Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a big shout out to the members here who I know are having a lot of input in getting this game better. Without your work we wouldn't be getting the progress we are. Keep at it and keep pushing for those things we need.

I know for a fact that all the previous titles would have been much worse than they were without the dedicated and time-consuming silent work a relative small group of members have given to the benefit of many. Gods work you are doing.

You know who you are.

Thanks.

Seconded. Doing all of this out of love for the sport after paying for the game so that others can enjoy a better experience takes special dedication.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
@MattW ...After the latest patch, there have been significant improvements in the gameplay aspects of fielding and wicketkeeping. However, there is a real need for enhancement in terms of animations. Specifically, BA should consider implementing proper animations for actions like fast stumping, fielder throws, and more realistic sliding (at present, it appears as if the fielders are sliding on ice surface) . To address this, introducing new animations tailored for actions like quicker throws, rather than just fast-forwarding existing animations, would greatly enhance the overall gaming experience.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
@MattW ...After the latest patch, there have been significant improvements in the gameplay aspects of fielding and wicketkeeping. However, there is a real need for enhancement in terms of animations. Specifically, BA should consider implementing proper animations for actions like fast stumping, fielder throws, and more realistic sliding (at present, it appears as if the fielders are sliding on ice surface) . To address this, introducing new animations tailored for actions like quicker throws, rather than just fast-forwarding existing animations, would greatly enhance the overall gaming experience.
Playing a few games and there is no blending between fielding animations, especially when a player dives and you don't tap back. I'd also like to see in the direct hit mini game a more powerful throwing animation, something like in this compilation!

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wish they would fix the sidestep shuffle that allows the ball to go past them.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Played the first two sessions of an Ashes Series, bowled first for an easy achievement and have had a blast. (All medium settings, no sliders)

It's clear to see a lot of progress has been made very quickly with this game and I'm far more confident in where this will end up compared to Cricket 22.

Wickets taken were two lovely LBWs off inswingers, bowled was an edge onto the arm then the stumps, caught behind was inside edge off an average delivery and the three run outs were all suicidal runs to the infield, so there's work to be done there, as is the sidestepping still present on a few occasions.

Once I get used to bowling again and timing the different actions those extras are going to come down, but I've felt I've been able to keep the pressure on each batsman apart from with Woakes whose action I've struggled with, so they've targeted him to their cost.

Must also say I love the minimal score HUD, but I'd love a pop up post delivery if you have timing feedback on, plus some stats showing on occasion so you know figures and batting totals. I might have to compile a full list of issues/nitpicks/positives once I've played a bit more, but things are definitely trending upwards.

Attachments

• aa3c210b-cbe7-4428-baf1-9724ea912c45.png
    aa3c210b-cbe7-4428-baf1-9724ea912c45.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 26

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Server still going down for me.Starts downloading then after a while says server not available try later.Only trying to upgrade the county championship teams

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My money is on Thailand if they've got Tamim Iqbal and a load of his Bangladesh mates playing.
Apparently Bangladesh cricket board is so bad that players shifted to Thailand to play.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
how do you bowl faster or slower balls with a spinner using pro controls? Like with fast bowlers L2 is slow, R2 is fast.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Cricket 24 is best cricket game sofar after the latest patch keeper is fast to stump .. very improvd game .. !!

handsome

International Coach
Purchased the game after the many fixes/patches and had the best cricket game I've ever played.
IPL Match between Mumbai and Gujarat.
Playing as Mumbai, I got to 221/4 at Wankhede with Rohit top scoring 80(46)

AI was chasing well, and needed 100 from 48 balls, eventually came very close and Mumbai won by 3 runs.

It was realistic, the commentary was more or less on point. Wankhede Stadium looked amazing

Nitpicks

1. If the crowd could understand home/away support
2. Commentators could add game situation-based commentary.
3. The fielders throw the ball very quickly and hit the stumps very often. ( Which shouldn't be a tough fix)

manan19995

Club Cricketer
What's the status of online gameplay?
i am going to buy it after seeing improved and positive feedback.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
If PSL is licensed, why don't we have the correct uniforms for the teams? I know PK faces are going to be scanned when they visit australia, any word on when / if we'll expect the correct kits for PSL?
Post automatically merged:

What's the status of online gameplay?
i am going to buy it after seeing improved and positive feedback.

Online play has been good so far, wish they would add 2 v 2 though

Users who are viewing this thread