Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I remember this call for sliders, back in the DBC14 days. I wonder, if they removed sliders entirely, whether BA could make the game work. The reason for having sliders should be to make minor tweaks to meet user preferences. The default, as you say, should work for most users to produce a realistic outcome across all formats covered in the game. Unfortunately, I think the sliders are now a crutch to reduce the need for BA to focus on working defaults. This meta-game of slider tweaking seems to be a curious activity. People are investing so much time with experiementing and adjusting sliders to try to make the game play realistically...surely this shouldn't be needed.
Also, the test for whether the slider-game produces a good cricket game, is not in the final scorecard but what happens ball-by-ball. If we are just reducing things like edges, pitch behaviour, etc. so that is produces a scorecard that looks like a reasonable average for the format...but ball-by-ball the expereince is unaffected by how well we play...it seems like we are missing the point of cricket. Andrew Salter finished with 7-45 off 12 overs today in the IRL match between Glamorgan and Durham...this does happen in cricket....tweaking out these possibilites in the game with sliders doesn't make much sense to me.

Completely agree. But like I say with FIFA what someone sees as realistic and correct someone else may not.

I do agree with exactly what your saying, the key fundamentals should be correct out the box. However if they are there then use them if it enhances the experience.

I wouldn’t say in my experience I have tweaked anything out of the game. For example played s test. Did my spinner tweaks. Was ineffective first innings. Fast pitch wear, I set the AI 290.. spinner day 5 took 5 and I won.

The ball by ball experience was immersive and enjoyable and I was engaged throughout. Did I have to tinker extensively to get what I wanted? Yes.. should that be the case? Probably not. Is what I like what you may like? Maybe not. But I’m happy to use the tools given.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I remember this call for sliders, back in the DBC14 days. I wonder, if they removed sliders entirely, whether BA could make the game work. The reason for having sliders should be to make minor tweaks to meet user preferences. The default, as you say, should work for most users to produce a realistic outcome across all formats covered in the game. Unfortunately, I think the sliders are now a crutch to reduce the need for BA to focus on working defaults. This meta-game of slider tweaking seems to be a curious activity. People are investing so much time with experiementing and adjusting sliders to try to make the game play realistically...surely this shouldn't be needed.
Also, the test for whether the slider-game produces a good cricket game, is not in the final scorecard but what happens ball-by-ball. If we are just reducing things like edges, pitch behaviour, etc. so that is produces a scorecard that looks like a reasonable average for the format...but ball-by-ball the expereince is unaffected by how well we play...it seems like we are missing the point of cricket. Andrew Salter finished with 7-45 off 12 overs today in the IRL match between Glamorgan and Durham...this does happen in cricket....tweaking out these possibilites in the game with sliders doesn't make much sense to me.

To add to this.. the dude on the Fifa sliders website tweak the game so much that the next game is out before they have settled on their preferred slider settings! Haha

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@WealeyH The tweaks are working for me. A spinner getting five wickets on an asian track is something I can live with. Moreover the AI has batted long and posted a decent total. (This innings had just two of those ridiculous catches from the wicketkeeper).
20220410_201129.jpg

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
20220410_161918.jpg

Pretty decent split of wickets between seam and spin. Pretty good fightback from Dickwella to avoid the follow on. Also, aside from the janky one I quit the game for, no dodgy catches off the spinners. Happy experience so far.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Bet Lyon bowled a fair few as well!
True. Had some good variety of wickets for both Lyon as well as other pace bowlers. I think once the wicketkeeper thing is fixed, the total experience would be on a whole different level at least while bowling.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Okay, so people are clearly having good games, while I am having a wicket almost every single over I bowl with a spinner. What am I doing wrong? I even limit myself to one close in fielder and still take a wicket nearly every over.

And I don't just want to up the bowling difficulty from hard. I'm finding the balancing of quick bowling perfect. Though maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and play on hardest. I'll give it a try as I seem to have tried everything else.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Okay, so people are clearly having good games, while I am having a wicket almost every single over I bowl with a spinner. What am I doing wrong? I even limit myself to one close in fielder and still take a wicket nearly every over.

And I don't just want to up the bowling difficulty from hard. I'm finding the balancing of quick bowling perfect. Though maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and play on hardest. I'll give it a try as I seem to have tried everything else.

Got to be something in your settings that needs changed. At least temporarily. I'm currently using these from @Rumple43's thread, playing in India and not seeing a great deal of ridiculousness...

Attachments

• Cricket 22 - Pitch Slider Spreadsheet v3 22 01 2022-3.xlsx
    47 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread