Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka June-August 2015

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
First of all, you were the first to talk about terrorism in this thread.
Secondly, i don't care about what Rehan or Sami said.What i'm saying is that you didn't need to talk about that stuff to prove your point.You could've just posted a link to Sachin's records.
Cheers.

No, the guy was trying to dramatize the whole 'not having played at home for 6 years' crap. It's for a reason. And like I said, I'm very very strong on that with my preference but as I've constantly re-iterated that I'm not even sure of my own preference being right thereby I don't have an opinion on it.

I wasn't trying to prove any point about an individual or a nation, I was trying to prove that he was seriously trolling. His only agenda was to make Pakistan look like a rising force with a slight hint of how they had perhaps been wronged. I'm not here to put Pakistan down. In fact, I love a lot about the Pakistan way. And I don't see the harm in talking about the attack that happened on the Sri Lanka bus. Why is it such a taboo subject? When people try to shy away from all this, it reinforces the decision that was taken to not play cricket in Pakistan.

Cheers!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Shahid Afridi is not a legend. Brian Vitori took 2 5 fers in a row and is he a legend? No. Same with Gillespie he has the highest no3 average for Aus (as mentioned above) but Australians dont run around calling him the King of batting. Afridi is nothing more then an average cricketer who hit a couple big sixes and now is praised by Pakistanis. Please dont call him a legend, its an embarrasment to all other legends...

He was a tremendous T20 cricketer. Almost a certain fixture in most sides. A very useful ODI cricketer. But, he never threatened with both bat and ball at the same time consistently. He'll be remembered as a tremendous entertainer and a valuable fixture in LO cricket. Nothing more, personally.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shahid Afridi is not a legend. Brian Vitori took 2 5 fers in a row and is he a legend? No. Same with Gillespie he has the highest no3 average for Aus (as mentioned above) but Australians dont run around calling him the King of batting. Afridi is nothing more then an average cricketer who hit a couple big sixes and now is praised by Pakistanis. Please dont call him a legend, its an embarrasment to all other legends...

I second that, He may have let us down many times.But,he doesn't deserve to be trolled.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I second that, He may have let us down many times.But,he doesn't deserve to be trolled.

I don't think he ever let Pakistan down. It's not possible for a sportsperson to always perform. As long as you play fair, hard and give it your best, it's fine.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Imagine that the thread is about Pakistan vs Sri-lanka. Pakistan has completely outplayed Sri-lanka in all departments both in Test and One Day Matches So far, We won the series, Made individual and combined Records and Indian fans seem not to digest this. Well, wait folks, More is coming Insha'ALLAH :)

The problem with Indian fans is that they over-hype their players way too much. I genuinely feel that Rahul Dravid was far too over-hyped then he actually had the capabilities. Muhammad Yusuf and Younis Khan comes exactly in line with his caliber but India has the advantage of mainstream media, money and too much self-promotions. Instead of suggesting me to visit google, Check out the Match Winning Centuries Record in comparison with Inzamam-Ul-Haq. Tendulkar was categorically behind him.

You can't say my opinion as garbage, Garbage is actually what you have brought in the political tensions and etc.

Indians have worst record outside home as well. Despite playing tonnes of IPL, Playing matches in homegrounds. They are mouses outside. However they do perform extremely well in their home conditions only.

Anyhow folks, Celebrate the series win and wait for T-20 series where the superstar and legend Shahid Afridi is coming back :)

PS: I can remember how indian crowd had nightmares when Afridi used to enter in their grounds with a bat in his hands. The guys here are completely biased about Afridi. That is actually understandable for obvious reasons. They are sounding like they win every match with their self-made legendary players and they have won each and every World Cup. They should better check out Head-to-Head Records with Pakistan and Australia and how brutally Indian team has been thrashed by oppositions so many times outside their home conditions.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
SHAHID AFRIDI IS NOT A LEGEND.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
200_s.gif

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The problem with Indian fans is that they over-hype their players way too much. I genuinely feel that Rahul Dravid was far too over-hyped then he actually had the capabilities. Muhammad Yusuf and Younis Khan comes exactly in line with his caliber but India has the advantage of mainstream media, money and too much self-promotions.

Okay. You'll catch a lot of eyes here with this statement.

Number one, saying that RD was far too over-hyped is noobish. RD's career started and finished while Tendulkar was still playing. Then there were cricketers like Sehwag and Ganguly, guys who created more hype than Dravid who played along side them for a major part of his career.

Secondly, which is obviously a personal opinion just like yours, Dravid is India's best ever test match batsman. I do credit Yousuf highly but in no way any of Inzamam, Yousuf, Younis or any other Indian batsman is in line with Dravid's caliber. Digging out some stats would help you better. :)

Pakistan has completely outplayed Sri-lanka in all departments both in Test and One Day Matches So far, We won the series, Made individual and combined Records and Indian fans seem not to digest this.

Now see I was really annoyed by that post of @kushal717, but you've actually dramatized the whole of this situation. As an Indian fan I personally wanted Pakistan to qualify and it would have been a shame if they hadn't especially when the second contender was West Indies. You see nobody here wanted Pak to not do well. All of us want some great fight as neutrals and the team which is better wins at the end of the day. Captain Obvious right?

Talking about Afridi who has been a valuable asset to your side and I see no harm in Pakistani's calling him a legend. He's not a legend for us but quite obviously is for them.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'm obviously not going to reply to something that is an attempt to simply instigate and not actually discuss cricket.

@vaibhav - Exactly, what annoyed you?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Rehan_24 all you seem to ever post are very long boring posts about how terrible indian cricket fans are; can you please stop doing that all the bloody time and actually talk about cricket, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread