Cricket 19 - Ultimate Edition DLC Released

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
I think Sonic is the only person claiming any gameplay changes at all? And he’s imagining it IMO.

I also don’t think the last patch made the run-outs worse: they were always awful.
Could Be, Could be not ;)

I will explain why I mentioned those changes here then:

1. Fast Bowlers consuming less stamina. Why did I say this? Try putting a series of fast balls. And Notice how his stamina drains. Previously, it would reduce almost half of his stamina. But now it's not.
2. The ball Spins more. In previous patches, I used to reduce the spin drifting to give a noticeable change in the ball spinning since the ball never seemed to spin in almost all pitches. But now it does turn a bit, just a bit more.
3. The Ball bounces more now. Try playing in a SOFT pitch and try to play a back foot shot for a yellow ball. You yourself would see :)
4. Yorkers are not easy to hit balls now (Perfect ones) And my bowling quality influence is 90 so that could be one reason why I find perfect yorkers hard to hit.

1. Throwing balls are a lot more smoother now. Remember when the fielders would throw paper floaty balls when you fill just a small amount in your fielding meter? Now that's not the case. It still happens to wicketkeepers now though.
2. Remember when fielders would jog when they have low stamina? Now that's not the case. Stamina Reduction has reduced a bit too.
3. Fielders diving to stop boundaries might be an exaggeration. I will admit that. Since it happened to me only twice. But catches do come at various places like Point now.
4. Previously, after the bowler finishes bowling the ball, he would just stand near the stumps doing nothing, Even if the ball was close to him. Either the wicket keeper or one of the fielders must come to take the ball. But now he does take the ball when no fielder is around it or when the ball is near him. (In one of my screenshots, he even went near point to the take the ball) But I will agree that the speed in which he takes the ball is quite slow. Though he is indeed responsive, that speed is still not enough to restrict the batsmen from scoring a run.
5. And Again. Ignore that "best of all" since that's again an exaggeration from me since I never saw something like that happen. But IT IS TRUE that if the fielders are close to the boundary line and if the Y button appears in the catching circle, then they tap the ball back. If the Y button appears, then 100% he will tap it back. If not. It's a six. You could also see that in my screenshots

1. LEGSIDE FRONT FOOT LOFTED SHOTS are more effective now. Remember when the lofted flick shots didn't do a thing? Even if you got 3 ideals? Now they do. (but still, just a bit inferior than the offside lofted shots) As for the grounded shots, I feel like they are still the same. (You could see that in one of my screenshots, I tried playing that front foot lofted flick shot and got good timing and footwork and ideal shot selection and the ball landed just near the boundary rope. So naturally, If I got ideal timing, it would go for a six.)
2. Backfoot shots, as I said, connect well now. And the Pull Shot was such a powerful shot that even a good timing would go to a six in my difficulty. But now, that's not the case and even that requires ideal timing now,
3. L1/LB Aggressive Grounded Shots DO consume stamina, but again, the reduction rate is less. Try playing almost 15-20 balls with only L1 shots. The stamina won't reduce to half now.
4. The Reverse Sweep has a bit more power since even OK timing with the reverse sweep would go to a boundary if connected well.
5. As for the Advanced Shot Animation, I guess "smoother" isn't the correct word but I can say they connect a bit well now instead of them connecting on the top of the bat and going for a six if ideally timed.

These are some of the changes I noticed in the JULY patch. Not sure about the new 100mb patch though. Didn't test it fully yet. Just played one T20 match and gameplay wise, everything looks the same for me.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Could Be, Could be not ;)

I will explain why I mentioned those changes here then:

1. Fast Bowlers consuming less stamina. Why did I say this? Try putting a series of fast balls. And Notice how his stamina drains. Previously, it would reduce almost half of his stamina. But now it's not.
2. The ball Spins more. In previous patches, I used to reduce the spin drifting to give a noticeable change in the ball spinning since the ball never seemed to spin in almost all pitches. But now it does turn a bit, just a bit more.
3. The Ball bounces more now. Try playing in a SOFT pitch and try to play a back foot shot for a yellow ball. You yourself would see :)
4. Yorkers are not easy to hit balls now (Perfect ones) And my bowling quality influence is 90 so that could be one reason why I find perfect yorkers hard to hit.

1. Throwing balls are a lot more smoother now. Remember when the fielders would throw paper floaty balls when you fill just a small amount in your fielding meter? Now that's not the case. It still happens to wicketkeepers now though.
2. Remember when fielders would jog when they have low stamina? Now that's not the case. Stamina Reduction has reduced a bit too.
3. Fielders diving to stop boundaries might be an exaggeration. I will admit that. Since it happened to me only twice. But catches do come at various places like Point now.
4. Previously, after he finishes bowling the ball, he would just stand near the stumps doing nothing, Even if the ball was close to him. Either the wicket keeper or one of the fielders must come to take the ball. But now he does take the ball when no fielder is around it or when the ball is near him. (In one of my screenshots, he even went near point to the take the ball) But I will agree that the speed in which he takes the ball is quite slow. Though he is indeed responsive, that speed is still not enough to restrict the batsmen from scoring a run.
5. And Again. Ignore that best of all since that's an exaggeration from me too since I never saw something like that happen when I saw that for the first time. But IT IS TRUE that if the fielders are close to the boundary line and if the Y button appears in the catching circle, then they tap the ball back. If the Y button appears, then 100% he will tap it back. If not. It's a six. You could also see that in my screenshots

