Cricket Leagues for Dummies (and new members)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all,

I currently run the BFFCL on the BigFooty website.

We are currently going through a rebranding phase, and trying to rebuild what used to be a really fun competition.

From doing a bit of Googling, all the resources and information leads back to this website, so I thought I'd ask here for some information and assistance.

I was wondering what the best free sims were for T20, FC, and OD games. We currently use a version of the PCCS for T20 and CricSim for our FC and OD games. Though I am not sure this these are the up to date versions. Also is there a T20 sim that works on both Mac and PC, as I'm struggling to work the PCCS sim on my Mac.

Also, after having a look through the forum and this board in particular, I've noticed that many of the competitions that are simmed are fictionalized versions of real leagues. Do you guys have any competitions that feature users as players. And in regards to these competitions, what's the best way to generate activity throughout and between seasons? How are the seasons run?

If there is any other information or update that may be useful for the BFFCL, that could be passed on, it would be much appreciated.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please delete and direct me to the correct thread for these types of questions.

Thanks,

akkaps
Planet Cricket users have been using Syedur Cricsim for Test/ODI, PCCS for ODIs, Kshitiz's Cricsim for T20s. There have been some amazing simulators from developer Kurt such as Cricket Heroes which is now under re-build phase. And he also had an online version called Digisims that generated almost accurate results if correct outputs were given to the Sim. Digisims seems to be down currently but you can get in touch with Kurt if you want to know more about it.

PlanetCricket has successfully organised many seasons of PlanetCricket Premier League (PCPL), The Planet Cricket League (TPCL). And those leagues include the real users signing up with their player details. Teams franchise are sold for vCash to the highest bidder and players go into auctions in order to be drafted to the different teams. Activity will also be the key factor for teams to perform well in the competition. Teams are given bonuses to be awarded by team management to selected players of their choice. Bonus will be given based on players activity in the match teams. We have minimum 1 post by each player in team match thread in order to get bonuses. Bonuses are nothing but additional rating points which will allow the players to perform better in the matches. This minimum post rules will bring about more activity in the competition. Also putting up some threads for banter will make the competition more fun and enjoyable. Hope this helped. :)

Check here to know about PCPL, TPCL - https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/forums/cricket-leagues-archive.284/

akkaps

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Planet Cricket users have been using Syedur Cricsim for Test/ODI, PCCS for ODIs, Kshitiz's Cricsim for T20s. There have been some amazing simulators from developer Kurt such as Cricket Heroes which is now under re-build phase. And he also had an online version called Digisims that generated almost accurate results if correct outputs were given to the Sim. Digisims seems to be down currently but you can get in touch with Kurt if you want to know more about it.
I've tried to find the most up to date links of some of these, but the download links don't seem to work. So it's hard to know which ones are the most up to date.
Do you have a thread that is a just an reference to all the Sims used?
PlanetCricket has successfully organised many seasons of PlanetCricket Premier League (PCPL), The Planet Cricket League (TPCL). And those leagues include the real users signing up with their player details. Teams franchise are sold for vCash to the highest bidder and players go into auctions in order to be drafted to the different teams. Activity will also be the key factor for teams to perform well in the competition. Teams are given bonuses to be awarded by team management to selected players of their choice. Bonus will be given based on players activity in the match teams. We have minimum 1 post by each player in team match thread in order to get bonuses. Bonuses are nothing but additional rating points which will allow the players to perform better in the matches. This minimum post rules will bring about more activity in the competition. Also putting up some threads for banter will make the competition more fun and enjoyable. Hope this helped. :)

Check here to know about PCPL, TPCL - https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/forums/cricket-leagues-archive.284/
I've had a look there and have noticed that the things are no longer up and running. What was the main cause for the downfall?
We try to make the running of the competition as simple as possible, and due to us not having anything like vCash as seen here it's not a factor that we need to take into account. If we were to add a cash system, it would run more like a DreamTeam or SuperCoach game, rather than a cricket league; and we have players sign up mid-season which makes the drafts a little difficult to work with. We also don't take into account players activity into ratings as this promotes quite a bit of spam and off-topic content just for the sake of it. It's not something we would consider. The main portion of our threads is focused on the banter, and that works well enough to drive a little bit of content to the board.

Also, are there other sports that PlanetCricket run or have run this format?

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I've tried to find the most up to date links of some of these, but the download links don't seem to work. So it's hard to know which ones are the most up to date.
Do you have a thread that is a just an reference to all the Sims used?

I've had a look there and have noticed that the things are no longer up and running. What was the main cause for the downfall?
We try to make the running of the competition as simple as possible, and due to us not having anything like vCash as seen here it's not a factor that we need to take into account. If we were to add a cash system, it would run more like a DreamTeam or SuperCoach game, rather than a cricket league; and we have players sign up mid-season which makes the drafts a little difficult to work with. We also don't take into account players activity into ratings as this promotes quite a bit of spam and off-topic content just for the sake of it. It's not something we would consider. The main portion of our threads is focused on the banter, and that works well enough to drive a little bit of content to the board.

