Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Guys who have crash issue on steam when they go for team selection screen just Right click on the game in steam > Go to Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Files.. What this does is it downloads steam distributables after completing the verification which seems to sort the issue and I was able to play matches without any issue..

I felt compelled to re-register to write one post, having now tried this game. I now understand why there was no beta process involving people from previous games ( at least that was the case until I stepped out after there being zero communication and when I questioned that, was met only with arrogance and anger). This really is one of the most dissapointing games I have ever played. It is a downgrade from Cricket 19, the menus are clumsy and not intuitive at all. The lists and lists and lists and lists we put together to improve the game have just been ignored. The game is catered for smash and grab both in terms of cricket and commercially. Where is the innovation, where is the revamp of fielding? What is actually new? Visually it looks poor and it plays worse than Cricket 19 did, albeit after numerous patches. Not in my wildest dreams did I expect something so obviously copy pasted; even all the cut scenes for Gods sake are exactly the same. Bland, unappealing in every respect. Mike Athertons glum commentary sums it up. Sorry for the unasked for rant but it really is poor. To think that when DBC 14 came out I was dreaming how far a cricket game would come after 5 or 6 iterations. Hopefully another developer will emerge that is willing to do the game justice. And to those who think I am just being pedantic and dramatic (like always), I don't care. To anyone who gets some joy out of this game I wish you genuinely all the best. Big Ant used to be a great company and a great presence on the forums. It's all in the past, just like the quality of their game. Dutch over and out.

Seems like Australia wide the game is not accessible at the moment if you ordered digitally. Even if you search the Xbox store it still states pre order.

Not played the actual game yet but the academy improvements are excellent. Obviously there's no stadium creator but if that's had the same step forward as the other stuff when it's added (I'm assuming it will be at some point) it could be a real treat.
hey mate love your content I was wondering if will see some content from you in the next few weeks waiting eaglery for your thread love your work

I pre ordered via the online store , it downloaded ready to go and received this message. Uninstalled tried again same message.
I am Victoria based and the Xbox settings are set to Sydney time zone.

Has this issue ever happened to anyone before?

What a cluster f**k after the delayed launch.

Seems like Australia wide the game is not accessible at the moment if you ordered digitally. Even if you search the Xbox store it still states pre order.
oh no im sorry for you that's ridiculous id be peeded off have you been up all night, I hope you get it real soon because I'm from England not sure how much it is in Dollars but its 50 pounds here

The more I've played it the more it feels like a rushed unfinished game

Bar the graphics its a masisve downgrade on C19. Less features ( no test championship ), awful fielding, poor comms and ridiculous shots

Out of all their games this seems to be worse "base" game and how Big Ant have form for making the games worse after a patch (Ashes) it doesn't look good for the future

oh no im sorry for you that's ridiculous id be peeded off have you been up all night, I hope you get it real soon because I'm from England not sure how much it is in Dollars but its 50 pounds here

Nah I preordered and it downloaded which I thought would be good get an hour on it this morning before work but nope still says “ your to early”

Ive had a look and there’s many others also getting the same issue. Not a big deal as people said it’s just a game but this launch of game has been a complete balls up considering the initial delay then a pre released version appearing and now the game won’t even open here plus it sounds like the day 1 patch which fixes licenses etc hasn’t been applied?

@blockerdave The other big one is I haven’t seen the AI use their feet yet… again..
Tbf I only bowled one over with the spinner but I’m not holding out much hope.

I don’t know if I’m playing with day 1 patch though. I assume so as it’s got WI, Ireland & NZ licensed and it downloaded an update file when I installed, but it’s ps5 in uk so I don’t know.

19 gameplay was very solid. This will be similar.

My irritation with it. As even during testing of 19 so many things were identified.. some big some small but haven’t been looked at or changed.

like the ridiculous shots. Or lack of ability to get catches in tests in the ring. Just key things you need in a cricket game

If you took 19 and just tweaked little things we would have a beast on our hands.

it’s all that we needed.

instead we have a reticle back but a cricket game with no close fielder catches…
I'm no game developer , but I really am wondering if it's the limitations of the game engine that is being used ?
seems to be the same one that has been utilised for the last few iterations of Cricket Games.

I'd imagine there won't be massive changes until the physics engine underneath is overhauled.

No foot movement while bowling with spinners, 12 overs of Lyon (admittedly in a test match) @blockerdave

I'm no game developer , but I really am wondering if it's the limitations of the game engine that is being used ?
seems to be the same one that has been utilised for the last few iterations of Cricket Games.

I'd imagine there won't be massive changes until the physics engine underneath is overhauled.
I doubt your far wrong!

Although if we can move our feet and be caught in the ring surely AI can.

Users who are viewing this thread