Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Was wondering how Pakistani players could have fit in IPL teams. Shaheen instead of Parnell for RCB would have been something.
Shadab could have been great for CSK instead of Moeen maybe, and Haris Rauf intead of Pathirana. Naseem ahead of Josh Little for Gujrat.
Babar and Rizwan would probably be bench players.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was wondering how Pakistani players could have fit in IPL teams. Shaheen instead of Parnell for RCB would have been something.
Shadab could have been great for CSK instead of Moeen maybe, and Haris Rauf intead of Pathirana. Naseem ahead of Josh Little for Gujrat.

I think I did a post based on this a few years ago, may try one again now that you’ve piqued my interest.

Parnell gave away eight runs in one ball and finished the game for RCB, I reckon Shaheen would be better than that. :p

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Shadab would be good at SRH. They could use a good leg spinning all rounder.:rolleyes

Mo Wasim at MI - better than Jordan or Meredith I reckon.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think I did a post based on this a few years ago, may try one again now that you’ve piqued my interest.
That would be really interesting, although a realistic scenario would have to consider auction dynamics too

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The hate Shubman is getting is sickening! He is INDIA’s future superstar. fearsome tweak the Viratians and the Dhonians and the Rohitans! fearsome tweak all of them. Never cool to involve sisters and mothers.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I want to really really really know WHAT HAPPENED between Shubman Gill and Kolkata Knight Riders. If there is a time machine available, I would want to choose to go back and be a 'fly on the wall' and see what really transpired between them. This is a MASSIVE BLOODY loss for KKR that they didn't retain Gill. I mean yes you cant only blame the franchise since players have the power to reject retentions. But its a terrible miss. I remember Brendon McCullum (when he was KKR coach) saying that Gill was in KKR's leadership team and was earmarked for future leadership role. From there to losing him to Gujarat?

B

Bigby Wolf

Shubhman Gilll scored superbly today the ball was stopping a bit and it was not as easy it is usually in Chinnaswamy due to rain and wet ball.

But man showed his class and took the ball to the cleaners.

A bit of luck did favor to GT especially 3D man Shankar who got most of his runs behind the wicket due to edges and few mistimes from Gill as well.

Gill chased it beautifully and finished it off well with a six too.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The hate Shubman is getting is sickening! He is INDIA’s future superstar. fearsome tweak the Viratians and the Dhonians and the Rohitans! fearsome tweak all of them. Never cool to involve sisters and mothers.

Never go to that side of social media. And if by any chance you trip onto such stuff, be brutal and just BLOCK those accounts (I do that on Twitter where I get my daily dose of IPL discussions). Social media isnt as civilized as PlanetCricket and doesnt have the moderatorship that PC has.

B

Bigby Wolf

For RCB , their biggest weakness is their home ground Chinnaswamy stadium that is a freaking graveyard for bowlers and RCB have failed it repeatedly with the bowling in that venue.

In this season out of 7 wins they managed to win 3 out of 7 wins there and four away from home.

And the last 3 seasons due to COVID was played outside of that venue, RCB qualified for the playoffs

2008 - Failed to Qualify.
2009 (SA) - Finalist.
2010 - Semis.
2011 - Finalist.
2012 - Failed to qualify.
2013 - Failed to qualify.
2014 (UAE/India) - Failed to qualify.
2015 - Playoffs.
2016 - Finalist.
2017 - Failed to qualify.
2018 - Failed to qualify.
2019 - Failed to qualify.
2020 (UAE) - Playoffs
2021 (UAE/India) - Playoffs
2022 (Mumbai) - Playoffs
2023 - Failed to qualify.

So out of 12 seasons where majority of the home games where played in Chinnaswamy RCB managed to qualify for the four times.

Thats a good enough data to show to how RCB are struggling to win matches at their home venue.

You call it bad bowling, poor middle order , poor captaincy, horrible management even choking to some extent but somehow they failed to deliver in front of their home crowd when it matters the most sure their where brilliance some of Gayle's iconic innings , ABD vs Steyn, Kohli's special but collectively its a failure for them in that venue.

Its an historical or iconic venue in the history of Indian cricket and served well over the years but some for this franchise its a graveyard.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Mumbai doing a lap around their home ground. Is Rohit Sharma retiring? Going by these antics, pretty sure MI are going to be in the finals

:lol:p:rolleyes

I really dunno what to say! Well @SaiSrini , they might reach the finals, you never know.

My bet is on a CSK v MI final
Unbelievable how bad luck follows RCB. Counted 30-35 runs off edges for GT.
I was happy they got a full game. I actually thought the rains Gods wouldn't relent and that MI would go through straight away. Good that we had a contest.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it's a blessing in disguise for Ishant Sharma. In the lst few series, he has looked like a bowler who has played more than 70 test matches. For me, this is the perfect opportunity for him to go and get a county team. Just prepare himself for the next challange. I would say the same thing about Pujara. Pujara has done it in the past and there is no reason why he shouldn't do it again. They both will only get better with county experiances.
Aged well

B

Bigby Wolf

For RCB , their biggest weakness is their home ground Chinnaswamy stadium that is a freaking graveyard for bowlers and RCB have failed it repeatedly with the bowling in that venue.

In this season out of 7 wins they managed to win 3 out of 7 wins there and four away from home.

And the last 3 seasons due to COVID was played outside of that venue, RCB qualified for the playoffs

2008 - Failed to Qualify.
2009 (SA) - Finalist.
2010 - Semis.
2011 - Finalist.
2012 - Failed to qualify.
2013 - Failed to qualify.
2014 (UAE/India) - Failed to qualify.
2015 - Playoffs.
2016 - Finalist.
2017 - Failed to qualify.
2018 - Failed to qualify.
2019 - Failed to qualify.
2020 (UAE) - Playoffs
2021 (UAE/India) - Playoffs
2022 (Mumbai) - Playoffs
2023 - Failed to qualify.

So out of 12 seasons where majority of the home games where played in Chinnaswamy RCB managed to qualify for the four times.

Thats a good enough data to show to how RCB are struggling to win matches at their home venue.

You call it bad bowling, poor middle order , poor captaincy, horrible management even choking to some extent but somehow they failed to deliver in front of their home crowd when it matters the most sure their where brilliance some of Gayle's iconic innings , ABD vs Steyn, Kohli's special but collectively its a failure for them in that venue.

Its an historical or iconic venue in the history of Indian cricket and served well over the years but some for this franchise its a graveyard.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Aren't the BCCI in charge of pitches now ?(I believe that's a change, might be wrong). So, home advantage less irrelevant - beyond dimensions and trends for the ground. The strongest teams have just risen to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread