Football Transfers Thread

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I said my opinion. As someone pointed out, Kroos is next to world class players with both Bayern and Germany.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has nothing to do with that.

Since when did pundits know anything about football?

I too would love for Man Utd to have him.

He's also highly rated by Scholes, who was in his turn highly rated by Xavi and Iniesta... don't tell me: Scholes knows nothing about football as well...

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
He's also highly rated by Scholes, who was in his turn highly rated by Xavi and Iniesta... don't tell me: Scholes knows nothing about football as well...

:lol

They are all so biased and say what they need to to appease certain people, in this case the Man Utd fans as it looked like he was ready for a move.

Kroos isn't fit to shine Scholes' boots.

I'm judging him based on watching his games, not other people like you seem to be that's a bit worse than Davoo even.

P Squared

International Coach

They are all so biased and say what they need to to appease certain people, in this case the Man Utd fans as it looked like he was ready for a move.

I'm judging him based on watching his games, not other people like you seem to be that's a bit worse than Davoo even.

Scholes hasn't exactly been appeasing Man Utd fans with his recent comments, that said I do agree with you that Kroos is incredibly overrated(plus it looks like his attitude stinks as well). I'm glad Van Gaal blocked the move.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Every time I've seen him play, he's impressed me. I am not a mindless drone that can only be influenced by other people; I make my own mind up based on what I see, he's a very good player.

Ibrahimovic for example, I don't rate, even though many others do. Why? All I've seen him do is score one (admittedly amazing) goal against England - when I've seen him in the Champions League against English teams, he's been garbage. That's based on what I've seen, not what others spout.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yeah but you're objectively wrong about ibrahimovic. even that match against england he didn't just score 1 goal, he ripped you a knew one for the whole 90 minutes.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
He'll do all right at Real I think.

----------

Every time I've seen him play, he's impressed me. I am not a mindless drone that can only be influenced by other people; I make my own mind up based on what I see, he's a very good player.

Ibrahimovic for example, I don't rate, even though many others do. Why? All I've seen him do is score one (admittedly amazing) goal against England - when I've seen him in the Champions League against English teams, he's been garbage. That's based on what I've seen, not what others spout.

Rubbish.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Ibrahimovic won 10 league titles in 11 seasons (including the 2 juventus were stripped of) with 6 different clubs in four different countries. with the exception of one year at barcelona he has been in the main man in every one of those sides.

he's crap though.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Benatia at Barca for some reason, and Barca have already said they're looking at bringing in 2 CBs this summer.

I dont think that's ever gonna happen.Barca have been pretty bad at those sections.Manchester City shall sewwp Mangala and Benatia.

However Im pretty excited at seeing Suarez in Barca next season.With the way negotiations are going on,this seems to be inevitable.Messi,Neymar and Suarez will be able to 'bite' through any defence and shall be the reason if at all we win anything this year.
Also the signings of Rakitic,Claudio Bravo and ter Stegen seems good.Hope that this new outfit of Barca matches the standards set by Pep's and Tito's sides..

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Transfer news: Liverpool's Luis Suarez set to complete Barcelona move | Football News | Sky Sports

Barcelona to pay Liverpool ?79 million for Luis Su?rez - MARCA.com (English version)

Looks inevitable indeed.

I dont think that's ever gonna happen.Barca have been pretty bad at those sections.Manchester City shall sewwp Mangala and Benatia.

We'll see if the new Barca president pulls through on his word, however there's no chance we're signing both Mangala and Benatia, that would definitely see us surpass the transfer spending cap set by UEFA as part of the FFP sanctions.

Last edited:

Vivek7

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Suarez signs for FC Barcelona for a 5-year deal costing Barcelona approximately ?63M!

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Liverpool giving me massive Tottenham 13/14 vibes here. Spunking all the Suarez money in one window on a bunch of average players. Lovren could be a cracking signing I feel, finally someone good to replace that idiot Skrtel, but the rest is so underwhelming.

With Champions League football added to no Suarez, the team will suffer. Man Utd have a huge opportunity to capitalise on this and get back into the top four.

Also, what did I tell you @Epic, Sanchez was never going to Liverpool;).

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Lovren for 20mil would be a terrible deal imo, and he plays on the left of a CB pairing, meaning he's likely to start over Sakho, not Skrtel. Agger is off then I guess.

Markovic and Origi are all but done deals as well apparently. Seen enough of Markovic to know he's almost as good as Sterling, so thats 20mil well spent. Have no clue about Origi though, who we're signing for 7mil and loaning him back to Lille this season.

As things stand, I think we'll finish 5th. Adios Suarez, you irreplaceable machine. :(

Users who are viewing this thread