Also, are there other sports that PlanetCricket run or have run this format?
Those leagues are no longer active because competition is over and it will only run in accordance with the PCPL and TPCL management. We have successfully completed 6 seasons of PCPL and 1 season of TPCL. Each season run for about 4-6 months. These 6 months involve pre-season preparation by management, followed by formal announcement, player auction, match simulation, mid season break for new signups, and end with awards ceremony.

The activity rule we have for our leagues is purely related to leagues only. Meaning, anything which members post must be related to the league, their team, match performances etc.. Anything other than that will be taken care of by the PlanetCricket Staff. And I've been the part of this leagues for 5 years now. And have not seen anything irrelevant to league. Once the league announcement is up and players are drafted to teams, they somehow become passionate towards the league and want their team to win. This is the main factor that avoids off-topic and spam posts to an extent.

I personally haven't seen any other sports that is organized by PlanetCricket as an official league. But I've seen members running such leagues with their own creativity.

I'll try to provide you the links to the simulators which you haven't found yet. Just let me know which are they. :)

akkaps

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Those leagues are no longer active because competition is over and it will only run in accordance with the PCPL and TPCL management. We have successfully completed 6 seasons of PCPL and 1 season of TPCL. Each season run for about 4-6 months. These 6 months involve pre-season preparation by management, followed by formal announcement, player auction, match simulation, mid season break for new signups, and end with awards ceremony.

The activity rule we have for our leagues is purely related to leagues only. Meaning, anything which members post must be related to the league, their team, match performances etc.. Anything other than that will be taken care of by the PlanetCricket Staff. And I've been the part of this leagues for 5 years now. And have not seen anything irrelevant to league. Once the league announcement is up and players are drafted to teams, they somehow become passionate towards the league and want their team to win. This is the main factor that avoids off-topic and spam posts to an extent.

I personally haven't seen any other sports that is organized by PlanetCricket as an official league. But I've seen members running such leagues with their own creativity.

I'll try to provide you the links to the simulators which you haven't found yet. Just let me know which are they. :)
Our Australian Rules game runs in 6 month cycles, playing two season per year. It's working like clockwork now.

Off-topic can refer to anything not related to the league, even discussing real life topics. And some of the younger players tend to triple or quadruple post. We don't have an approval point for any of our posts, as it keeps the threads free flowing, but we can report posts if they go too far.

In terms of the other "leagues with their own creativity", I'd be interest in possibly a soccer variation. Something that I'd be able to put user names into and generate results.

As for the cricket based sims, what are the up to date sims? And which ones also work for MacOS?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Our Australian Rules game runs in 6 month cycles, playing two season per year. It's working like clockwork now.

Off-topic can refer to anything not related to the league, even discussing real life topics. And some of the younger players tend to triple or quadruple post. We don't have an approval point for any of our posts, as it keeps the threads free flowing, but we can report posts if they go too far.

In terms of the other "leagues with their own creativity", I'd be interest in possibly a soccer variation. Something that I'd be able to put user names into and generate results.

As for the cricket based sims, what are the up to date sims? And which ones also work for MacOS?
I don't know about MacOS but the most updated and latest simulator is the Cricket Heroes. As I already said, you can also contact the developer here on PlanetCricket in case you face any issue with the game.

And Digisims was an excellent online simulator with LIVE COMMENTARY. And also it produces accurate results. Sad that the website is no more active. But I've seen Kurt helping out a member to put up the codes on the server for certain price. Maybe you can get in touch with him and you can also get the codes up on the server and use it? We have used Digisims for one season. People really liked the online live commentary feature and accurate results produced by the Sim.

Another option would be SimKit by @asprin. This simulator was also promising. Don't know what happened but the development is currently on hold and there is no progress of it since a year.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Another option would be SimKit by @asprin. This simulator was also promising. Don't know what happened but the development is currently on hold and there is no progress of it since a year.
Yeh, unfortunately it's been put on the back burner as I'm involved in something else development wise. It's still live though if anyone wanna use it.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Yeh, unfortunately it's been put on the back burner as I'm involved in something else development wise. It's still live though if anyone wanna use it.
Not working for me. :(

akkaps

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I don't know about MacOS but the most updated and latest simulator is the Cricket Heroes. As I already said, you can also contact the developer here on PlanetCricket in case you face any issue with the game.

And Digisims was an excellent online simulator with LIVE COMMENTARY. And also it produces accurate results. Sad that the website is no more active. But I've seen Kurt helping out a member to put up the codes on the server for certain price. Maybe you can get in touch with him and you can also get the codes up on the server and use it? We have used Digisims for one season. People really liked the online live commentary feature and accurate results produced by the Sim.

I will give Cricket Heroes a go. And SimKit once it’s backup.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread