India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Instead of Ishanth in a one day or T20 side, I'd go with Praveen Kumar (He is in the squad, I presume?). Ishanth bowls far too many no-balls and can be erratic at times. No balls lead to free hits, which are just not tolerable in the international game.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Instead of Ishanth in a one day or T20 side, I'd go with Praveen Kumar (He is in the squad, I presume?). Ishanth bowls far too many no-balls and can be erratic at times. No balls lead to free hits, which are just not tolerable in the international game.

But Ishant provides valuable pace, I reckon Praveen Kumar would get hammered round the park by Hayden, he loves those sort of pace bowlers...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

In Australia, only accuracy is not important. Pace along with accuracy is important. All these guys are such good batsmen that they use the slow pace to adjust themselves quickly to any accuracy and then smash the ball easily.

Ishant will be knowing that no-balls will hurt him in the ODI's and if given the chance, he will work on it and try to avoid it. He has pace, bounce, swing, and immaculate length. He is an ideal fast bowler for India

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Brett Lee bowled 37 no balls in this series, compared to 18 by Ishant Sharma, and bowled in just one more game than him. I think both will be cutting down their no-balls in the ODI arena--especially since they probably won't be bowling long spells.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
In Australia, only accuracy is not important. Pace along with accuracy is important. All these guys are such good batsmen that they use the slow pace to adjust themselves quickly to any accuracy and then smash the ball easily.

To be honest, if we're only talking ODIs, you can forgo a fair bit of accuracy, but I wouldn't stop with just pace and accuracy. Even excellent bowlers such as Stuart Clark (albeit not terribly fast, but he reaches 140) have struggled with ODI situations. Being able to create variations is key. Something that separated McGrath from Pollock was his greater ability to come up with a deception. Similarly, you have bowlers such as Vaas and Bracken who have mastered both swing bowling and the use of cutters.

The charm of express pace bowlers is not only sheer pace, but they can create greater variance in pace, not to mention that when a good fast ball swings, it swings late. When the ball isn't doing much, players like Lee and Tait can still get their bouncer to nip up high and create a chance from nothing, of course, not that you need that much pace to bowl a good bouncer.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why has Munaf been called up as a backup ?
Man,he has no pace ,no penatration,then why call him ?

Secondly...Manoj Tiwary will be a good choice as a reserve for Yuvraj.Lets see what happens....

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Calling Munaf in to the side is going three steps backwards.

If the top batsmen can be dropped on the basis of poor fielding, then this move to bring back one of the worst fielders of Indian cricket is a pathetic selection :mad:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
May be Chopra deserves some chances. I watched him bat in tests the last time India visited Australia. He was solid and made sure that India did not loose quick wickets with the new ball but did not seems that he was going to get a big score. May be he did what he was told ie to see off the new ball.

If you thaught Dravid was slow on the tour, he would have made Dravid look like slogger out there.

Why has Munaf been called up as a backup ?
Man,he has no pace ,no penatration,then why call him ?

Secondly...Manoj Tiwary will be a good choice as a reserve for Yuvraj.Lets see what happens....

Munaf is the worst fielder ever in sport. If selectors wanted good fielding side then he would be last man to be considered.

But Ishant provides valuable pace, I reckon Praveen Kumar would get hammered round the park by Hayden, he loves those sort of pace bowlers...

Praveen Kumar will be handy on Australian pitches. Plus he gives additional batting strength. I reckon both Ishant and Praveen will play. Unless Sree is given a go (:noway).

Is Sachin playing the 20/20? Why?

Why not? He will be devastating.

Last edited:

babar naeem

School Cricketer
whats wrong wit england

tru india have variety but its the selectors choice

Last edited:

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
This should be the team for the 20/20 Guise:

Jaques
Gilchrist
D. Hussey
Symonds
Clarke
Voges
Haddin
Hogg/White/Young spinner
Lee/Hilfenhaus
Bracken
Clark

With Ponting, Hussey, and Hayden rested. I would even be tempted to rest Lee and bring in Hilfenaus.

Captaincy could go two ways. Gilchrist in his last 20/20 or Clarke for the future. Either way I would have one as captain and the other as vice.

This team could easily get beaten given the nature of the game, but who cares anymore. We need to build toward a viable future.

Other candidates would include Pomersbach and maybe Rogers.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This should be the team for the 20/20 Guise:

Jaques
Gilchrist
D. Hussey
Symonds
Clarke
Voges
Haddin
Hogg/White/Young spinner
Lee/Hilfenhaus
Bracken
Clark

With Ponting, Hussey, and Hayden rested. I would even be tempted to rest Lee and bring in Hilfenaus.

Captaincy could go two ways. Gilchrist in his last 20/20 or Clarke for the future. Either way I would have one as captain and the other as vice.

This team could easily get beaten given the nature of the game, but who cares anymore. We need to build toward a viable future.

Other candidates would include Pomersbach and maybe Rogers.

I can assure you neither Ponting or Haydos will be rested.

Lineups will be :

Gillchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin/white
Hogg
Lee
Johnson
Clark/Hilfenhaus/Bracken

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Why won't Hayden or Ponting be rested? They were rested against New Zealand. Hmm, maybe because of this competitivness factor considering India are the world champions?

Also in 20/20 I think it would be wise to push Symonds up to 4 to maximise the amount of opportunity given.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why won't Hayden or Ponting be rested? They were rested against New Zealand. Hmm, maybe because of this competitivness factor considering India are the world champions?

Also in 20/20 I think it would be wise to push Symonds up to 4 to maximise the amount of opportunity given.
Yeah, they had him in at 3 last 20/20 - but was pushed down to 4.

Bring in Pommers!

International Coach
not a very bright decision by the selectors bringing munaf back,giveing someone like tyagi a chance would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread