Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I don’t know - I think the custom physics have taken effect - it could just be the mentality but I don’t think so. They are bowling bouncers still though less frequently but the bounce just doesn’t seem as high in general

Have you built a partnership or are you your usual 9-4 though? :lol

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I would also like to hear from anyone if there is a way to do this ?

Plenty of people have brought this up , the Leg Side Shot just doesnt have a Follow through, meaning its the Normal Glance animation , BUT then the ball flies over the Mid Wicket Boundary for a 136m SIX !
Leg side animations are limited in this game... They hv to add few more animations.

D

Deleted member 193590

Calm down guys the game stable at least guys it not broken by any means yes there some issues but hopefully that can get addressed and fixed from here it gone from the best cricket game to the worse hahaha calm your farm I am sure big ant are doing there best and the beta team.

Your right it's not broken,but these problems just niggle away at you like an itch up the arse.
Really hope the bouncer flying over the wicket keepers head,gets fixed.would also like to see fielders throwing the ball in a lot faster,I have still yet to see a run out.And there's far too few outfield catches,not really a problem in tests,but in limited overs cricket it's probablyThe most common cause for batsmen getting out.But it either goes for 6 or miraculously drops out of the air just in front of the fielder.If big ant fixed these my itch would be abated.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Game is good now and i hope they look into these issues earliest. @MattW

- Fix keeper movements... Easily giving byes for bouncers n taking super human catches for spinners. Also keeper movements even when batsmen hit the ball.
- New Leg side animations needs to be added
- reduce edge force
- Ball not getting old issue.
- Field placement issues in death overs n when required run rate is too high. Also no close fielders in situations like 2 needed in 2 balls
- AI bowling line issue. Left arm bowlers for right handers n vice versa bowls most of the deliveries on legside which is causing easy runs while human batting.
- No variety of edges while human batting. Most of them get caught by keeper. It will be good if good amount of them goes to slip areas. Ashes cricket is better in this area.
- while human batting its easy to play shots on legside against fast bowlers... Because of this lbw's are very less while human batting. As lbw is one of the most common dissmisal, It will be good if we get more chances of ball hitting the pad for mistimed shots
- Host nation issue for tournaments.. May be give options to choose 5-15 grounds during tournament creation n give checkbox to randomly select stadiums to matches by system. If unchecked, user has to select the grounds for matches.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Calm down guys the game stable at least guys it not broken by any means yes there some issues but hopefully that can get addressed and fixed from here it gone from the best cricket game to the worse hahaha calm your farm I am sure big ant are doing there best and the beta team.
It’s a genuine discussion about the game, chill out and provide something of substance pls

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yep. Plus 14 byes which could have probably been at least 20 but I didn’t bother running for several
I had the problem with bowling at hardest bowling, 70 Wides in each of the two tests I played as India against WI. Kind of made the bouncer useless!

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
Anybody please help, how to play a step down grounded shot? all my shots are going through the air even if i press the ground shot/attacking shot button instead off the lofted shot button.

And how to assign bat to a player? how to apply helmet to a player in edit mode?

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
pc vertion batting and bowling training when enter in to train bat or bowl game crash and stoped always i posted this problem before but no body reply,i spend my own money to buy this game but game developers not responding,
without training how can we play a game? any answer?
I posted a support ticket about this on BA's site. I saw that there was some attempt to fix this in the latest patch but I am away from my PC for another week or so, so have no idea whether this has been properly resolved yet.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anybody please help, how to play a step down grounded shot? all my shots are going through the air even if i press the ground shot/attacking shot button instead off the lofted shot button.

And how to assign bat to a player? how to apply helmet to a player in edit mode?
BA cant do physics right thats why its going in the air......

Furqan Anis

School Cricketer
In fairness sometimes it is difficult to define what is wrong with awkward animations - but many are awkward. Legside and pull shots especially lack elegance and lack a natural flowing rhythm. Even front foot forward defensive blocks happen suddenly at the last minute and without natural rhythm. Square cuts often involve players stepping back and reaching for the ball - even I don't play that badly, let alone (the virtual) Steve Smith...

Play EA cricket 07 and you are struck by the contrast. Shots are elegant with smooth follow throughs - so even though the graphics are from 2006 there is a sense you are watching real cricket shots.
Spot on

Furqan Anis

School Cricketer
Guyz I think we are expecting too much from a company like big ant it is really tough to make a sports game especially cricket and big ant isn't that big of a company

fezza

Club Captain
Guyz I think we are expecting too much from a company like big ant it is really tough to make a sports game especially cricket and big ant isn't that big of a company

Well they have had 5 years since the first edition came out... and some things have actually gotten worse. The fact we can't choose stadiums in world championship mode and the fact balls bounce too high is really rather silly after all this time. There's not really an excuse for basic things like this.

If they need a larger team (and I'm not sure they do) the answer is to seek outside investment. Producing endless half-baked patches just winds up fans of the game - and despite everything I still count myself as a BA fan.

Users who are viewing this thread