India's Tour of Sri Lanka

nikhil_99

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Bowlers did a good job for India
1: Zaheer
2: Praveen Kumar

The combination of Zaheer Khan, Praveen Kumar and Munaf Patel looked exciting and achieved more than any Indian fast bowlers over the past year. The pick of the bowlers was Zaheer, who bowled splendidly in Dambulla and maintained a consistent, nagging channel at the Premadasa.

It Dhoni's early days in his captaincy, but is it a coincidence that under Dhoni, India have won the inaugural World Twenty20, their first trophy in Australia for 22 years, and their first ever series in Sri Lanka,good luck to him and also for India,we have plenty of expectations from him,kepp it up.

He also performed in batting,normally Indian captains after some time they dont perfrom due to pressure/media (whatever may be the reason).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If he plays like this in test he will be successful. There he bats in his usual carefree style. :mad:

He takes more responsibility in ODI's and hence bats like this. He should be given test captaincy now, and he will bat the way he bats right now in ODI's.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Well Yuvi vs Sri Lanka is waste of batsman.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yo The last game of the series was the Best:happy

Nonsense.... The 2nd game was the best ever with the fight being so close. Had SL picked one more wicket (esp. that of Badri), they could have won it. The last one was the worst because India switched off once they won the series.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In fact,India switched off in almost all matches.Especially after they had got Sangakarra,Jayasuriya and Mahela.
We had them at 100/6 almost every time and Thushara came and smashed 40-50.
Maybe,we just didnt go for the kill.

nikhil_99

International Coach

nikhil_99

International Coach
Vaas wanted to know how I swung the ball back: Zaheer

As always, Zaheer was reluctant to talk about it. Eventually, however, he conceded that Vaas wanted to know he managed to swing the ball back, and prodigiously so.

"Vaasy was asking me how I swung the ball back. I was asking him the same too. You see, Vaasy is a big-time player for he's achieved so much for Sri Lanka. Bowling in the sub-continent is not easy and he has played over 100 Tests (107 to be exact) and has taken almost 750 international wickets.

It's a great achievement. We also were intrigued because we had never seen the ball do so much under lights at the Premadasa Stadium. It was nice of him to share things with me," said Zaheer.
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3450026.cms

We all know Vaas can bring it back easily,i dont know why he asked Zaheer,Wasim Akram is the best left handed bowler of all time.Both these (Zaheer,Vaas) have taken tips from him earlier.

nikhil_99 added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Playing more against Mendis has helped team: Rohit Sharma

"You might have seen what happened in the One-day series (in Sri Lanka). He did not get as many wickets (as in the Tests). That was because our players had played him more often by then. I don't see any difficulty (in playing Mendis) in the future," Sharma told PTI before leaving for Chennai to represent Mumbai in the Buchi Babu tournament.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3449224.cms

This is bound to happen,more you face him,it will help you more.

Users who are viewing this thread