2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Really like the squads they've picked for the Afghanistan series and Asia Cup with the final WC squad potentially outlined. IMO, only one spot up for grabs and the rest of team + bench looks very settled.

All blabber about instability aside, we may actually win this thing if we don't make a habit out of choking. Very weird being cautiously optimistic as a Pakistan fan.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If this World Cup was in another country, Hardik Pandya would have already complained about the schedule changes.
But then again, Pandya won't be playing all games. Plus, you forget the fact that current Indian players require rest after just playing 2-3 games. Pandya would be expected to step up and captain a few matches- possibly v Afghanistan, Netherlands, etc. He wouldn't complain under such circumstances. Add to the fact that some games are in Ahmedabad- he would be expecting to e treated as MSD is, in Chennai!

Edit: He isnt the official vice-captain for the CWC, but I am expecting India to field no less than 4 captains for this mega-Cup

Rohit: Aus Eng, Pak
KLR: NZ, SA
Pandya: Afg, Ned
Bumrah: Ban, Srl

B

Bigby Wolf

But then again, Pandya won't be playing all games. Plus, you forget the fact that current Indian players require rest after just playing 2-3 games. Pandya would be expected to step up and captain a few matches- possibly v Afghanistan, Netherlands, etc. He wouldn't complain under such circumstances. Add to the fact that some games are in Ahmedabad- he would be expecting to e treated as MSD is, in Chennai!

Edit: He isnt the official vice-captain for the CWC, but I am expecting India to field no less than 4 captains for this mega-Cup

Rohit: Aus Eng, Pak
KLR: NZ, SA
Pandya: Afg, Ned
Bumrah: Ban, Srl
jim-carrey-yes-sir.gif

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
4 is a bit too much- I agree. But we will see the vice-captain in action vs Afghanistan(provided we dont lose v Aus) and Netherlands for sure!

Are you really suggesting that the captain of the side is going to ‘rest’ himself in a WC match?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Are you really suggesting that the captain of the side is going to ‘rest’ himself in a WC match?
Yes! Trust me on this one.

The captain will be forced to rest vs Afghanistan (if we win v Australia).

If India crash out, he will be rested vs Netherlands. If India make it to the semis, he will be rested so that he is fit!

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Yes! Trust me on this one.

The captain will be forced to rest vs Afghanistan (if we win v Australia).

If India crash out, he will be rested vs Netherlands. If India make it to the semis, he will be rested so that he is fit!
Well then why didn't a situation like this occur in 2019?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Really like the squads they've picked for the Afghanistan series and Asia Cup with the final WC squad potentially outlined. IMO, only one spot up for grabs and the rest of team + bench looks very settled.

All blabber about instability aside, we may actually win this thing if we don't make a habit out of choking. Very weird being cautiously optimistic as a Pakistan fan.
Shan Masood out, there is a God after all.
So this is the final squad

Imam :bat:
Fakhar :bat:
Shafique/Tahir :bat:

Babar :bat:
Rizwan :wkb:

Agha :ar: ROS
Iftikhar :ar: ROS
Haris :wkb:

Shadab :ar:
Nawaz :ar:

Shaheen :ar:
Naseem :bwl:
Rauf :bwl:
Wasim Jr. :bwl:

Mir :ar:

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Imam :bat:
Fakhar :bat:
Shafique/Tahir :bat:

Babar :bat:
Rizwan :wkb:

Agha :ar: ROS
Iftikhar :ar: ROS
Haris :wkb:

Shadab :ar:
Nawaz :ar:

Shaheen :ar:
Naseem :bwl:
Rauf :bwl:
Wasim Jr. :bwl:

Mir :ar:
There is no way Tahir makes it ahead of Shafique despite the hundred in the final. I think, since Tahir's a middle-order batter, he's probably competing with Iftikhar and Salman for that spot. Abdullah on the other hand, should be locked-in as the third opener. Don't think Faheem, Shakeel and whoever gets left out of the 16 above are going to the WC. If they are; they're probably the three traveling reserves. And I'd argue picking Imad Wasim instead of either Shakeel or (likely to be) Tahir.

And I think that is honestly the best squad they could've picked. Only thing missing here is Shoaib Malik, but we can't have everything in life.

Users who are viewing this thread