Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More than the patterns, BA needs to work on realistic looking patchy grass ... especially in the Indian subcontinent...even real cricket 22 has nailed this...what BA usually does is that they tone down the colour of the grass in the Indian subcontinent which is not enough... colour of grass in the subcontinent is very different from that of Australia aur England....infact all the countries have different grass colours like westindies , Australia etc. Moreover the colours in general used in previous editions of the game were very primary...they really need to have better looking colour schemes
Also if we are being realistic the Cricket broadcast in the subcontinent is not as clear or vivid as in UK for ex because of all the pollution and smog too.. The feel of watching a game in UK is something I have loved since I was a kid and watching the broadcast of a test match in India is such an eyesore in comparison.

Last edited:

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Also if we are being realistic the Cricket broadcast in the subcontinent is not as clear or vivid as in UK for ex because of all the pollution and smog too.. The feel of watching a game in UK is something I have loved since I was a kid and watching the broadcast of a test match in India is such an eyesore in comparison. (Now don't attack me and call me anti-national and stuff )
Exactly....i have raised several tickets regarding the same...and I guess that's not too difficult to implement in the game, they just have to add a blurred effect especially near the flood lights....i don't know whether the'll add the dew factor in the game or not (which I think they should being one of the most important factor in the game) but dew also change how the ground looks...few slider changes when there is dew ...blurred effect and subsequent visual effects plus 2-3 lines of commentary regarding the same...these are NOT too much to ask for...BA are a group really passionate people...having better budget after nacon acquisition...these are very minute things that must be implemented in a game costing 3k-4k

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I am sure by now game is almost done
But some of the things they can still do and improve are
1) Realistic cloud changes. Making evening clouds red/oranges, Sun rays in morning.
2) More realistic cameras. Just check tele broadcast camera on all the matches how they move on when batsman hit the balls it changes to another camera on fielder.
3) Add LIVE on scorecard on top right corner.
4) Different scorecard panel options. Skysports style scorecard for England games, Fox sports style for Australia games. Supersports style for SA games
5) Different outfield patterns. Dark inside circles, lighter outside circles. Pattern inside circle. No more small cross pattern.
6) Home team support crowd color + flags.
7) Allow user to select pitches, making one sided shorter and one sided bigger will make it more realistic.
8) Crowd setting options.
9) Shod cut scenes, pitch report and interviews during lunch, tea breaks in test cricket. It will make Test cricket more interesting
10) Allow user to pick any three commentators for the match.

Most items on your wishlist will be taken up by modders here. I'd like them to add on dynamic commentary. Perhaps, keep updating the commentary online and allow the user to download based on whosoever they prefer.
The Pre Order price for India is a bit shocking, to be honest here https://www.gamestheshop.com/search/cricket 24
INR 4299/-
Gonna buy it anyway. But it might turn off a lot of prospective buyers

It is a fair price. India has become a tad expensive. I'd say the price for older games was in the range of 2599-3599. Honestly, feel it wont put off buyers. Point to note is that there hasnt been a proper cricket game for quite some time. If they are really bringing on the IPL franchisees, people will buy regardless.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
It is a fair price. India has become a tad expensive. I'd say the price for older games was in the range of 2599-3599. Honestly, feel it wont put off buyers. Point to note is that there hasnt been a proper cricket game for quite some time. If they are really bringing on the IPL franchisees, people will buy regardless.
if it’s the whole ipl tournament, that’s another thing. People have been complaining about c22 price which was around 3000 as well.
Die hard fans like us will buy the game, but those who are on the fence- im not so sure.

I hope they do and if the game is as good as they are advertising, i hope they make good money out of it too.:Cheersmate:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
if it’s the whole ipl tournament, that’s another thing. People have been complaining about c22 price which was around 3000 as well.
Die hard fans like us will buy the game, but those who are on the fence- im not so sure.

I hope they do and if the game is as good as they are advertising, i hope they make good money out of it too.:Cheersmate:
I remember EA99 was retailing at INR 999/ in those days.

Anyhow, in India, lot many will end up buying the pirated versions-that itself makes up for a bulk of the purchases.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hopefully C24 means an end to the bald people!
FarawayDenseArabianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
I remember EA99 was retailing at INR 999/ in those days.

Anyhow, in India, lot many will end up buying the pirated versions-that itself makes up for a bulk of the purchases.
Yea that’s the issue. Piracy is still the king. Cricket 19 at Rs 1000/- was a good deal back in the day though people still preferred pirating!

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
I hope after what C22 was at launch...if BA are still confident enough to keep the price of the game at 4.2 k then they might be very confident about the quality of the product...maybe they have used a new game engine or something???

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BA are still confident enough to keep the price of the game at 4.2 k then they might be very confident about the quality of the product.
Lol. They weren't during C22 release.... game development lately became crappier and money grabbing business..not gonna criticise BA alone.... just keep expectations low..around an upgraded c22.... May be Grand surprise awaits

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Mate....let them at least get pitch behavior and simulations right, first! :p
There is a lot on stake for them this time...one more thing..looking at the AFL 23 videos I have noticed that the background tree models and even buildings look like plastic toys..this really needs to improve... however player expressions and crowd seems to have improved..

Users who are viewing this thread

• USA