Football Transfers Thread

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lovren for 20mil would be a terrible deal imo, and he plays on the left of a CB pairing, meaning he's likely to start over Sakho, not Skrtel. Agger is off then I guess.

Markovic and Origi are all but done deals as well apparently. Seen enough of Markovic to know he's almost as good as Sterling, so thats 20mil well spent. Have no clue about Origi though, who we're signing for 7mil and loaning him back to Lille this season.

As things stand, I think we'll finish 5th. Adios Suarez, you irreplaceable machine. :(

Markovic and Origi are class, but their so young and neither will hit the ground running and that is the problem.

I like Markovic but that's way too much money to spend on him, no way would I call it 20 mil well spent.

Clearly from the World Cup we've seen Origi's talent but he is still very raw.

As for Lallana, it's clear he'll underwhelm greatly, spot on Stinky.

All this LCB and RCB mumbo jumbo doesn't mean much, it isn't difficult to adapt to playing on the other side at all and Lovren is right footed anyway. The money is huge for him, but he is class and clearly he wouldn't be as much of a waste as say Lallana for his fee. I know you rate Sakho, but I still see him as a donkey that needs to step up a lot this season. The best of a poor bunch of defenders.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Markovic is 20 and has all the tools in him to be a 40mil player in the future. I'd say it was worth the investment. Just needs to bulk up a bit, because he may find the physicality of the Premiership as his biggest challenge to cope with. Himself and Sterling on either flank would definitely terrorize opposition fullbacks, especially on the counter. Both are lightning quick, and Markovic is quicker!

Regarding Sakho, I'd say it's his clumsy body positioning that makes you think he's not good. When in truth he's actually aerially rock solid and has a great vision for passing (an attribute of his, which's underrated imo).

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah Markovic is awesome but Liverpool need players who will come in and perform now. The problem is that because of the money spent on Markovic for example, there isn't money for the players who are the finished product or close to it. Then you'll get the problem where after a few years finishing 5th or below, the likes of Markovic will want to leave!

The team has the same problem here that the Arsenal team of the late 00s had, except that Liverpool aren't paying off a stadium.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I think Lallana is a rubbish deal anyway, a very ashley young, charlie miller, stuart downing type signing. I very much doubt he'll make the step up.

Nah Lallana a much better player than Young or Downing currently, that when big clubs sign them.

Presuming Rogers continues with his 4-4-2 diamond formation despite all the signs, i can see Lallana doing quite well playing at the tip off that diamond.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Nah Lallana a much better player than Young or Downing currently, that when big clubs sign them.

Presuming Rogers continues with his 4-4-2 diamond formation despite all the signs, i can see Lallana doing quite well playing at the tip off that diamond.

I don't think we'll be sticking with the 4-4-2 diamond now that Suarez is gone. He was forced to use that formation. He didn't choose to, and I don't think he really wanted to, but that was the best way to incorporate both Surez and Sturridge into the starting XI. I believe he will revert to his preferred 4-3-3 formation now with Sturridge as the focal point. He'll probably use Sterling as an inverted winger, and Henderson & Coutinho/Allen as shuttlers (though that is not Coutinho's best position) in front of Gerrard.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Br9Rw9XIEAAL8-M.jpg:large

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmmm...no disrespect to Roma but I thought a bigger club would get hold of Cole.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President

he might, but one of the problems I think the EPL has is that with all the money, teams are reluctant to hand that marquee no.10 position to guys that don't have a glamourous profile. a 26 year old, boy done good, signing from southampton will never get the no.10 position because he's not a 21 year old hot stuff south american or some guy that tearing up a league in europe last year.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
he might, but one of the problems I think the EPL has is that with all the money, teams are reluctant to hand that marquee no.10 position to guys that don't have a glamourous profile. a 26 year old, boy done good, signing from southampton will never get the no.10 position because he's not a 21 year old hot stuff south american or some guy that tearing up a league in europe last year.

...but but but...he's ADAM LALLANA... he's the english iniesta... don't you know how good you have to be to be the english iniesta?

not very

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think we'll be sticking with the 4-4-2 diamond now that Suarez is gone. He was forced to use that formation. He didn't choose to, and I don't think he really wanted to, but that was the best way to incorporate both Surez and Sturridge into the starting XI. I believe he will revert to his preferred 4-3-3 formation now with Sturridge as the focal point. He'll probably use Sterling as an inverted winger, and Henderson & Coutinho/Allen as shuttlers (though that is not Coutinho's best position) in front of Gerrard.

Yea to some degree the 4-4-2 diamond & back 3 formations was done to incorporate Sturridge & Suarez, along with giving Gerrard enough protection in mid-field.

I don't know if you pool plans believe/still holding out hope of Sanchez coming as part off the Suarez deal, but if he does - i guess the diamond formation could stay. Otherwise 4-3-3 as you said.

StinkyBoHoon said:

Yes this is big factor against him getting the set role, the only hope i give him is the fact that Rogers seems to be interested in giving English/British players chances. So i'm observing to see how that one plays out next season..

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't know if you pool plans believe/still holding out hope of Sanchez coming as part off the Suarez deal, but if he does - i guess the diamond formation could stay. Otherwise 4-3-3 as you said.

nah lol, sanchez was never coming to liverpool. he's too good for us.

Few things on the Suarez transfer:

- disappointed, obviously, to lose a world class player that in my opinion, is irreplaceable
- however, he wanted to go and reading the quotes by Oscar Tabarez, he was throwing his toys out of the pram to get his way when he found out the Liverpool may backtrack on the deal
- Barcelona does want him quite badly, and is paying a lot of money. A lot more than we paid for him
- as a footballer, he is probably too good for Liverpool, as much as it pains me to say that
- however, his situation was also becoming untenable with the countless controversies. It makes the club look bad (although tbh I don't really care about because that's not my job- I just want to see Liverpool win)
- more than anything, I think it's smart business because he was always going to leave Liverpool at some point. I think if he had been injured for the World Cup, or just not bitten someone (!!!), liverpool would have been in a better bargaining position. suarez though, has shown his propensity to controversy and i think liverpool on some level recognized that and tried to cash in before his market value took a huge nosedive after another (hypothetical, but virtually inevitable) controversy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread