Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka June-August 2015

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
ICC latest test rankings says it all. When you perform you gets up then such arguments don't really matter, Performance is performance.

PS: Virtually every test team performs better in home conditions than outside :)[DOUBLEPOST=1436425696][/DOUBLEPOST]

lol... Not at all dear, When record speaks hearts don't break, You know very well, You had a legend who had records as well though He wasn't a match winner, So relax ;)

Just because you don't have the content to respond in a debate, doesn't mean you just toss up any garbage on a public forum and expect people to eat all of it.

I assume that you were talking about SR Tendulkar with that line in the end. Why don't you do something? Take a day off and since you can access the internet, why don't you spend a day on google? There's a plethora of Tendulkar hundreds that you'll see on youtube and if you can't one of us can email it to you.

Secondly, I read somewhere you called Younis Khan a 'legend.?' Well, your version of a 'legend' has scored 30 hundreds out of which 1 was outside the sub continent. He himself talks a big game, but he has NEVER scored a hundred in Australia, South Africa or England. Why? It's simply because your version of a legend is a one trick pony that can surely bat on flat placid tracks but not on pitches where there is bounce, swing and zip. Our mediocre non match winner on the other hand has a test hundred against every nation, in every nation, has a WC medal, a test series win in England, a series drawn in Australia and test wins in SA and NZ. I don't want to mention or compare ODI records because I don't want to humiliate you.

Thirdly, everything being said about Pakistan is right. They don't have the team right now to win abroad. They have the best bowling line up among sub-continent teams, but your batsmen are a bit like the India bowlers- Tigers at home, rabbits abroad.

It doesn't matter whether one trusts the ranking system or not, don't bring up your opinions and designate them as facts to prove your point because someone will pull your pants down.

Pakistan are playing excellent cricket at the moment and I really hope they rise. They can win ODI's abroad, but they're not prepared to win tests abroad, just like India.

Lastly, you were saying something about team spirit and feeling sympathy for not having played at home?

Here is your legends team spirit-
Younis Khan hints at discord in team, pushes for ODI inclusion | The Indian Express

And Pakistan are lucky to have any sort of cricket being played in Pakistan again after what happened. It's not the fault of the Pakistan cricket team or it's fans but do they deserve the suffering? I don't know. All I know is Sri Lanka were in Pakistan to play cricket and they were shot at. It's unheard of.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
How on earth can you comment on somebody's opinion about a cricketer by ending it up with the difficult situation in his country?

You would have made your point by just stating some numbers.

PokerAce

Banned
I don't know about the political aspects of the thing that this discussion seem to have gone into.

However the only thing I will say about the SRT and not winning matches thing is that, during his run in the side, India played Pakistan 5 times in world cup, the biggest stage in the world ('92, '96, '99, '03 and '11), winning all 5 matches, and Sachin Tendulkar was the man of the match in 3 out of 5 of those matches.

If despite this stat some Pakistani fans want to moan about how Sachin didn't know how to win matches, what can one do abt it. Let them rant, who cares.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess legend's definition has changed these days so i will just nominate "Shahid Afridi". :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watch out people, We are rising again to Rule the World
For Pakistan to "rule the world" they would first have to win a few series outside of their comfort zone (subcontinent).

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
that pretty much sums up your nature

What? That I don't have an opinion on it? If Australia came to India tomorrow and their players were shot at, and I'm told that the world will be safer if cricket is banned in India, then I'm going for the latter. Loss of life is the saddest thing that can happen. To lose someone through such actions, an even bigger waste. If you're saying that a million people not being able to watch cricket in their own country because of the actions of select few people is not right then I understand that point of view also. However, I don't have an opinion on such a thing as to what is the rightful thing. I only have my preference. Sure, you can be judgemental about it and I can't care less what you think of me.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What? That I don't have an opinion on it? If Australia came to India tomorrow and their players were shot at, and I'm told that the world will be safer if cricket is banned in India, then I'm going for the latter. Loss of life is the saddest thing that can happen. To lose someone through such actions, an even bigger waste. If you're saying that a million people not being able to watch cricket in their own country because of the actions of select few people is not right then I understand that point of view also. However, I don't have an opinion on such a thing as to what is the rightful thing. I only have my preference. Sure, you can be judgemental about it and I can't care less what you think of me.
so if someone says that in their opinion sachin was not a match winner you start talking about the political tensions in their country? does that make any sense?

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
We won the series and won it fair and square. We beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.Now we're pretty much likely to be participating in the champions trophy :cheers. Mark my words... Azhar's team will achieve a lot in the Champions trophy. We'll reply on the pitch very soon .Our bowlers must be legends as they've taken 5 wicket hauls on flat tracks..

Last edited:

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
And before bringing up Afridi again just remember he's the only player in the history of ODI cricket to score a 50 and take a 5-wicket haul twice. And if anyone still thinks that this fact isn't enough to prove that he's a legend, then I can't help. In fact no one can... and I seriously don't wanna argue about the history.

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
so if someone says that in their opinion sachin was not a match winner you start talking about the political tensions in their country? does that make any sense?

I see I hit a nerve. First of all, your countryman was the one who was making this whole situation out to be a big drama. Not me. Secondly, I wasn't wanting to create any sort of stir about 'political tensions' on the board. It's not my nature. What I do find quite remarkable is that one chap was making it out to be some sort of highway robbery that Pakistan had not played at home for x number of years. Well, I just pointed out the reason for that. And, if issues aren't to be spoken about, why bother posting here at all?

His comment about SRT? Just to let you know, I'm a massive critic of the man. I don't like a lot of things about him. Is he a national hero? Did he revolutionize cricket? Did he give India hope when the country was down? Absolutely yes! His achievements don't just finish on the field. You look at the number of young Indians that want to bring glory to the country just following his example. THAT is his true legacy. His jibe, as he later admitted was a dig, an attempt to rile up the board members here. I'm just giving him a reality check.

It's like me saying, Pakistan shouldn't be allowed to be a full member of the ICC. They belong with the likes of Bermuda and co. Does it not sound like trolling? An attempt to stir the porridge amongst the Pakistani fans? That's exactly what he was trying to do. And if you're so sensitive about it, and you want to defend him for no apparent reason then that's not my problem. You can ignore me and vice-versa.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
And before bringing up Afridi again just remember he's the only player in the history of ODI cricket to score a 50 and take a 5-wicket haul twice. And if anyone still thinks that this fact isn't enough to prove that he's a legend, then I can't help. In fact no one can... and I seriously don't wanna argue about the history.

Jason Gillespie has the highest batting average at no.3 for Australia. Even better than Sir Donald Bradman. It's enough to prove that he's a legend, as a batsman alone. Just saying. :lol

On a serious note, 'legend' is a very 'variant' term. Depends what your scales are. For me, Wasim Akram is a true legend, but people in India go nuts about Zaheer Khan and call him a legend. Don't think so. For me, Rahul Dravid is a true legend, but there is this rumor about Younis Khan and legend from Pakistan that I'm not sure about.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
We won the series and won it fair and square. We beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.Now we're pretty much likely to be participating in the champions trophy :cheers. Mark my words... Azhar's team will achieve a lot in the Champions trophy. We'll reply on the pitch very soon .Our bowlers must be legends as they've taken 5 wicket hauls on flat tracks..

It'll be ridiculous if Pakistan don't play the CT. WI deserve to miss. Pakistan will do well in England if their batting clicks. Your current lot of bowlers aren't legends but they have enormous potential to become legends. Junaid Khan and in particular Wahab Riaz. If India had 30% of the bowling talent in Pakistan, India would be unbeatable.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I see I hit a nerve. First of all, your countryman was the one who was making this whole situation out to be a big drama. Not me. Secondly, I wasn't wanting to create any sort of stir about 'political tensions' on the board. It's not my nature. What I do find quite remarkable is that one chap was making it out to be some sort of highway robbery that Pakistan had not played at home for x number of years. Well, I just pointed out the reason for that. And, if issues aren't to be spoken about, why bother posting here at all?

His comment about SRT? Just to let you know, I'm a massive critic of the man. I don't like a lot of things about him. Is he a national hero? Did he revolutionize cricket? Did he give India hope when the country was down? Absolutely yes! His achievements don't just finish on the field. You look at the number of young Indians that want to bring glory to the country just following his example. THAT is his true legacy. His jibe, as he later admitted was a dig, an attempt to rile up the board members here. I'm just giving him a reality check.

It's like me saying, Pakistan shouldn't be allowed to be a full member of the ICC. They belong with the likes of Bermuda and co. Does it not sound like trolling? An attempt to stir the porridge amongst the Pakistani fans? That's exactly what he was trying to do. And if you're so sensitive about it, and you want to defend him for no apparent reason then that's not my problem. You can ignore me and vice-versa.
First of all, you were the first to talk about terrorism in this thread.
Secondly, i don't care about what Rehan or Sami said.What i'm saying is that you didn't need to talk about that stuff to prove your point.You could've just posted a link to Sachin's records.
Cheers.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Shahid Afridi is not a legend. Brian Vitori took 2 5 fers in a row and is he a legend? No. Same with Gillespie he has the highest no3 average for Aus (as mentioned above) but Australians dont run around calling him the King of batting. Afridi is nothing more then an average cricketer who hit a couple big sixes and now is praised by Pakistanis. Please dont call him a legend, its an embarrasment to all other legends...

Users who are viewing this thread