1. LEGSIDE FRONT FOOT LOFTED SHOTS are more effective now. Remember when the lofted flick shots didn't do a thing? Even if you got 3 ideals? Now they do. (but still, just a bit inferior than the offside lofted shots) As for the grounded shots, I feel like they are still the same. (You could see that in one of my screenshots, I tried playing that front foot lofted flick shot and got good timing and footwork and ideal shot selection and the ball landed just near the boundary rope. So naturally, If I got ideal timing, it would go for a six.)
2. Backfoot shots, as I said, connect well now. And the Pull Shot was such a powerful shot that even a good timing would go to a six in my difficulty. But now, that's not the case and even that requires ideal timing now,
3. L1/LB Aggressive Grounded Shots DO consume stamina, but again, the reduction rate is less. Try playing almost 15-20 balls with only L1 shots. The stamina won't reduce to half now.
4. The Reverse Sweep has a bit more power since even OK timing with the reverse sweep would go to a boundary if connected well.
5. As for the Advanced Shot Animation, I guess "smoother" isn't the correct word but I can say they connect a bit well now instead of them connecting on the top of the bat and going for a six if ideally timed.

These are some of the changes I noticed in the JULY patch. Not sure about the new 100mb patch though. Didn't test it fully yet. Just played one T20 match and gameplay wise, everything looks the same for me.
Could you upload some videos with this stuff in action?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Could you upload some videos with this stuff in action?
I would love to. In Fact, I wanted to somehow upload GIF's of those actions for my review, but I simply did not know and thus just uploaded screenshots. I am not that much of an expert in making videos :/

I tried my best to upload screenshots of whatever possible though. Like those catches/tapping back, bowler being responsive etc..,

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would love to. In Fact, I wanted to somehow upload GIF's of those actions for my review, but I simply did not know and thus just uploaded screenshots. I am not that much of an expert in making videos :/

I tried my best to upload screenshots of whatever possible though. Like those catches/tapping back, bowler being responsive etc..,

can write huge shitposts, can't press "share" on a controller.

Nack

Club Captain
Hi all,

Really happy to see Big Ant released this DLC and patch, and that we now have more licensed players and stadiums in the game.

Also pleasing that the CPL will replace the "generic" Windies tournament in my concurrent career mode.

I just have one question if someone can help me. Do I need to do anything to replace created players with the new licensed Windies players in my Career Mode or will they be automatically replaced? And if I do need to replace them, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Anyone who is quite far into their career mode, has the CPL officially replaced the Caribbean Cricket Cup? I've decided to restart mine from scratch and I'm curious about it. Will determine whether I choose to download the CPL teams from the academy to replace the generic Caribbean T20 tournament.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Apart from that gameplay wise feels a bit the same. It's obvious the gameplay (when bowling) is scripted to what field you have and how many balls bowled in the over.
All I can say is when I’m playing “The Hundred” if I bowl a certain way and place a fielder at either long on or long off it’s guaranteed that the ball is going to be hit high in that direction and going to be caught by the fielder down there. Doesn’t happen “all” the time but It’s still too predictable and isn’t that hard to exploit.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All I can say is when I’m playing “The Hundred” if I bowl a certain way and place a fielder at either long on or long off it’s guaranteed that the ball is going to be hit high in that direction and going to be caught by the fielder down there. Doesn’t happen “all” the time but It’s still too predictable and isn’t that hard to exploit.
That has always been upto us, whether to exploit something or to simulate like we would IRL.

In the end, its still a game and they can only code so much.

parthivm

School Cricketer
Hi guys have a weird issue post the update and DLC download.

I can no longer click on “new men’s match” or “new women’s Match” in the “play now” section of the game. The two options appear locked (small lock at the top right of the options, and both are unselectable). Any idea on what this problem is and how to solve it?

there is no issue in playing the hundred, world championship etc.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Hi guys have a weird issue post the update and DLC download.

I can no longer click on “new men’s match” or “new women’s Match” in the “play now” section of the game. The two options appear locked (small lock at the top right of the options, and both are unselectable). Any idea on what this problem is and how to solve it?

there is no issue in playing the hundred, world championship etc.
Click on manage and delete the previous saved match files , you can only have 3 save in play now mode and after that it will show lock screen , you have to keep deleting the match files so that it won't reach the limit of 3

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
can write huge shitposts, can't press "share" on a controller.
Well I am sorry. I really did know about that back then. I decided to see how to record videos and now, I know how to share clips. I will try to send videos from now on. But until then, I guess my screenshots could be of a bit of help.

Edit: Also, Yeah. I don't think the new patches do anything apart from making unnecessary changes. No changes in gameplay. At least for me.

Users who are viewing this thread