Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yes thats exactly where i am.

Think i might still hold off for now wait for what the next few patches bring, if they even make any sort of meaningful difference, unlike todays which essentially did little to nothing about the core problems.
I actually really want to get it but BA are giving me too many reasons not to at the moment.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well you wouldnt want it turning square day one...but then you say you had it heavily cracked and day 5 status from the off.

Maybe its hard coded under the hood to simply turn very little early in the game...or maybe im giving BA way too much credit there and its just another one of the many gazillions of bugs.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit more realistic in that it only turns now and again. However the fact that the AI knows it will turn so instead hits the leggie on the offside. I did get one outside edge to slip (but it hadn't turned) but the slip didn't dive for it. Next ball I tried to bowl the same ball to see if the computer had decided it was time for a dismissal, and again no turn but it edged to slip - out.
The next time it turned the batter tried to flick it on the onside and missed but I missed the wickets just. However next ball the player made the same shot and as it didn't turn the drift took it crashing into the middle stump.

I will say though that the drift my spinner is getting now is great. If the ball would turn a bit more often and the quality of the ball bowled resulted in the wickets being demolished it would be great but it's not; its purely about the AI deciding its time and playing a silly shot.

PS ball onto foot and caught at shortleg is still a thing. I did get one that was pad onto bat which is fine. Also had one where ball hits bat then pad. If they could keep those but dump the boot thing then the game would be improved

Karachi

Associate Captain
I actually really want to get it but BA are giving me too many reasons not to at the moment.

I have been hoping since C22 that BA would fix the crowd audio and make it more excitement but now I believe they have no interest in it. Its a shame. Perhaps, crowd excitement would have convinced me to buy it.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'll keep banging away about keepers.. hates a strong word.. but I hate them!!!!
On 22 I immediately throw the controller at the poor cat and have to go outside and rip some paving stones up.

Id rather they just didn’t show me the wicket.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
More I play the more these FOUR - SIX cricket 24 blue screen cut scenes have to go. They are killing the feel of the game
It is also so long that the main part of replay gets consumed lol

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I see the skin showing through shirt when you have popped collar has been brought back after being patched out of C22. What a joy this is

Users who are viewing this thread