Sign-ups Cricket League of the Month - August | Start voting!

Lankan Super League - Neer

• LSL - Neer (Accidently added it in the question bar.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How come you haven't included your own league in to the contest?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Every month, the panellists would nominate their three favourite leagues for the month, and they would not be able to nominate their own. Any league with two nominations would then go into the short-list, before a public vote for the winner.

Sounds somewhat okay, but there should be five panellists in my opinion. One from the 2000s when the leagues section was young, one from the golden premier leagues era, one with a good reputation of managing leagues, one who's been active in various leagues as a team manager such as Fenil/ThebigGamer, and one who can be voted in by the other panellists. That should cover all the bases and then you can do whatever you've mentioned in that post.

If it sounds too much for one month, turn it into a League of the Season as per the seasons in the cricketing calendar. Current one's 2014/15.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
How come you haven't included your own league in to the contest?
Which one? HK 6s started in September and Zong/Haier Cup is not completed nor near the end.

Sounds somewhat okay, but there should be five panellists in my opinion. One from the 2000s when the leagues section was young, one from the golden premier leagues era, one with a good reputation of managing leagues, one who's been active in various leagues as a team manager such as Fenil/ThebigGamer, and one who can be voted in by the other panellists. That should cover all the bases and then you can do whatever you've mentioned in that post.

If it sounds too much for one month, turn it into a League of the Season as per the seasons in the cricketing calendar. Current one's 2014/15.
No need for a panel to decide how many leagues will enter because there is no limitation on the number of leagues competing.

Every league that is eligble according to the rules is gonna be selected no matter how good or bad it is. The members have to rate the leagues.

I'd rather change it to a ranking system then a competition.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

That is a good idea. I would definitely suggest some like @Sulaiman7 for a panellist (for the manager of many various leagues.) I don't think many people are active from the 2000 era, however I hope you find one for that category.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
Every league that is eligble according to the rules is gonna be selected no matter how good or bad it is. The members have to rate the leagues.

That doesn't sound very good because a lot of people have crooked minds. If I know any better, a good number of them would rather vote for someone whom they're friends with than someone whose league actually deserves a vote. All just for the sake of preserving some weird little thing called "friendship".

That's why it'd be advisable to pick a panel of people who actually know a thing or two about rating leagues and do what Author suggested.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Would love to join it !

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
My proposal for this, if it's going to run at all:

-

A panel of five members to decide the shortlist of leagues. Of those five, four should be regular members, and one should be a guest - ideally a different guest each month. This should ensure that we get a good cross-section of the community. An example committee could be:
Obviously, that panel is by no means a final list.

-

The role of the committee would be three-fold:
  • Firstly, each member of the committee selects their three favourite leagues from the month. They cannot select their own league. If a league is nominated by three or more panellists, it is shortlisted.
  • Secondly, they each rank the short-list from most to least impressive in each of three categories:
    • Organisation (including accuracy of ratings)
    • Presentation (graphics, grammar, clarity of information)
    • Enjoyment (how enjoyable is the league to be a part of)
  • To select next month's guest panellist.
This means that each league in the short-list will have a rating from the panel. This will contribute half of their final score.

All committee conversations would take place in a private group conversation, rather than airing dirty linen in public.

-

The other half of their scores will come from the public vote. In this way, the League of the Month will be decided fairly and democratically, but also on merit.

-

To be eligible for League of the Month, the league need only have had matches simulated in the month in question, and the league manager not be banned from the forum.

The winning league could be stickied for a month or something similar. The only trouble with that is the amount of sticky threads in this forum already (although the resources thread can be axed seeing as it's all in the dummies thread anyway).

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's views on this, because I'm not claiming that it's perfect at all.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
You can't get good numbers of leagues in one single month, So Time span must be more than a Month... may be This need to conduct once in every 2-3 month, not in every single month...

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
You can't have a league of the 'month' everytime. You can do it quarterly which will also give you more options and more quality leagues. Also, I would strongly recommend to have at least one staff member in the panel if you can convince one. As far as VC's point of having someone like me in the panel is concerned, I don't mind being in it if nobdody has any issue.

@The Author Dipak is a good choice but he hardly visits leagues section now.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
You can't have a league of the 'month' everytime. You can do it quarterly which will also give you more options and more quality leagues. Also, I would strongly recommend to have at least one staff member in the panel if you can convince one. As far as VC's point of having someone like me in the panel is concerned, I don't mind being in it if nobdody has any issue.

@The Author Dipak is a good choice but he hardly visits leagues section now.

I think you should definitely be part of it. You are unbiased and will provide a fair result. And also I have to agree with the quarterly opinion, or at least make sure that the majority of the games are in that month rather than all.

Users who are viewing this thread