User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
I don’t like to complain as I think the game is brilliant, but having only ever really had a maximum of 3 wide bouncers a game I had a 67.7mph short ball go for one. This is incredibly unrealistic and could make all the difference in a T20. Is there any way to stop this?
(I am playing on a soft pitch)

D

Dutch

Is this wides problem since the latest build as I am
Just not coming across it to this extent. Not saying it isnt there just trying to help narrow it down so we can help get it fixed....,[DOUBLEPOST=1565259499][/DOUBLEPOST]I get the pissed off bit but we need science not emotion to get things done.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is this wides problem since the latest build as I am
Just not coming across it to this extent. Not saying it isnt there just trying to help narrow it down so we can help get it fixed....,[DOUBLEPOST=1565259499][/DOUBLEPOST]I get the pissed off bit but we need science not emotion to get things done.

Well, I assumed it was the build, since I hadn’t been experiencing it to this extent for some time.

BUT - I know before that the situation was worse with aggressive/brute bowlers and I had as far as possible avoided these types of bowlers.

Looking at the squad list, I realise actually I had 3 out of 4 as “aggressive” and 1 as balanced. Though they were all culprits, the aggressive were certainly worst. (Sigh, another competition restart in order.)

There are multiple parts to this problem however.

1) The AI is capable of bowling “ultra short” so short it doesn’t even hit the “short” area on the pitch map. These cause the vast majority of the wides.
2) The wicket keeper runs forward under the ball. This is just nonsensical.
3) There is obviously an issue with ball and pitch bounce, whereby even on a medium pitch with both reduced (35 currently) it’s still bouncing wildly
4) Even with “test match wides” the umpires are harsh on anything leg side.
5) If you have a big partnership, the AI has no other plan but to bounce. Case in point, I didn’t have this problem as I slumped to 46/4 off 29 overs at lunch. In the afternoon session I didn’t lose a wicket, and the problem arose and began to grow. The evening session I still didn’t lose a wicket, and it became borderline unplayable. Even when they weren’t ultra-short wides, roughly 4 balls in every over was a bouncer.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hi,

is anyone having issues with Cricket Academy for Team uniforms on consoles? screen not appearing correctly on my Xbox.
Refer the screenshot below. I m unable add or edit any logos because of this issue.
View attachment 225628
Nearly same is happening with me. I am unable to change whether team name should be written on kits or not. Its probably because logos are made on PC and we are trying to edit them on console.

D

Dutch

Well, I assumed it was the build, since I hadn’t been experiencing it to this extent for some time.

BUT - I know before that the situation was worse with aggressive/brute bowlers and I had as far as possible avoided these types of bowlers.

Looking at the squad list, I realise actually I had 3 out of 4 as “aggressive” and 1 as balanced. Though they were all culprits, the aggressive were certainly worst. (Sigh, another competition restart in order.)

1) The AI is capable of bowling “ultra short” so short it doesn’t even hit the “short” area on the pitch map. These cause the vast majority of the wides.
3) There is obviously an issue with ball and pitch bounce, whereby even on a medium pitch with both reduced (35 currently) it’s still bouncing wildly
5) If you have a big partnership, the AI has no other plan but to bounce. Case in point, I didn’t have this problem as I slumped to 46/4 off 29 overs at lunch. In the afternoon session I didn’t lose a wicket, and the problem arose and began to grow. The evening session I still didn’t lose a wicket, and it became borderline unplayable. Even when they weren’t ultra-short wides, roughly 4 balls in every over was a bouncer.
What is your build number Dave? I take it you are on PS4 iirc. In the credits mine ends on .1097

zerosun9

Club Cricketer
Everytime a bowler comes on with the default Siddle/Woakes action I gag a bit. All the other actions looks good but this one just looks incredibly unrealistic. I think it has to do with the head position, the head stays bolt upright the whole time, where as all other actions have a whip of the head. Looks freaky to me.

Really think Style 1 should be removed from the game entirely, it looks like an old DBC action. Style 3 or 6 should be the default action, they look great.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Ah I forgot to check the bowler types before I started again. Thankfully I've not started a match yet...

MrSquiggle

School Cricketer
I'm over the extras/wides from the AI short pitched bowling. It's not borderline ridiculous, it is ridiculous. Absolutely ruins the game for me. Can't see myself picking this up and playing it again until I hear that has been fixed. It makes it unplayable.[DOUBLEPOST=1565267816][/DOUBLEPOST]The worst part is it was just as bad on the previous version. So another thing that just keeps being avoided.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
from restarting today it's clear to me that changes to the bounce sliders i was making yesterday did not take effect for the in-progress game, but only when starting a new game.

Users who are viewing this thread