What's the story behind dbc14/17 ashes fast bowling animation?

Wait a minute, are you saying that the animation should look different based on your input or Different bowlers should have different actions.
Or something different altogether? I'm confused.
I am saying animation shouldn't be depend on your input infact your input should be depend on the animation . Just like guitar hero where you have to time the animation.[DOUBLEPOST=1510607400][/DOUBLEPOST]
So a system where the animation does not reflect user input. And now we’ve regressed back to old cricket games. Congrats.

Yes if it's gonna look pretty and not clunky looking current animations.

Basically the the jump and release animation can be used to input the perfect jump and release output so you have to time RS flick when the bowler is just about to jump and then when he is just about to release the bowl. If your timing is not 100% the bowler will still complete his animation but the output will be based on how much your timing is off.

Excellent point you made there. Now Big Ant will certainly consider your opinion for their next game.

They may still stick to the current option. But then that’s BigAnt’s choice again.

We can only pass on our opinions and at the end decide whether to purchase the game or not.

Also, I think we should stop with our opinions on this topic as Wealey has already confirmed that Animations will not be changed once the game is on the shelves.

If you talk about the masses they will take buttery smooth multiple bowling actions any day over clunky looking user interactive bowling action with subtle variation.

If you talk about the masses they will take buttery smooth multiple bowling actions any day over clunky looking user interactive bowling action with subtle variation.

What would the masses prefer if no cricket game at all to choose from? Any criticism is welcome if constructive. Majority of this thread is just hilariously bad

I am saying animation shouldn't be depend on your input infact your input should be depend on the animation . Just like guitar hero where you have to time the animation.[DOUBLEPOST=1510607400][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes if it's gonna look pretty and not clunky looking current animations.

Then they may as well stick with EA then. If you value animations over gameplay, then stick with what works for you already

Then they may as well stick with EA then. If you value animations over gameplay, then stick with what works for you already

Yeah EA love cricket games these days.:p

PS Counting how long till this thread gets locked. 123 so on.:yes

Talk about you, I would prefer what BA have now in Ashes Cricket over fancy still repetitive buttery smooth actions. The actions in the game are already smooth. Also remember things get gradually built up, BA just got the mo-cap in 2017 if I am not wrong, yet they have implemented and gave us in Ashes, it will improve, things will get better as iterations happen. Eiffel tower was not built in one day

Well unfortunately EA does not make cricket games anymore. I think if they were to make one and use one of their current sports engines then they might actually release a good cricket game.

https://streamable.com/o6hh6

Make your own judgement, I know there are slight differences but I would have preferred more distinction[DOUBLEPOST=1510608381][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well unfortunately EA does not make cricket games anymore. I think if they were to make one and use one of their current sports engines then they might actually release a good cricket game.
If you haven't played any Big Ant games, how can you judge how good they are?

Last edited:
for a start, ea will never make another cricket game as there isn't enough money in it. Secondly, even if they did make one it would be terrible, ea like to make their games incredibly simple plus it would never get patched

That's great mate. I would love two cricket games out in the same year but it's not going to happen at the moment. Either buy this game or stay with the older games the choice is yours.

PS Try it and you could surprise yourself.:cheers

I think that thread is joke of the day ashes cricket bowling is a joke then u don’t now nothing

Of course more variation would be good. Like in any sports game you'd always like more variation.

But why are people using the Starc vs Hazlewood comparison. Their actions in real life aren't that different so why would they look particularly different in a cricket game?

Users who are viewing this thread