Football Transfers Thread

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haha, I see the funny side :p But I dont see anything wrong in supporting the teams. I am sure that this will get quoted often :p but imho there is difference between a team you are supporting and your favorite team. Barca and Dortmund are teams I support in their respective leagues, Chelsea is my favorite team.

----------

It's Go, Go, Go for Gomis

So basically you pick top teams only from each league and claim to support them.

Why did you not pick any mid table teams, considering you don't have any loyalties

Answer = glory hunter

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm kinda pleasantly surprised the vultures don't seem to be circling our lot this year. In 20 years I don't think there's ever been as talented a group of young players in scottish football as the core we've got at dundee united right now and with young players from rangers actually abandoning them to go to tannadice shows how seriously the youth development there is taking things.

if we hold it together for a few years we should be able to cash in on them big style, one 10m player would pretty much run the club for 5 years, and maybe even put up an unheard of league challenge.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Liverpool signings so far
  • Lambert
  • Can
  • Lallana
  • Origi *Loaned to Lille*
Origi deal should be announced by tomorrow I think.
Now lets get the Suarez deal over and done with, the fact that we'll be getting big amount of money + Sanchez is just great. Sanchez to me is a awesome player that is highly under-rated by everyone. If the fee is somewhere near 60+million pounds we can set up a deal for someone like Cavani or Higuain. Keep it up Brendon. :clap
Everton are sleeping. :p
As far as defence is concerned I think we just need that 1 great Center back and one backup to it, the reason why I say this is because Sakho has actually been quite good in the world cup so far, he may need some one really good next to him, wouldn't mind Lovren. We defo need 2 new fullbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Sanchez to Liverpool is far from a done deal, we will see movement on this once Chile are knocked out/win but I don't see him joining Liverpool.

Sanchez is top quality though, we can't see the full extent of his ability while he's at Barca with the team built around Messi.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
apparently a move to juventus is very close to being sealed, they've already had talks with him. could still end up with him in liverpool but his past success in italy makes me think he'll opt to go there.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Suarez is irreplaceable for me. The guy was involved in 51 of our goals last season. If he does leave though, I can easily see us getting Alexis in exchange.

----------

Can't see Juve paying in excess of 25mil for him, Stinky..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
In other news, I don't see the balotelli move to arsenal happening. I think it would be good for everyone, money for tight wads milan and a big game striker for arsenal. he's not happy as Milan are in decline, milan won't sell to Juve, he's not good enough for the spanish duo, so a return to england makes sense.

Wenger won't strike a deal Raiola though, the guy is complete money grabbing slime and I can't see Arsenal agreeing to his demands. it's also dangerous to let such a snake into the frey, milan have actually decided just not to buy anymore of his guys because they want rid of him.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Haha, I see the funny side :p But I dont see anything wrong in supporting the teams. I am sure that this will get quoted often :p but imho there is difference between a team you are supporting and your favorite team. Barca and Dortmund are teams I support in their respective leagues, Chelsea is my favorite team.

That's actually not how it works, you can like as many teams as you want, but can really only support 1, which should also be your favorite team, just because you prefer Barca to Real and BVB to Bayern in their respective leagues, it doesn't make you a supporter of those teams.

This seems to happen everywhere except the main football playing European and South American countries, living in 'Murica the past 8 years, I've come across people that claim to support both Barca and Real, United and Pool... they just leave you speechless.

Since when did that system come in for football?

As if it's a system in every other sport... :rolleyes

Liverpool signings so far
  • Lambert
  • Can
  • Lallana
  • Origi *Loaned to Lille*
Origi deal should be announced by tomorrow I think.
Now lets get the Suarez deal over and done with, the fact that we'll be getting big amount of money + Sanchez is just great. Sanchez to me is a awesome player that is highly under-rated by everyone. If the fee is somewhere near 60+million pounds we can set up a deal for someone like Cavani or Higuain. Keep it up Brendon. :clap
Everton are sleeping. :p
As far as defence is concerned I think we just need that 1 great Center back and one backup to it, the reason why I say this is because Sakho has actually been quite good in the world cup so far, he may need some one really good next to him, wouldn't mind Lovren. We defo need 2 new fullbacks.

I don't think Suarez will be sold (don't hold me to this...), I'm not even sure Barca will offer the amount of money you guys are looking for, Real though, I could see it, obviously there are reports going around that Suarez would prefer a move to Barca, but if Real's offer is bigger, that's the one Pool will accept.

And let me just crush any dreams you have of Cavani in red right now, unless PSG change their mind about giving the middle finger to UEFA in regards to FFP, this isn't happening, PSG like City, like Chelsea, only sell players that they want to get rid off, Higuain though, is a possibility, probably have to meet his release clause (I'm assuming he has one) though.

Can't see Juve paying in excess of 25mil for him, Stinky..

Knowing Barca, they'll sell him for ?5.1m... I've said this so many times that I've lost count, Barca are their own worst enemy, they literally took the best team in the world and buried it with an ever growing list of almighty tweak ups, I never would've thought Barca would be where they are right now 3 years ago when they won the CL.

Pedro should be getting sold, not Sanchez.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It has the Ibra and Eto'o swap written all over it, so I think it can happen if Barca are putting up the sort of money these reports claim they will and Pool can just not get Shaqiri if they feel they have Sanchez sown up, I don't see why that would be a problem really, and it's not like Pool had no interest in Sanchez before selling Suarez became a real option...

Users who are viewing this thread