India's Tour of Sri Lanka

.Mob

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tharanga didn't play, you mean Thushara. :p

Edit: Oh christ, here comes Mendis, bye bye Yuvi!
Edit2: right on cue!

Last edited:

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
It Happens always i mean when India win a series before the end of the series (last ODI) we say they give up easily play lose..

Good Job Mendis the whole series

Would like to see Mendis V Australia Aussie's will not have many Problems with Mendis they must have learned very much from this tour

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Looks like India cannot get to 100 and Mendis will get 5 wicket haul today.

khalek added 6 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

100 up for India, thanks to Munaf and Ojha :D

khalek added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Ouch he's gone, 4 wickets for Mendis. Good reply from SL but still India have won the series.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
I think Jehan Mubarak should replace Chamara Silva for good, that guy is aboslutely out of form.

.Mob

International Coach
I think Jehan Mubarak should replace Chamara Silva for good, that guy is aboslutely out of form.

That makes no sense at all, replace him forever because he's out of form, and form is temporary.

Silva ftw! :mad:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Poor captaincy by Dhoni, he called the toss incorrectly.

Well May be,But I think India was a bit relax in the Match.
Toss is always a Gamble in Srilanka.
We have seen that in 2nd ODI at Dambulla where it has been mentioned as massive scoring Pitch.and suddenly Ball was not coming on the bat nicely.

Anyway It would have been good,If India has batted first IMO.

Good series win for India.
I was completely beaten with My predictions,Honestly.
Z Khan was pick of the Bowler.Dhoni has played marvelous knocks and India at last good with youngsters.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am sure India don't care about the match today.

66 or 68% of the runs in this series were dots balls
and only 9% of the runs were 4 and 6's.
I guest it was not a fun series. but still Well done India

nikhil_99

International Coach
A good series ended,both teams were good SL was better in bolwing dept, Ind as usual depends on their batting strength.

Congratulations India,and Dhoni for 'Khel Ratna' award.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Was a decent series for India. After facing the mystery of Mendis in the Asia Cup, I was writing them off as 3-0 losers in the Tests and 5-0 losers in the ODI series. Probably a reflection of my pessimism, but I was happily surprised by the final result.

The biggest positives to come out of this series, for me, were Virender Sehwag showing why he just cannot be dropped, and our pacers finally gathering some form. Harbhajan's successes in both forms also is a good sign. Disappointments are the continuing failures of the seniors. Something's gotta give, and I think we will have to bite the bullet on one or two of them in the coming series'.

Do the Indian players actually have a break now?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes! And the BCCI said they aren't going to fill the gap either.:eek:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
We have seen that in 2nd ODI at Dambulla where it has been mentioned as massive scoring Pitch.and suddenly Ball was not coming on the bat nicely.
Whoever said Dambulla is a massive scoring must have been mistaken. Statistically speaking it's one of the most low scoring grounds in the world. The par score is usually only 200, but half the time the team batting first gets bowled out cheaper than that.

However, statistics show that chasing at Premadasa is twice as difficult as batting first. Again the par score is not all that high, but the team batting first is far more likely to reach it. Although it can be a 300 pitch, 220-250 still favours the defending side. Winning 2 out of 3 tosses at Premadasa was very helpful to India. I do think a full strength side would have been much harder for Sri Lanka to compete with, but this series was extremely close.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well The reason Why did I not want to blame the Dhoni for the toss because He has played some useful knocks in the series.
I was never sure that India would win this series so comfortably(at least not before the 5th ODI).

India has won the series and
1.Gambhi did not play even a single knock according to his capabilities.
2.Sehwag was injured and He has been a firing Weapon for India in ODIs.
3. Sachin was not playing and with Sehwag's injury,India was playing with only one standard opener.
4.I have seen after a long time where our bowlers won a series for us in ODIs.

and I think I am quite happy with the team as We were not there with our full strength.
Z Khan has proved again that you keep learning things in cricket despite of your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread