Cricket Leagues - Announcements

Not new but there are no leagues wherein managers form a team and it'll go according to ICC Fixtures and all. Like that of Bilal (BKB1991) or recently by Mr. Nokkaya.

Well I liked the idea . It will be a fun league but with real players. I dont have that much of time *lying I gets bored easily*. I just dont love searching for images and aligning those things when posting a match :p . Salute to the League managers who devote their time in big leagues like WC15 or UT or CM .

@Raghu I see you looking for league where managers would love to join/or be active. So I say this is your time grab it.[DOUBLEPOST=1431265848][/DOUBLEPOST]
How about a PC's journey league? Yesterday Samuels had a chat and I was thinking it would be nice to bring in.

With PC players ?

Well I liked the idea . It will be a fun league but with real players. I dont have that much of time *lying I gets bored easily*. I just dont love searching for images and aligning those things when posting a match :p . Salute to the League managers who devote their time in big leagues like WC15 or UT or CM .

@Raghu I see you looking for league where managers would love to join/or be active. So I say this is your time grab it.

I also started lot of Different type of leagues [some of them presented poorly :p] but not get enough members to them... look at my current league MWC, which is simple and easy... But still i struggle to find managers to all teams... so i learned one thing, it is not different type of leagues attract members... most of the time it depends on when you start the league [and some luck / which i only felt once in time of IPL 2015]... and off course, if you are popular league manger like @VC the slogger / @The Author ... So MWC is my last league, which i want to finish and if i did good job with it than i continue 2-3 seasons more...

Being Popular is other thing but I feel VC and Author gets managers because they keep things simple and of course their ratings is better than anyone else. They stick to one thing. I joined the leagues when VC was bored of this player Drafts thing. So I haven't been able to join his leagues where I pick players. He provided the squad every time whether its LAB V (my 1st league on PC), Olympics , CWC 15 , LAB VI etc. I would love to join one of his leagues where I gets to choose players.
I have been part of Author's league and what I liked is he just dont start league to get too many managers and assigning COs for the sake of activity. Prime example is his World cricket championship which was started with only 2 teams and increasing season by season ( 6 titles till now for me :p ).

I agree with a lot of what Aman says here.

VC and I do tend to get managers now, but it's completely unfair to say that it's just because we're "popular" (within the narrow confines of an internet sub-forum). Fairer would be to look at what we did to become so "popular". For me, it was a lot of hard work:

BetFred 30 - My first completed league was small, simple, and had a little unique point to it - the format. I also didn't keep flogging it to death.
Canadian Premier League - My first league to run for more than one season. I later failed to revive it, foolishly.
RBS Scottish Cup - I'm pretty ashamed of it now, but again I kept it small and short.
Associate Premier League - Possibly my best league; it ran for six seasons and I hope to run a seventh after my exams.
World Cricket Challenge - This was my first real failure. I went too big (16-team round robin) and therefore couldn't keep it going.
World Test Championship - My first dalliance with first-class cricket. Again, I kept it compact with 15 matches.
ICC Outreach Programme - A return to Associate leagues; great fun while it lasted for two seasons.
The American League - I did quite a bit of groundwork for this one, but a lot of managers didn't seem to care. Cut my losses.
CommBank Cricket League - A scarily huge 20-team Aussie league. Would have finished it if my old laptop hadn't died horribly, I think.
PlanetCricket FTP - A foolishly huge undertaking which I think also died with the aforementioned laptop in its second season.
Rutland CCC - The less said about this disaster, the better.
Nagico Americas Championship - An enjoyable league, the first which I hoped would lead to a 32-team World Cup (WC32).
Allianz European Championship - The second in the WC32 series; could've been bigger, but ran successfully.
KFC SANZAC Championship - The third WC32 league; a couple of mistakes in there, but it got finished.
Scottish Cricket League - An attempt to reinvent my second league; was going okay for a while.
United States of PlanetCricket - An attempt at a collab league; turns out three heads are more complicated than one.
Border-Gavaskar Trophy - I just wanted to do something different, and did so with mild success.
Sahara Asian Championship - Trying to get my WC32 back on track, but public support had waned. Abandoned.
Challenge Cup - I wanted to do something small and innovative again, so I did.
World Championship of Cricket - My favourite league, 10 seasons in with more to come.
European Cricket League - It had been a long time since I'd last done a Premier League; thought I'd give it a whirl.
The Ashes 2015 - I wanted to recapture the Border-Gavaskar Trophy again; in progress.
Carib Shield - Just a little bit of fun to take my mind off things, really; in progress.

In that spoiler is the complete list of leagues that I've run here. That's 30 completed seasons of various leagues, with two more currently in progress. That said, I've also aborted eight seasons (and USPC) for various reasons, usually to do with being over-enthusiastic and trying to do everything at once.

The moral of the story: popular league managers don't just become popular by magic, they have to work at it and hone their craft. To expect sixteen active managers to join and all to do their jobs is usually fanciful at best - the best leagues I've run have been between six and eight teams, as a rule, although that's not to say you can't run with more. Similarly, I've not been perfect - I've often tried things that haven't worked out, or abandoned things because I couldn't cope. The trick, really, is to ensure that you complete far more than you abandon.

I've also never tried to hide an insufficient league behind flashy graphics or gimmicks. Very few of the best leagues the forum has seen have been remembered for their graphics, because the managers of them put all their time into creating a league which is enjoyable and almost becomes a community.

But it's not "because I'm popular". I've never been popular, nor have I tried to be.

People want unique and new ideas?

Well, what if I tell You that, sometimes simplicity can be the best, yet difficult thing for people to accomplish.

Users who are viewing this thread