Figure it out Mafia

Abhas

Retired Administrator
"Most of you would die soon"
That's what's confusing me, along with the night writeup where he says how many will die..

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I'm talking about this:
Now it was the night to follow. What will happen? Who will go? Will only one die? May be 2 or 3 or everyone!

followed by this:
It was night. One of the most silent ones in the history ever! Nothing happened... Or maybe it did...

When it was night, User hinted there might be more than one death, possibly a massacre situation (I'm not sure how, just stating my analysis of the writeup)
Then, in the day, after no night deaths, the writeup says nothing happened or maybe it did, so obviously there seems to be a silent kill, like a poisoning or something new.

...You have to figure it out! Figure it out now or most of you might die soon, very soon!
This probably refers to the general idea of the game, nothing specific. The town has to find out the anti-town, else they would risk dying.

I'm only trying to analyse it in depth, because User said the writeups are important, but I do not see anything in them so far.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am confused,
It was night. One of the most silent ones in the history ever! Nothing happened... Or maybe it did...

...You have to figure it out! Figure it out now or most of you might die soon, very soon!

If this is any riddle, we would need to know whether any there is any surprise/special role set ups in this theme. I am totally confused on what to figure out as we are not even clear what happened last night.

Whoever the cop is, they need to out the investigation results. Its time to gather clues and move forward.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I have been warning you all. Figure it out!

'I think this is related to something about the black .....'

As soon as he tried to tell the others, his voice kept fading and eventually he fell on the ground as the remaining 6 people were shockingly looking at his body.

Has it ended with just one death? I am not sure! There can be more to it. This may never have to do anything with sides. Maybe just one converted enemy at a time?

Simon is dead. He was a terribly ill vanilla townie.

Day 2 continues. With 6 alive, it takes 4 for a majority!

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Okay, that's a bit odd. Looks like a poisoned death, but why in the middle of the day?
I think the mafia needs to recruit, but not sure whether they have or not.

Regarding his incomplete sentence, at the risk of sounding racist, thedon's avatar has a black man, though I doubt that's the reference. More likely a thing than a person.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Never felt so newbie even in my first game. :( Very weird to see someone getting dead in middle of day after no kill in night. So I really doubt that we have cop & doc here. Else hint of poison kind of thing would have been given surely in write-up during end of day for doc to protect.

Related to black.. May be to do with people belonging to NZ, national color is black.

----------

One more way of looking at it - 'His voice faded off as he was trying to say something'

Correlating it, Simon was the first person to mention about poisoning. So it might be something like, you will get killed as soon as you are trying to figure out the actual mafia clause here? Meaning, it could be just smart figuring gameplay & lynching the mafia to save ourselves from getting killed? Am I reading too much?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Black hole, black sea, black box

----------

Black sea actually fits well, we're looking at a European city, with a mass outbreak of something. Possibly a reference to the Russian invasion on Ukraine?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Never felt so newbie even in my first game. :( Very weird to see someone getting dead in middle of day after no kill in night. So I really doubt that we have cop & doc here. Else hint of poison kind of thing would have been given surely in write-up during end of day for doc to protect.

Related to black.. May be to do with people belonging to NZ, national color is black.

----------

One more way of looking at it - 'His voice faded off as he was trying to say something'

Correlating it, Simon was the first person to mention about poisoning. So it might be something like, you will get killed as soon as you are trying to figure out the actual mafia clause here? Meaning, it could be just smart figuring gameplay & lynching the mafia to save ourselves from getting killed? Am I reading too much?

This sounds right, it has to be whoever mentions poisoning first was killed, or he simply could've been poisoned at night and it only took effect now.

Abhas mentioning the Black Sea in Europe sounds right too.

I am still stumped and can't really add anything tbh.

ved_

International Coach
Uhm..
Maybe there isn't some mafia? Just trying something here. What if the anti-town roles are non-killers, but they can select a random person to be poisoned?

Maybe Simon's role originally was a terribly ill VT, but the previous day's posts don't show a sense of urgency. I think it's the poisoner that's at work here.

Apart from that, I believe that a mass-claim is inevitable. We can hold it off, but probably tomorrow will be the final day. We might as well start today. And, we probably should have used the chance we had yesterday. We could have afforded a mislynch yesterday, but if we do that now it would benefit the mafia(?)

OR, maybe there is a doctor, who made some pro-ass save. I mean there's got to be some sort of healing role, right? With a poisoning role in play, it would only make sense to have one.
This sounds right, it has to be whoever mentions poisoning first was killed, or he simply could've been poisoned at night and it only took effect now.

Abhas mentioning the Black Sea in Europe sounds right too.

I am still stumped and can't really add anything tbh.
Eh. I think that's a little far-fetched. The poisoning at night thing seems more plausible. And to explain that,
Simon was the first person to mention about poisoning. So it might be something like, you will get killed as soon as you are trying to figure out the actual mafia clause here?
I think what the write-up meant was that Simon was trying to hint at the fact that he was poisoned. The '(s)' is sort of weird.

Anyway, there are 2(or more?) anti-town roles playing. And User is constantly saying 'figure it out', which is a little unusual too. Maybe he's hinting at something? I don't understand that.

Last edited:

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I've figured it out, User's playing with our heads.

I don't think mass claiming is a good option now. We might just end up revealing the PRs for the mafia.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I've figured it out, User's playing with our heads.

:)

Just a hint, read the writeup once again!

----------

In fact, read all the writeups so far, once again.

----------

This is a different setup... Figure it out!

Users who are viewing this thread