Cricket 19 General Discussion

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
i do hope that on legend level the al won't bowl the same delivery 4 or 5 balls an over with the same result like we have now

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I expect this time they deliver realistic names/surnames and faces based on ethnic groups among career mode generated players.
Countries like England might generate 80% white players,15% brown(South Asian) players and 5% black players.
In South Africa, 60% white, 20% coloureds, 10% black and 10% brown.
In Windies, 80% black and 20% brown(50% in T&T and Guyana regions).
In Australia, 95% white and 5% brown.
In NZ, 85% white, 10% brown and 5% Maori.
In Zimbabwe, 65% black, 33% white, 2% brown.
In South Asia, Bangladesh is homogenous(it would be great if Hindu players get Hindu name/surnames, 90% Muslim and 10% Hindu in BD), But India, Pakistan and SL should have ethnicity/religion based names/surnames.
The easiest solution would be to incorporate an in-game editor to edit appearance and identity.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I expect this time they deliver realistic names/surnames and faces based on ethnic groups among career mode generated players.
Countries like England might generate 80% white players,15% brown(South Asian) players and 5% black players.
In South Asia, Bangladesh is homogenous(it would be great if Hindu players get Hindu name/surnames, 90% Muslim and 10% Hindu in BD), But India, Pakistan and SL should have ethnicity/religion based names/surnames.
The easiest solution would be to incorporate an in-game editor to edit appearance and identity.

How can you tell a player's religion in game?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm sorry, but this is rather ridiculous. Now I feel the discussion is veering off into uncomfortable areas.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
On a more relevant note, I hope the glance down to third-man gets a better animation. I know someone had suggested earlier that holding down the defensive button and playing a shot in those regions (i.e. behind square on off and on side) should trigger the glance. I think that was a really good idea.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On a more relevant note, I hope the glance down to third-man gets a better animation. I know someone had suggested earlier that holding down the defensive button and playing a shot in those regions (i.e. behind square on off and on side) should trigger the glance. I think that was a really good idea.
Am hoping in the upcoming trailer we get to see different shots played along with screenshots of career mode pages in story mode

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Yeh look. Probably important to publicly address this to set a standard. Can we not refer to race/ethnicity/skin colour as flippantly (and inaccurately) as this moving forward?

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Having a open beta on consoles specific for online testing might be a good idea

Reactions: DAP

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’m guessing that this question has been posed with more than a hint of sarcasm but can’t resist providing the answer... three years. That’s as long as he spends 210 days in the country in each of those years.
and of course is he good enough for the England team lol....will they pick him!

Users who are viewing this thread