England's tour of India - 2021

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Rishabh Pant just keeps failing in T20s repeatedly. Another failure in 2nd T20.

Can't understand why he is picked for India in any format. His test runs are the definition of fluke too - never seen a player getting dropped chances so much before reaching 50. Samson and Kishan have much better IPL records than Pant too, so why Pant is getting these chances? The privilege of being from a certain community..

Anyways, I still prefer Samson over Kishan. Kishan's temperament in question after he played a reckless reverse. Samson, more experienced and more temperament might prove crucial in World Cup. But Pant should never play again

On point sir! Well said! Pant is a failure!

Just get a room already!

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I guess only one of SKY or Iyer should play in that case
This is true. They are both very similar players, and we can't have both of them playing in a single team, especially when we already have Kohli and Rohit in the top order.

For me, the team I have listed in the following post would be ideal. I know Rahul has looked tentative so far in the series. He is still one of our best T20 players. We already have Kohli and Rohit in the line-up so, we don't need another player who anchors the inning. That is the reason I don't see either SKY or Iyer fitting in our final 11. One of them (SKY, in my opinion) should be in the squad but definitely not the final 11.
And rightly so. We already have Kohli and Rohit as the players who anchor the inning, we don't need a third player like that.

Even though we failed miserably in the first game, I am glad we have not given up on this 'aggressive' approach because that is exactly what this team needs. We have taken the safer approach for far too long, but I think it's good that the management is looking to change.

I also don't have anything against Iyer and Sky as they both are excellent players, but If we have both Rohit and Kohli in the team, I don't see how they fit in the team.

Ishan/Rahul
Rohit
Kohli
Rahul/Ishan
Pant
Hardik
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Chahal
Bumrah
Kuldeep/Natarajan

Kuldeep/Natarajan, Deepak Chahar, Iyer/Sky, Sundar/Akshar

Rahul definitely needs a big score though.

I still can't believe we don't have Kuldeep in the squad. Yes, he is a confidence bowler, and his confidence is probably at an all-time low. However, we need someone to mentor him and guide him because he can be our best spin bowler in the T20 format.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia

Can't understand why he is picked for India in any format. His test runs are the definition of fluke too - never seen a player getting dropped chances so much before reaching 50. Samson and Kishan have much better IPL records than Pant too, so why Pant is getting these chances? The privilege of being from a certain community..

Anyways, I still prefer Samson over Kishan. Kishan's temperament in question after he played a reckless reverse. Samson, more experienced and more temperament might prove crucial in World Cup. But Pant should never play again
I would love it if India management agreed with you. If they thought along the same lines, us Aussies would be in the WTC final...

CooldiPargi

Aal Izz Well
India
RCB...
CSK
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Points on Pant are soooooo accurate. Just 2-3 innings and Our beloved management signs him for a year that too in all formats.

Users who are viewing this thread