Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For Pakistan to "rule the world" they would first have to win a few series outside of their comfort zone (subcontinent).

UAE is a Gulf country mate :) . I agree with the fact that Pak isn't ruling the world of cricket.But, they've been playing some decent cricket outside subcontinent for some time.

Last edited:

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And YK has scored 173 in Leeds against England in 2006 + He also has scored 111 against South Africa in Cape town.He also has various 100's outside subcontinent( in New Zealand, Zimbabwe,West Indies & UAE).So, IMO he's isn't a "one trick pony". I know some guys were offended by that statement against SRT but, why involve other cricketers?For me, Sachin was a match winner & a legend. Peace

Btw, Sri Lanka completely outplayed us in all departments in the final game. They were outstanding in the field & deserved to win. Hope T20's will be interesting :)

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
UAE is a Gulf country mate :) . I agree with the fact that Pak isn't ruling the world of cricket.But, they've been playing some decent cricket outside subcontinent for some time.
They're practically the same in terms of playing conditions. [HASHTAG]#AbsoluteRoads[/HASHTAG]

S

Satan666

They're practically the same in terms of playing conditions. [HASHTAG]#AbsoluteRoad[/HASHTAG]s

The series in 2014 involving Pak and Australia proved tose pitches were far from being roads, well cant remember correctly but think it was played in UAE.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
And YK has scored 173 in Leeds against England in 2006 + He also has scored 111 against South Africa in Cape town.He also has various 100's outside subcontinent( in New Zealand, Zimbabwe,West Indies & UAE).So, IMO he's isn't a "one trick pony". I know some guys were offended by that statement against SRT but, why involve other cricketers?For me, Sachin was a match winner & a legend. Peace

Btw, Sri Lanka completely outplayed us in all departments in the final game. They were outstanding in the field & deserved to win. Hope T20's will be interesting :)

Unfortunately, in my opinion he is one. I apologize, I hadn't seen his tons in England and SA, and should have at least googled it before being so overconfident and passing on rubbish on the forum. It has nothing to do with SRT or RSD. I've not seen those two hundreds, I checked online that Pakistan lost in them. So, 3 hundreds out of 30 in a career of 15 years? Hardly an accomplishment. If Younis Khan is a legend of the game, it's safe to say that there are at least 50 batsmen today that classify in that range.

This is my opinion- Challenges are of two types-

1) Batting in Aus, Eng, SA and NZ.
2) Batting in Ind, SL, Pak/DBX, WI.

For me, I rate Indians/SL/Pak/WI on their performances in bracket 1 and vice versa. Since you're being objective in the debate, I'll give you and example of my countryman- You look at the record of Rohit Sharma- He is like a walking god in any format in the sub continent. You look at him outside it? The picture is a sorry one. On the flip side, you have someone like Rahane.

A lot of people in India term Zaheer Khan as a legend. He's not. He was just a very good bowler, just like Younis Khan is. Legends? Wasim Akram may be. Sachin Tendulkar may be? Kumar Sangakkara?

I just don't rate Younis Khan as someone who's going to win you a test match in two sessions on a seaming bouncy deck. Not even save it. In the sub continent? Bowling to him is painful. Just keeps racking them up.

As for Pakistan playing cricket in Aus, Eng, SA and NZ. Hard to win a series over there for any sub continent team. In the last 3-4 years, I only remember Pakistan going to SA and getting mauled. I might be wrong, but I just always see them playing in Dubai.

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Aus and Eng pitches are completely different. What youve done is sperate the locations based on whether they help pace or spin which I agree with but its hard to put all of them under one bracket...

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The series in 2014 involving Pak and Australia proved tose pitches were far from being roads, well cant remember correctly but think it was played in UAE.

Those pitches were ROADS. There was nothing in it. You must be watching a different series.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Saying that Inzamam is not in the likes of Dravid is joke of the century i believe. I remember the statement of Ian Chappel (A cricketing mind if you accept him) that Inzamam is just behind Tendulkar and Lara but he didn't get the credit of being so good. So He just talked about A grade players Tendulkar, Lara, Ponting, Inzamam. Media and over-hype is the major advantage India got. You guyz should not get too offended when someone says with a personal opinion that Sachin was never a kind of Match Winner like Inzi and many other legendary cricketers were. In my view, He was technically the best batsman though who gave nightmares to bowlers like Shane Warne. I am not offended when you people are completely biased on Pakistani Players. Make your standards a little low mates. There are tonnes of World Class Batsmen outside your country. And Some are far better than Dravid, Ganguly and Sehwag :) Those who are making issue of Younis Khan sub-continent performances should check the stats that how many centuries Tendulkar and the other indian players have made in their home country. I don't have any issues with that. A performance is a performance no matter where you get, at the end of the day you are performing well against opposition. So have the courage to give due credit to Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi and Inzamam, Don't be so biased lol. Have the patience of listening other views on Tendulkar and alike. Peace and lets wait for T-20 Series.

PS: I wish BCCI agrees soon to have a Pak/India Series but I doubt they will do this sooner

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan are just ripping into SL. Malinga looking like a shadow of his former self. I didn't follow but why was Sarfaraz not playing?

Saw Imaad Wasim bowl. Can't wait for him to bowl to a world class batsman. Sohail Tanvir made a good come back. I think he's a very very good t20 bowler!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

You are the one devolving pitches there so UAE PITCH = PAK PITCH

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
A comprehensive victory by Team Green. Sarfraz isn't playing and i feel there is something not right about the management with him. Even though Sarfraz is playing in One days and Test Matches and sometimes T-20 but I feel that somehow Sarfraz is not in the long term plans of Team Management particularly Waqar Younis.

Nauman Anwar was a great find He has to be there in place of Mukhtar i believe or Rizwan, but considering the talent eye Waqar possesess, I doubt Nauman can contribute much to Pakistani team at this stage.

One cause of concern is our T-20 Captain Shahid Afridi, It seems that it has been ages since he performed with both ball and bat. I feel for him because it is definitely tough to perform after a gap of three months considering you are out now from One day matches. He needs to get some form quickly otherwise Waqar would start thinking like "Hey! Why not we should try Umar Akmal as Captain"

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So, 3 hundreds out of 30 in a career of 15 years? Hardly an accomplishment.
in a 15 year career, he's played just 5 matches in england, averaging 52.22, 3 matches in australia, averaging 43.16, and 5 matches in new zealand, averaging 65.28.
so among the countries you said it was difficult for an asian batsman to bat in, only in south africa he has an ordinary record
I just always see them playing in Dubai.
you can say thanks to the big three for that

Users who are viewing this thread