Don Bradman Cricket 17 Releasing December 2016 on PS4, Xbox One and PC

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Same here, if I have to play this game I am seeing this game costing me atleast $1100 assuming the game costs me 100 dollars and I am getting a 960M 4GB Nvidea with 1 TB, i7 processor & 16 GB ram for $979 from Lenevo
Why not go for a console if your only priority is to play DBC 17, preferably PS4? 350$ in the U.S

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Instead of forking out a king's ransom on upgrading the PC or getting a new one, why not go for a console? It's way cheaper and you don't really need to worry about whether it will be good enough to run the next iteration of the game or other games in the future. I'm assuming the upgrade or the new PC is only required for playing games and is good enough for meeting other requirements.

Edit: Looks like @Villain was just beat me to it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would also suggest if looking to save cost and go second hand with proccy with 3rd or fourth gen , go for xeon e3-1230 + chips they are equivalent to i7 but available dirt cheap on ebay! plus 1070 looks to be the new value card, but some one looking at cutting cost can look into the new amd r9 480x launching in jun 29 for 200$ which is pretty good and Vr ready, and looks to be able to handle anything thrown at it! came to know this yesterday via @funnyadit, im looking to may be upgrade my 7790 for this!

Need to look around. I don't want to overpay of course but for me the main priority is being well above required specs so I can game cap at the same time. The world must England's Worst XI in action!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Instead of forking out a king's ransom on upgrading the PC or getting a new one, why not go for a console? It's way cheaper and you don't really need to worry about whether it will be good enough to run the next iteration of the game or other games in the future. I'm assuming the upgrade or the new PC is only required for playing games and is good enough for meeting other requirements.

Edit: Looks like @Villain was just beat me to it.

For me personally it's because I generally play when my Mrs is in the room watching TV so a console isn't viable

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why not go for a console if your only priority is to play DBC 17, preferably PS4? 350$ in the U.S

I am not a fan of console buying. Plus being a developer the laptop i buy wont only be for gaming purposes. Its just that time when DBC17 is coming and I think I will now upgrade my PC.

EDIT - Not fan of console buying is because if I invest $350 for PS4 just for playing games I would rather inverst $350 more and earn money by developing something while playing

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
For me personally it's because I generally play when my Mrs is in the room watching TV so a console isn't viable

IMO getting a second monitor/cheap TV or Playstation TV would be a cheaper option. I use a similar setup.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am not a fan of console buying. Plus being a developer the laptop i buy wont only be for gaming purposes. Its just that time when DBC17 is coming and I think I will now upgrade my PC.

EDIT - Not fan of console buying is because if I invest $350 for PS4 just for playing games I would rather inverst $350 more and earn money by developing something while playing
Same here I want something that will play the shit out of the game but also I do developing and other stuff on it too

D

Dutch

[
So @Dutch according to you (and just assumptions as no specs are out) and as Casey Powell 16 requires GTX 650, buying a GTX960 4gb a good option?
i am not an expert but i would imagine that thats more than enough: i ran the game very well on my laptop with 660m card

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Same here I want something that will play the shit out of the game but also I do developing and other stuff on it too
@blockerdave , I've always found building my own PC the best option. Though not necessarily cheap you can make you own decisions on what components you buy, where you will spend a little more (graphics cards), where you will spend a little less, and what you can salvage from old rigs etc. My favourite place for picking up all the components, if you're in the UK, is Scan.co.uk...I've always found them very helpful...and the website is great for trying to size various options.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

If you have to upgrade wait for a month or two as both Nvidea and AMD have announced new generation of graphics card. They are major upgrades

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you have to upgrade wait for a month or two as both Nvidea and AMD have announced new generation of graphics card. They are major upgrades

Thanks. To be honest I'll be buying much closer to or even post release.

@Plotinus building or at least a custom build is definitely a route I've considered I will check that site out thanks

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, a 3.2 GHz Intel i5 (2nd gen), 2 GB Nvidia Gforce 750 Ti card and 16GB Ram will be good enough? It currently runs WWE 2k16 flawlessly.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Well, a 3.2 GHz Intel i5 (2nd gen), 2 GB Nvidia Gforce 750 Ti card and 16GB Ram will be good enough? It currently runs WWE 2k16 flawlessly.
More than enough IMO..

Users who are viewing this thread