Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
But surely separate attributes for inswing and out swing , off spin and leg spin even a casual gamer will want that right? They know that Lyon can't bowl doosra like murali and they don't get to see it on IPL as well.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Let me ask you a question... how many people do you think play test matches on a video game? Or how many folks do you know want realistic gameplay? From my experience very few. Majority of the consumers are casual gamers who want to see what they see when they watch IPL, or they want to pick up the game and start hitting 6s. And if the game doesn't work that way, and has a steep learning curve, they complain.

How many people would be happy struggling on a green seamer, barely laying bat on the ball, and batting for a session to score 50-60 runs and losing 3-4 wkts in the process? Or how many folks have the patience to play patiently for 5 days and appreciate the change in pitches as the game goes on for 5 days? Again, the answer is not many no matter what people say. Outside of hard-core cricket gaming fans - I would say which would be in hundreds or a few thousands at the top - I doubt anyone else cares about these things. Most of the potential customers of Cricket 22 would take helicopter or scoop shots (which I haven't played once across multiple iterations) or cheerleaders over a pitch which changes over time.

Ideally, we would like Big Ant to come up with a game which caters to different gaming experiences but at the end of the day Big Ant is a business, have limited resources and need to prioritize what they need to work on. I would do the same thing and focus on areas which majority of customers are asking for and that's why my expectations are on the lower side. All I want is accurate stats tracking, batting experience similar to Cricket 19 with the leg side shots behind square not nerfed, and better fielding & fields/field sets. If there's any other improvement that would be cherry on top.
Yeah, exactly, why I said I understand the route that BA go down when making their decisions on what to prioritize.
Post automatically merged:

Let me ask you a question... how many people do you think play test matches on a video game? Or how many folks do you know want realistic gameplay? From my experience very few. Majority of the consumers are casual gamers who want to see what they see when they watch IPL, or they want to pick up the game and start hitting 6s. And if the game doesn't work that way, and has a steep learning curve, they complain.

How many people would be happy struggling on a green seamer, barely laying bat on the ball, and batting for a session to score 50-60 runs and losing 3-4 wkts in the process? Or how many folks have the patience to play patiently for 5 days and appreciate the change in pitches as the game goes on for 5 days? Again, the answer is not many no matter what people say. Outside of hard-core cricket gaming fans - I would say which would be in hundreds or a few thousands at the top - I doubt anyone else cares about these things. Most of the potential customers of Cricket 22 would take helicopter or scoop shots (which I haven't played once across multiple iterations) or cheerleaders over a pitch which changes over time.

Ideally, we would like Big Ant to come up with a game which caters to different gaming experiences but at the end of the day Big Ant is a business, have limited resources and need to prioritize what they need to work on. I would do the same thing and focus on areas which majority of customers are asking for and that's why my expectations are on the lower side. All I want is accurate stats tracking, batting experience similar to Cricket 19 with the leg side shots behind square not nerfed, and better fielding & fields/field sets. If there's any other improvement that would be cherry on top.
Although it is advertised as the official game of the Ashes!

D

Deleted member 185125

So if it's the arcade gameplay, easy controls, hit every ball for six, cut scenes and boomer the duck people wanted, why wasn't Big bash boom a success?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So if it's the arcade gameplay, easy controls, hit every ball for six, cut scenes and boomer the duck people wanted, why wasn't Big bash boom a success?
yea same thought but I think people want to do all those stuff all while looking 'normal' , as if its their fantasy land to try and do what requires elite skill (impossible for them) IRL.

Like they want to relate to the action they're seeing and not get 'its a game' kinda feel if I'm making sense here.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
They will know what their core audience wants..
Just like fifa have to balance arcade style for the FUT crew and the crew that want a proper football simulation.
However in my opinion regardless of what the audience is.. you can’t have a cricket game arcade or not that doesn’t have catches in the infield that’s just a fundamental part of the sport.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I wouldn't term Big bash boom a cricket game... I've seen mobile games with deeper gameplay. People want to play an "actual" cricket game (heard this from an acquaintance while discussing cricket gaming which I interpreted as "realistic") but at the same time want it to offer arcade like gameplay.
Post automatically merged:

Just want to say that I’m one of the few for whom the reason that I’m longing for this game is… Tests!

I just love the twists and turns and genuinely take joy from batting long periods, happily leaving the ball (But hoping the AI responds). The ‘chore’ of bowling I love because the thrill of LBWs, bowleds and particularly edges in this game (Well, previous games) is awesome. It annoys me when my Tests only last two/three days. Hope the new catching maintains the thrill.

And yes, I too would love reliable/correct stats!

I’m all for variety, that’s what real cricket provides courtesy of the extremes of Tests and even T10. Hopefully Cricket 22 caters for all… but yeah, the word arcade is off putting!

I hear you and we're in the same boat.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They will know what their core audience wants..
Just like fifa have to balance arcade style for the FUT crew and the crew that want a proper football simulation.
However in my opinion regardless of what the audience is.. you can’t have a cricket game arcade or not that doesn’t have catches in the infield that’s just a fundamental part of the sport.

It's a common debate across all sports games - be it Madden or FIFA or any other series. There are folks in minority who want to see an accurate depiction of the real sport with all nuances of the sport captured, and then there is majority on the other side who want to see ultimate teams (FUT/MUT), no injuries (Madden) etc. and we know how things will play out.

And that's why, like you, I would be happy if Big Ant addresses some of core elements. I've my doubts things like pitch deterioration will make it up on the priority list but hopefully better fields/field sets, improved fielding without plenty of byes etc. get some attention.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Another test match guy here.. Would love the pitch characteristics in depth for sure and even sessions where ball doesnt do anything and after tea its starts doing something. Adds a natural storyline to the game by itself and creates those moments which makes us go back to it again and again..

Though I agree that the cosmetics stuff sells more and arcadish style works. I feel when it comes to pitch characteristics , casual players dont mind it if it isnt there but would also appreciate it when its there as you would be able to see the changes during the course of the match.. Dew factor being a favour to team batting second in an ODI match, who wouldnt want to see that.. The challenges that comes along with it if you lose the toss and AI chooses to bowl first.. All these things creates the longevity and thats the reason attention must be shown to pitches..

Hanav Baxi

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Test cricket is the real cricket. Be it on tv or in video games. I enjoyed playing test series in C19 and the first thing that I would be playing on 25th would be Tests.
As Virat once rightly said, "Test cricket is the heartbeat of international cricket".

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have had a love for the long form version of the game since DB14. Just adds a lot of fun for me, makes it realistic. Plus, I prioritise it in career mode too.

Users who are viewing this thread