Match difficulty and slider settings help

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
...........how the match difficulty settings and slider settings work? Am I correct in thinking that when I choose a casual match from the menu, a screen comes up asking me if I want MY (human player) batting/bowling and fielding skill levels to one of either easiest/easy/medium/hard or hardest. Is it the case that what level I choose here corresponds to and sets the corresponding batting and bowling sliders. If this is the case then I presume that I have to play game with modifiers set to ON.

Secondly am I correct in thinking that choosing different match difficulty sets how weakly or strongly the AI team plays. And that if I switch the gameplay modifiers (sliders) OFF then this match difficulty will be the difficulty level that human player will play at.

I hope someone out there understands what I'm trying to find out......and can give some answers.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
pro / veteran / legend = strength of ai

medium / hard / hardest = difficulty of user achieving perfect controller feedback

Batting slider settings operate only when switched on, and they replace the user difficulty setting. No effect on ai difficulty afaik.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Batting slider settings operate only when switched on, and they replace the user difficulty setting. No effect on ai difficulty afaik.

Thanks for reply. I'm still a little confused about sliders. I know that if I choose say easiest for batting then when I start playing the match then check the batting slider tab they are indeed set at easiest settings. But if I was to then switch the batting sliders to OFF.....then what batting difficulty would I be batting on?

D

Deleted member 185125

If you set to Easy before the match, you would need to set the modifier to OFF to stay at the difficulty.
If modifiers is set to ON then the difficulty will be according to the values you set.
For example, on Easy you can have modifiers turned on,and all values set to 100 and display time at 23,which would then be equivalent to Hardest difficulty. But difficulty will still show Easy.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
If you set to Easy before the match, you would need to set the modifier to OFF to stay at the difficulty.
If modifiers is set to ON then the difficulty will be according to the values you set.
For example, on Easy you can have modifiers turned on,and all values set to 100 and display time at 23,which would then be equivalent to Hardest difficulty. But difficulty will still show Easy.

Thanks......I think this is where my confusion with modifiers begins. I play with the pre set modifier settings for the given difficulty. So for instance, if I choose easiest bowling setting, then I bowl with these pre set settngs.....I never change them. And I only bat with batting slider settings turned OFF as I don't like how the game sometimes chooses what shot to play for you when I wanted to play a different stroke!

If I could get the right balance between my poor bowling and even poorer batting, then I'd be a happy bunny. But it's rather true to life as I generally play as Durham.

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thus in simple words...

Either the preset difficulty (easy/med/hard/hardest) OR with the batting/bowling sliders turned ON difficulty prevails

Hence the reason that with sliders turned ON while batting, the footwork seems stuck at crease & the ball simply misses the edge even at a simple straight forward cover drive outside the off stump & sometimes when we desire to hit a simple straight drive to a seemingly full toss kind of yorker the batsman overdoes his footwork as if playing an on drive & misses the delivery to get bowled or lbw...& it feels so frustrating when we are just trying to get set, especially after the new timing tweaks after the Apr 26 patches....

The problem is to find the right combo of sliders that closely matches the preset easiest/easy/medium/hard/hardest difficulty...

The game could have added a window giving greyed out figures corresponding to each of the slider parameters for each of the preset easiest/easy/medium/hard/hardest difficulty, which would then become the base from where you could tweak the sliders according to need & then bat with the sliders ON for a far better immersion & satisfaction...& also requiring less discussion & debate on the forums for the sliders...IMHO

A lot of time of members here including myself, goes in finding the right combo of sliders to find your sweet spot and then as you are just starting to get a satisfying feel from the game, there comes a patch that further tweaks the sliders (i am not against the patching done by BA , fully appreciate their hard work) causing you to once again trail & error with the sweet combo of sliders....Thus instead of enjoying the game one is constantly in the hunt for the sweet slider combo..

