ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Oh fearsome tweak off Wahab[DOUBLEPOST=1559583436][/DOUBLEPOST]Asif too

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Wow that was one poor inning by Moeen Ali. He didn't time the ball at all in that inning.

Haha wow that was some delivery by Wahab. They have lost their last 11 matches and then they come back to win one of the most important game against number 1 side in the world. You can't even imagine something like this.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Genius over from Wahab IMO, was unfortunate with the ball that went for six given that he was trying for a yorker, but has been spot on with all of his other deliveries.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
England are still not out of this. I have seen these two also give it a tonk.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
England might boast a strong batting lineup on paper, but their lower order cannot be relied upon to deliver the late flourish. Moeen Ali or Woakes are not big hitters by any means. Think England are a bit overrated as far as their batting lineup is concerned.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This really is going to be one heck of a World Cup! What a match this, hats of to Pakistan. What a performance, incredible! They have shown England are not unbeatable. I just fear for India a bit more. I seriously feel we play too old school ODI cricket which can't win you many games in a tournament like this. Hopefully I am wrong!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well done Pakistan, only Pakistan can lose against a team like West Indies but beat the tournament favorites like England.
Still need to work a bit on their Fieldings but overall good come back.

C Boomer

Club Captain
:cheers Write off a Pakistan side at your peril, the Lion will roar especially when cornered, anyone remember 1992?

Bevab

Staff Member
England might boast a strong batting lineup on paper, but their lower order cannot be relied upon to deliver the late flourish. Moeen Ali or Woakes are not big hitters by any means. Think England are a bit overrated as far as their batting lineup is concerned.

That’s quite a bit of a kneejerk reaction there mate. Ali was hitting the ball sweetly only a few weeks ago on Indian pitches and Woakes did score his 21 runs off just 14 deliveries. Agree that Ali should have been better today, but I don’t see any other team even having two equally good players at 7 and 8, not to mention the likes of Rashid and Archer who can all bat decently too.

Wood impressed me a lot today, he seems to have really kicked on over the last few months. Him and Archer could both be extremely crucial in the Ashes with that pace.

As for Pakistan, that loss versus the Windies and critical comments from nearly everyone seems to have fired up their side a lot. Saw a lot of intensity in their players that was notably lacking over the last few months, the likes of Hasan Ali and Riaz were bowling with venom out there and Sarfraz was trying his best to slog and score by any means today in comparison to the ODI series where he just seemed content with rotating the strike gleefully. England couldn’t really match that intensity which proved to be the differentiating factor today.

The last two games were really good and if such things continue, we’re really in for a great World Cup! :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread