Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The list of everything that was broken again is already growing significantly too, yet all of this outstanding work is still, "no longer critical"?
I'm not at all attempting to say all the remaining problems in the game are minor - but the sense is that what needs to be improved now are things where we need to take more time and have a more solid solution, not something that can quickly resolve the worst aspect of something, but not completely eliminate an issue.

That's only possible by slowing down the rate of putting a patch out to the public. There's a very valid criticism that some of the patches might take some steps forward and take other steps back, the only solution to that is taking a bit more time between each update.

I absolutely don't mean to minimise the importance of what's left to work on, but it's a matter of how it gets worked on. For a "critical" issue, there are times where we would need to go with a resolution to the problem that would introduce another problem - the severity and urgency of the problem being faced would justify having a patch that could make some other elements worse. That's what I'm suggesting there's not many remaining of - that going forward the norm would be to wait the few extra days to deliver a more complete resolution rather than a hotfix. There might be exceptions that require a patch out of cycle, but that's the plan.

It doesn't mean we're slowing down the amount of work on the game.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyone knows what is match difficulty(Easiest , Easy , Normal ,Hard , Hardest) means , when we already have Difficulty setting as Legend , Batting (easy ,hard ,Hardest)

1642378902124.png

s0074845

Club Captain
Does anyone know how to stop the AI batsmen from sticking their bats out and tonking the ball to backwards point for 4, twice an over? It's the most infuriatingly stupid thing in the game. Worst animation I've ever seen in any game.
This is the worst bit tonked for boundary every over through point or weird top edge hoick over slips or straight hit over mid off . I would love to know how to tone this crap

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm not at all attempting to say all the remaining problems in the game are minor - but the sense is that what needs to be improved now are things where we need to take more time and have a more solid solution, not something that can quickly resolve the worst aspect of something, but not completely eliminate an issue.

That's only possible by slowing down the rate of putting a patch out to the public. There's a very valid criticism that some of the patches might take some steps forward and take other steps back, the only solution to that is taking a bit more time between each update.

I absolutely don't mean to minimise the importance of what's left to work on, but it's a matter of how it gets worked on. For a "critical" issue, there are times where we would need to go with a resolution to the problem that would introduce another problem - the severity and urgency of the problem being faced would justify having a patch that could make some other elements worse. That's what I'm suggesting there's not many remaining of - that going forward the norm would be to wait the few extra days to deliver a more complete resolution rather than a hotfix. There might be exceptions that require a patch out of cycle, but that's the plan.

It doesn't mean we're slowing down the amount of work on the game.

Understood, fair comment.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
But still my Question Remains , Why We have two type of difficulty (Match Setting)
Even @MattW doesn't have a clue lol, You can be more proud of winning in hardest, it's there to satisfy that ego, that's it atm, watch out for general stability point in patch as they keep tinkering with these and other stuff that really matters under "general stability".

Last edited:

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Match difficulty is how much al will score so on easy they will get a total you can chase down whereas on hardest it will be a very high amount its more relevant on career mode when you only play as one player its not as meaningful when you play as the whole team where all the other factors and sliders kick in more.Its unnecessarily complicated but its been like that since they started making cricket games.

OnyaGarry

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I notice my career game (on Xbox) now has a new coach for the Australian side. Previously it was the same coach you start off with - which is strange as he's your club, state and national coach, which is quite lazy game development and hugely silly - but at least now the national coach is different (for me at least). So kudos to Big Ant for that.

Now if I can just stop getting re-introduced to my teamates every time I sign on for a new tour then that would be great. I mean I've been playing with these guys for a couple of years or so and I'm the best player on the team, so if they don't know me by now then they never will

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Match difficulty is how much al will score so on easy they will get a total you can chase down whereas on hardest it will be a very high amount its more relevant on career mode when you only play as one player its not as meaningful when you play as the whole team where all the other factors and sliders kick in more.Its unnecessarily complicated but its been like that since they started making cricket games.

Thanks for reply , But for that We are using Easy Hard Legend mode , Still we to make more clear point on Match difficulty

azkhan

Associate Captain
Is anyone else having issues with the running screen HUD? It inverts itself sometimes which is annoying lol. I use Broadcast 2 camera for running. The Strikers end should be at the top of the small screen and the non-strikers at the bottom. Sometimes it's ok but other times it’s not. I know it's not on the top of the list of worst issues in the game, but it’s annoying as you get mixed up when running to the end the ball is being thrown too.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for reply , But for that We are using Easy Hard Legend mode , Still we to make more clear point on Match difficulty
In C19 I was always of the view that one of them was how good the AI are, the other is how difficult it is for you to input your desired shot/ball etc

So in theory it could be AI on legend, but you set your input difficultly (shot timing, shot selection, front foot landing, etc) to easy. So even though it’s easy for you to get your player to do what you want them to, that doesn’t mean you will get the AI out easily/ bowl rubbish

whether this is the case in 22 I’m not sure, but it makes sense to me that this is the set up, because it could be that someone is ready for better AI, but still needs easier input so keeping it separate allows for this, otherwise you’re stuck with perhaps the gap between medium and hard being too big, because although the AI gets better on hard, which is what you want, so too would the input requirement, which is perhaps then too hard for that person.

sliders obviously mean this changes, but I think a similar set up is applicable.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
just to add with bowling for example as far as i can see the only difference between easy hard veteran and legend bowling is how quickly the line moves so on easy game you will not have to consistently get ideal and excellent to take wickets where as on hard level you will .That i think is the theory anyway.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Looking for usernames of teams from the 90’s please

Users who are viewing this thread