Zimbabwe's tour of Pakistan - May 2015

However, the decision was soon pushed into the waiting area when another press release minutes later said discussions are ongoing between the two boards. ZC media and communications manager Lovemore Banda sent out the e-mail taking the statement back. "My apology Please do NOT run with the attached. Discussions are still ongoing and the final position will be announced as and when."
Nothing is official from that article.

As much as I would also like to see international cricket played in Pakistan again (and Zimbabwe get more cricket), security must remain the highest concern and I would completely understand if ZC decide to axe the tour.

They cancelled the tour and did a press conference about it. However, 15 minutes later they said they are still in discussion about it.

Did they? I didn't know that.

Wasn't the Sri Lankan bus only accompanied by a few police cars? You'd think this time round they would shut off the road or something like that.

Somebody who lives in Lahore will obviously correct me on this but isn't the hotel like literally right next door to the cricket stadium? So transferring the players to the ground shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think they've even installed new high security fencing as well.
Yes I'm From Lahore. According to me, i don't think any hotel nearby Gaddafi Stadium. Yes Pakistan is going to provide fool proof security. You can also watch videos on dailymotion about Kenya's Tour

Hope this comes of, good to see Zim in action and good to see cricket on Pak soil again, great win overall.

fool proof security

TPHAplo.gif

I'm sure these things were promised before the Sri Lanka series

hope all goes well though :)

Well...If the tour is still going ahead then the Zimbabweans are scheduled to depart for Pakistan today.

Maybe this is the new "presidential-level" security? Ambiguously "suspend" the tour and have the Zimbabwe players just show up out of nowhere ready to play a week later? ;)

No its tuesday!
Yes they arrive in Pakistan on tuesday but they leave Zimbabwe for UAE today.

ZIM > UAE > PAK

Are you going to any of the matches?

Yes they arrive in Pakistan on tuesday but they leave Zimbabwe for UAE today.

ZIM > UAE > PAK

Are you going to any of the matches?
I want to go, but if my parents allow. But only in Twenty20

What's the weather like in Lahore?

A few of the players expressing their feelings ahead of the tour on twitter...

Users who are viewing this thread