IMHO, It can also help developers in devoting more time in improving the game with more immersive features, away from finding the right sliders settings...(which varies for each user)

The best remedy as of now is to bat with sliders OFF which ironically gives better feeling of control over the batsman footwork & shots...(which otherwise should ideally come from Sliders turned ON & tweaked)

Dnt know if it is possible to introduce the same in a patch by @BigAntStudios.....

Last edited:

PjPage59

Club Captain
Has anyone discovered what settings are needed to make batting hard again. It’s too easy and I’m not playing the game until it’s fixed. Had it perfect in the last patch but nothing I do now is getting back to that.

D

Deleted member 185125

Has anyone discovered what settings are needed to make batting hard again. It’s too easy and I’m not playing the game until it’s fixed. Had it perfect in the last patch but nothing I do now is getting back to that.
So the test I played, had edges and was difficult to score as well. Below are the changes to the settings and modifiers. Grassy Hard Pristine pitch.

Batting Difficulty - Hardest
Match Difficulty-Legend
Batting Controls Standard
Camera-Batting Far
Batting Modifier -ON
Ball Display Time -9
Shot timing difficulty-99
Ball quality influence-90
Foot placement -80
Shot choice-80

Pace speed Minimum and Maximum-70
Short force -20
Timing window -90 since I feel the default for spin is too late.
Batsman Arial Marker-Disabled
Pitch Marker-Enabled.
Spin and Pace revolution-20
I have skilled the AI bowlers between 85 to 88.

However you would stil have to tweak the setting to suit your batting style.
I had recorded the first session I batted , will post a highlights video during the weekends.

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
So the test I played, had edges and was difficult to score as well. Below are the changes to the settings and modifiers. Grassy Hard Pristine pitch.

Batting Difficulty - Hardest
Match Difficulty-Legend
Batting Controls Standard
Camera-Batting Far
Batting Modifier -ON
Ball Display Time -9
Shot timing difficulty-99
Ball quality influence-90
Foot placement -80
Shot choice-80

Pace speed Minimum and Maximum-70
Short force -20
Timing window -90 since I feel the default for spin is too late.
Batsman Arial Marker-Disabled
Pitch Marker-Enabled.
Spin and Pace revolution-20
I have skilled the AI bowlers between 85 to 88.

However you would stil have to tweak the setting to suit your batting style.
I had recorded the first session I batted , will post a highlights video during the weekends.

Hi Mohammed Sherry i like the Modifier settings above u have and noticed you bat with standard controls
the problem im having in standard control is connecting with wide balls and foot work.

is foot work placement skill settings on individual players the key? or Modifier/Difficulty settings
with PS4 controller on standard i cant move the players footwork sideways into the shot...what am i missing?

any tips well help

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi Mohammed Sherry i like the Modifier settings above u have and noticed you bat with standard controls
the problem im having in standard control is connecting with wide balls and foot work.

is foot work placement skill settings on individual players the key? or Modifier/Difficulty settings
with PS4 controller on standard i cant move the players footwork sideways into the shot...what am i missing?

any tips well help
The direction of the footwork is automatically selected and no sideways footwork is available. The foot placement Difficulty option might have something to do with it, but not really sure.
However, the shot to wide delivery is missing on Standard Controls.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Apologies for dragging up a fairly old thread, but difficulty settings are the bane of my life at the moment ( apart from the Covid 19 situation of course). Can settings be changed mid match? Like.....if I start a match with one setting.....and I change the setting later on in the game, will those changes take effect or will the game play on with the original settings choice. I think I know the answer because I've actually changed the difficulty levels to their extremes mid match......with little or no obvious change to gameplay.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Apologies for dragging up a fairly old thread, but difficulty settings are the bane of my life at the moment ( apart from the Covid 19 situation of course). Can settings be changed mid match? Like.....if I start a match with one setting.....and I change the setting later on in the game, will those changes take effect or will the game play on with the original settings choice. I think I know the answer because I've actually changed the difficulty levels to their extremes mid match......with little or no obvious change to gameplay.
Hi I Think The Impression i got is they dont change in mid match and unless you start A new one . that what it looked like too me Anyway .

Users who are viewing this thread