Sign-ups Cricket League of the Month - August | Start voting!

Lankan Super League - Neer

• LSL - Neer (Accidently added it in the question bar.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, I really like the points Fenil and The Author posted. I think this should be ran the PCGMC way, it's the best way to get fair and democratic results. And yeah, including a staff member as a panelist would be a great thing to do and that person probably is @Samuels. Having this every month will force people to do somethings different from their schedule and might disturb their sleep as well considering that only successful and well presented leagues will qualify. Having this after a month or two should be a better idea.

The PCGMC way would lead to fair results as not only the member will vote but the panelists will also rate the league and the entries will be awarded according to panelists' ratings. This is how the PCGMC way works but there's a way where we can say that the idea is adopted, members may vote for whichever entry they like but the panelists' ratings won't be individual, as The Author said, each member of the committee will select three favourite leagues from the month/or two and if a league is nominated by three or more panellists, it is shortlisted.

Regarding the panelists, I think that we should go for experienced and communicating/helping active members. Having active members should be a fact to be quite honest as a less active member doesn't know how a certain league is being played and what's its base in fact, it will make his job of deciding points and rating hard and since they're not much active, they would lose it.

I think we all confirm VC as a member and I believe VC should decide the other. Just a personal suggestion this is.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Having this every month will force people to do somethings different from their schedule and might disturb their sleep as well considering that only successful and well presented leagues will qualify.

I'll still be snoozing as usual.

You can do it quarterly which will also give you more options and more quality leagues.

How about doing it according to the three cricketing seasons in every year? The current one i.e 2014/15 has already started. Sounds more cricket-ish that way.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Oye, stop! Too much idea given by people but less co-ordination. Sulaiman7 is right, this should be ran in PCGMC style and Fenil's right to include a staffie if you can convince one, Vc's right making it based on a calander rather than a month. The Author's every bit in that proposal is right so why this discussion and spamming the thread? The winner should be rewarded with their rank or whatever it is (Associate Cricketer, Weekend Cricketer, Internatiol Coach, Panel of Selectors) changed to Cricket League Organization Championship Winner or something like that. Why am I even in this? Ofcourse I'm the reason behind it. It reminds me of an Urdu phrase, "Saare fisaad ki jadh" which means that i'm the reason behind this discussion/arguement/chaos. Rules to be changed tonight. Just wait and see what I'll do.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Hold on your horses, chaps! Before you decide on this, you will want to inform the admins about the idea. It is they who have the power to decide on this and to award special user titles to a member.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
I think we all confirm VC as a member and I believe VC should decide the other. Just a personal suggestion this is.

I reckon The Author should do that. Let him be the head since he came up with this panel proposal. I have no interest in being anything more than a simple member, and that's only 'cause y'all brought my name up. Otherwise I wouldn't be interested in that either.

Maybe find some role for Shoaib/Shabby if this is going to run at all 'cause he brought this up and seems knowledgeable about stuff. Judging people simply by their experience/inexperience isn't always the way to go, or this guy would be one of the greatest cricketers to have ever lived.

-

User2010, CG123, Varun, swirler, Iridium - What's your take on all this? You all were here when this first started but was eventually discontinued for some reason.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Very good idea The Author. I have always brought up the issue of getting back the LOTM, always in vain. Thanks for choosing me as a panelist as well. Don't let the staff discourage you by telling we don't need it.

It was discontinued because of controversies regarding the nominations and the votes - but lets give this another chance? If the staffies are still reluctant, we can always hold this as a friendly competition![DOUBLEPOST=1411132459][/DOUBLEPOST]I'd say make it 60% panel based and 40% votes - something we do in PCGMC

Varun

ICC Board Member
I haven't read the thread yet - slightly busy. Was this approved by the other forum mods? We can't make it official unless all the staff approves. Some of us aren't in the favour of an LOTM, but we'll discuss it out quickly.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
We surely can't have an unofficial LOTM? Can we? I am always against this thing as I feel it plays no part in improving the activity or anything else in the leagues section. Managers who enjoy the leagues will keep doing the same regardless of this, I feel.

Staff don't discourage anything or anyone, it is just that we see no point in bringing back something which caused controversies earlier and proved to be a failure.

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Please include some of the newbie's leagues too

Varun

ICC Board Member
Okay, so I've read through the thread. I can't find anything that convinces me that this is going to contribute to the League section in a positive way. The last series of LoTMs was unanimously stopped even when it was formulated much properly than this currently is. However, if any of the supporters of this have a convincing argument, we'll consider it - to ensure that we be as democratic as possible, although I'll probably remain skeptical of the idea. What you could do, @shoaibakhtar, if you're too ambitious with this, is to run a few unofficial iterations and show us that there's scope of an LoTM affecting the section positively.

Users who are viewing this thread