Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Should YK be made captain?
For how long he will be playing?
As of now, he is a good choice I suppose.

PCB have to work out on their plans. We need to build players and captain now.

I watched "Game On Hai" show in which Shoaib Akhter said a very important thing.
"Before 2000s there were characters, and after 2000s there are players"

We need characters, pakistan need characters, young players need, characters, role model. I think Shoaib said a really important thing.
Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Javed Miandad, Hanif Mohammed, Zaheer Abbas, Waqar Younis, Inzamam, Saeed Anwer, etc.. They were all characters.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
For how long he will be playing?
As of now, he is a good choice I suppose.
We have 2-3 easy series next up. He can continue for 2 years. In the mean time a new captain could be groomed.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In the mean time a new captain could be groomed.
Like we groomed a new captain, when Misbah was captaining?
Pakistan Cricket will be going down if bad people in the back of PCB are alive.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Like we groomed a new captain, when Misbah was captaining?
Pakistan Cricket will be going down if bad people in the back of PCB are alive.
We have Azhar Ali. But his captaincy style is the problem.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The reason for our fast bowlers not being good is that our domestic circuit is not good enough. Ramiz Raja under Tauqeer Zia with unlimited powers (which come with dictatorship) changed the nature of pitches of domestic cricket.

When the wickets were flattish in the 70s, 80s and 90s we produced bowlers who can run through teams with reverse swing or extreme pace or spinners who had 3 types of googlies or doosras. Why did this happen? Because they couldn't get wickets with just bowling seam ups. They had to find different ways.

When wickets are green we have produced medium pacers who try to hit a length and the ball/pitch does the rest for them. When in international cricket this doesn't happen they struggle. From Wasim and Waqar we are down to Ehsan Adil and Imran Khan.

Similarly for batsmen, we had stroke players in plenty. Now we can have batsmen who look to survive long periods, play few shots, and wait for ball to get old, pitch to dry, spinners to come on. Azhar Ali, Sami Aslam, Imam ul Haq, Fawad Alam, to a degree Asad Shafiq.

If Pakistan wants to play Test cricket like the 90s we have to go back (to a certain degree) to the system that produced such unique talent.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I think Younis is the right for choice for the test captaincy and meanwhile Sarfraz can be groomed with him in two years time. The problem is many ex-players are ready to write Younis off early. I think atleast an year cricket is left with him.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think Younis is the right for choice for the test captaincy and meanwhile Sarfraz can be groomed with him in two years time. The problem is many ex-players are ready to write Younis off early. I think atleast an year cricket is left with him.

Sarfaraz? His keeping has been ordinary. Can he even play in the XI? This is not limited overs cricket. Azhar Ali should be made captain of tests for at least 2 years and be sacked from all limited overs cricket simultaneously. In my opinion, Sarfaraz deserves the limited overs duties and before he goes, Pakistan should make Azam VC and look at him to lead limited overs after the 2019 WC.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sarfaraz? His keeping has been ordinary. Can he even play in the XI? This is not limited overs cricket. Azhar Ali should be made captain of tests for at least 2 years and be sacked from all limited overs cricket simultaneously. In my opinion, Sarfaraz deserves the limited overs duties and before he goes, Pakistan should make Azam VC and look at him to lead limited overs after the 2019 WC.

I think he has the potential, one or two bad patches don't write him off. He looks for the future. Azhar Ali is the defensive freak in my opinion, He is not a captaincy material at all. He is a forced captain and I truly wish that he only continues as a player.. Azam for VC?.... Strange.... Sarfraz seems the likely choice to have ODI captaincy for long time.... On the other hand, I also see Imad Wasim as a good choice for a future leader.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think he has the potential, one or two bad patches don't write him off. He looks for the future. Azhar Ali is the defensive freak in my opinion, He is not a captaincy material at all. He is a forced captain and I truly wish that he only continues as a player.. Azam for VC?.... Strange.... Sarfraz seems the likely choice to have ODI captaincy for long time.... On the other hand, I also see Imad Wasim as a good choice for a future leader.
I agree. Azhar Ali is moreover a defensive captain and now cricket is mostly aggresive.

Sarfraz will be a good choice for ODIs. In tests I think Younis Khan should lead the side at least for a year and meawhile we can groom a captain in shape of Imaad Wasim, or Babar Azam, or any other play which PCB and management think will be capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread