Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I still remember the 1st half century scored in dbc 14 career mode... It's felt so hard working and joyful... I miss that in latest versions...
It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, difficulty levelled up by taking away the markers one by one. So, it was incredibly satisfying and challenging to try and master the game.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I tried sliders in Cricket 22 only after BA mess up with ball/pitch bounce... Initial release had good batting experience in cricket 22...

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still remember the 1st half century scored in dbc 14 career mode... It's felt so hard working and joyful... I miss that in latest versions...
I will be more than happy if they bring back the same batting and bowling controls.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
This might end up with me surrounded by pitchforks but I'd be happy if the game didn't have gameplay sliders.

I just find that it makes the first phase of playing the game an experiment phase before you end up playing the game properly. I found dbc14 ideal with the different levels of difficulties.
Yes this is the post you are bang on the money. Spend 6 month changing sliders and trying to work out what actually means what because we never get a insight into what each one does or changes

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Sliders created to give us full control on gameplay for us, but in reality it is main culprit for bad gameplay... Because when ever we face major problem in gameplay, BA always avoid our query by saying, most are using different set of slider setting, so we can't change what you asked...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Sliders created to give us full control on gameplay for us, but in reality it is main culprit for bad gameplay... Because when ever we face major problem in gameplay, BA always avoid our query by saying, most are using different set of slider setting, so we can't change what you asked...
I'm not sure if Big Ant has ever said that a change can't be made because of people using different slider settings, but I think it is a valid problem. If someone says something doesn't work how can you verify if that's an issue if they could be playing on one of a billion (plucking that number out of the air, someone who can maths better than me might be able to get a more accurate figure) different settings.

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I recall on dbc 14 I played to started two test matches where I bowled first, in one test the batting side had scored 4 100's within the top 6 and in the other test I bowled the side out for around 250. Both matches were on the same difficulty.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Absolutely agreeing with scrapping the sliders. Instead, as an improvisation, give us types of pitches, like, Subcontinent, Europe, Africa and Caribbean. Their default pitch setting perfectly matches Australia condition so we have pre-defined combos to pick from.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
pre-defined combos
Just milking on the idea, how about connecting their "dynamic" weather settings with the conditions and lock it like a preset? For example, a bit of foggy weather with 25% chance of rain clubbed with a dusty medium rank turner can be locked as a preset that mostly emulates subcontinent. I agree we'll might cry out loud for lack of customization but we can have the much desired stability in terms of gameplay. That being said, simulating innings needs a serious scrutiny before release. It is not realistic since day 1

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i feel BA will not release any posters , teasers or screenshots of C24 as of now or nearby days . they are busy fixing AFL23 (patches)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
While I was in the car going to buy some chicken and mulling over the many reasons sliders are bad, I thought of a mode that could be fun. At least, I think it'd be quite engaging.

I'd call it 'Champions Cricket'. You pick an international team and then have to play the top twenty other international teams in order of ranking of their strength. Until you beat them all. Maybe if you beat the best team it unlocks a World XI you have to play or an all time XI.

It could be a good way of creating something that has any ever increasing difficulty curve. You start out playing PNG and have to work your way up, beating the other teams to take on India (or whoever the top ranked side is). Could have a leaderboard where people can compare themselves to others, different difficulty levels so you get replay value (other than trying to improve you previous best).

A lot of other games you can compare how good or skilled you are to other people and having a challenge mode like this, that could be recorded in how many matches it takes you to complete, would be quite satisfying.

I think you'd need teams with hard locked player skills and line ups (specifically for this mode, so you can't just make all the teams rubbish) and hard locked difficulties (sliders would render the community comparison aspect of it pointless).

Could go one step further with an extra hard mode that when you lose you have to start again at the bottom of the ladder of teams.

Last edited:

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
While I was in the car going to buy some chicken and mulling over the many reasons sliders are bad, I thought of a mode that could be fun. At least, I think it'd be quite engaging.

I'd call it 'Champions Cricket'. You pick an international team and then have to play the top twenty other international teams in order of ranking of their strength. Until you beat them all. Maybe if you beat the best team it unlocks a World XI you have to play or an all time XI.

It could be a good way of creating something that has any ever increasing difficulty curve. You start out playing PNG and have to work your way up, beating the other teams to take on India (or whoever the top ranked side is). Could have a leaderboard where people can compare themselves to others, different difficulty levels so you get replay value (other than trying to improve you previous best).

A lot of other games you can compare how good or skilled you are to other people and having a challenge mode like this, that could be recorded in how many matches it takes you to complete would be quite satisfying.

I think you'd need teams with hard locked player skills and line ups (specifically for this mode, so you can't just make all the teams rubbish) and hard locked difficulties (sliders would render the community comparison aspect of it pointless).

Could go one step further with an extra hard mode that when you lose you have to start again at the bottom of the ladder of teams.
Stick Cricket World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread