Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Ideally one shouldn't be reviewing this game at all as there is nothing to review as a new element from the previous games. Surprised that it got 5/10 rating and BAS needs to step up to fix it or call it off completely as nothing better will yield if they go this route again!

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I am pretty sure they will be giving up on this after 2/3 weeks and then come back after few months to drop licensed photogrammetry stuff.

They have realized this by now that it’s more work fixing this than to write from scratch or may be they developed a different game and were about to release that in June but after AFL disaster they decided to tweak less buggy C22 and add license to that while working on the newer build as a next cricket title.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I am pretty sure they will be giving up on this after 2/3 weeks and then come back after few months to drop licensed photogrammetry stuff.

They have realized this by now that it’s more work fixing this than to write from scratch or may be they developed a different game and were about to release that in June but after AFL disaster they decided to tweak less buggy C22 and add license to that while working on the newer build as a next cricket title.
I can’t see there being a next cricket title from BA after this I reckon sales on C22 will be 1/2 and that’s after aiming for the India/pakistan market with the licensing and push towards short format gameplay and players

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
This base engine which they keep working on should be scrapped. Thry should use the feedbacks from the last 3-4 games and write something fresh going one step at a time. Gameplay should be the basic of the game. Pretty sure the community would support them wholeheartedly with a game that has lesser features but solid gameplay.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I can't believe that the faces of licensed players looks worse than many of your own creations despite them having the tech to make it much better whilst you do it off Photoshop with images from the internet.
BA are too lazy. Half the licensed players in C22 and now in C24 are shoddy copy jobs of @wasteyouryouth's playfaces anyway. Not to mention the out of date stuff as well like Devon Conway still using a GM bat despite having been using TON for the past year of so. Same thing with Phil Salt and many other players who have since switched bat sponsors. Adding restrictions to editing licensed players is one the many worse things about this game aside from the other game breaking bugs.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
For commentary they need a rewrite the stuff and let it remain simple and reactive like if it’s a four on the offside let the commentator call it’s a four on the offside , if it’s a wicket due to nick , let commentator calls it , while the rest of the commentary should be based banter between commentators about events happened in the past and have lots of these chit chats to talk about , also if it’s possible have commentators giving players analysis if a player has scored a 50 or century again it should be reactive by looking at players scoring areas , more commentators can see the player’s weaknesses and strong areas and have a chit chat about it and what bowlers should do to that particular batsmen. All very basic stuff and hard to not get it right.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do hope code masters or EA sport release their amazing cricket games again. People would shut up and appreciate what BA is doing

Ah yes the appreciation of a buggy product that is barely a step-up from the previous release that is also priced at AAA standards… :rolleyes

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

If they abandon the game now,Big ant will loose all their reputation and goodwill.This sort of releases make or break a game studio.TBH i ll be worried if i was a rugby fan,i think they might have to delay rugby game a bit further.
The ign review will send alarm bells ringing

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In all seriousness, a score of 5 is quite bad by gaming standards. Push it any lower and you’d get into borderline unplayable territory which this isn’t thankfully for those who took one for the team.
Post automatically merged:

If they abandon the game now,Big ant will loose all their reputation and goodwill.This sort of releases make or break a game studio.TBH i ll be worried if i was a rugby fan,i think they might have to delay rugby game a bit further.
The ign review will send alarm bells ringing

And so the circle and cycle of life continues…

Users who are viewing this thread