Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Regarding Sehwag, I will have to be honest that I was not a fan of his drop, nor was I a fan of his selection ahead of Gambhir or Chopra. I did rate him higher than Jaffer though.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have been crying for ages that The Monk should have been in the Test team and not in the ODI team. I hope a poor ODI series doesn't throw mud in the eyes of the selectors all over again.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Munaf Patel is joining the squad after the Duleep Trophy match to replace RP Singh, who will be out for two weeks.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Munaf Patel is joining the squad after the Duleep Trophy match to replace RP Singh, who will be out for two weeks.
That's what I expected. So we're looking at Irfan, Sreesanth and Munaf as our pacers. I'm a little worried. :/ At least we have Piyush. :happy

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
He's on standby according to the Cricinfo article on the squads, along with Manoj Tiwary and Munaf Patel.

IMO, thats a shame because I was looking forward to seeing him batting, because of his hard hitting ablility in Domestic Cricket. And, yes I know international cricket is different from DC.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
IMO, thats a shame because I was looking forward to seeing him batting, because of his hard hitting ablility in Domestic Cricket. And, yes I know international cricket is different from DC.
He's going to get his chance, I feel. He has really risen into the selectors eyes over the last few months and I think he will eventually make his way to Aus at some point at the expense of some injured player (possibly Sachin). I think he may just be ahead of Tiwary in the pecking order, as well, having played in the Twenty20 World Cup.

Manohar

Club Cricketer
Regarding Sehwag, I will have to be honest that I was not a fan of his drop, nor was I a fan of his selection ahead of Gambhir or Chopra. I did rate him higher than Jaffer though.

Here are the statistics for the Indian openers in Tests.

Tests Runs HS 100s 50s Average
Sehwag 53 4358 309 13 12 50.7
Gambir 14 692 139 1 3 33.0
A. Chopra10 437 60 0 2 23.0
W. Jaffer 28 1818 212 5 10 35.0
D. Karthik19 931 129 1 7 32.1

May be Chopra deserves some chances. I watched him bat in tests the last time India visited Australia. He was solid and made sure that India did not loose quick wickets with the new ball but did not seems that he was going to get a big score. May be he did what he was told ie to see off the new ball.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
who would rate India a better team than SA or is SA a better team than India ?????

South Africans are sometimes too aggressive, and can play into your hands easily. India are sometimes too defensive, and can turn potential winning situations into draws or defeats. Not much to seperate them. India have been as good at home these days as ever, and their overseas record is getting better and better. I rate India higher than SA (not just becoz I am Indian).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On to the Twenty20 match, now. RP's injury may mean that Munaf comes in to the squad. I would go with the following XI for the Twenty20 game:

1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Gautam Gambhir
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Rohit Sharma
6. MS Dhoni
7. Robin Uthappa
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Piyush Chawla
10. Praveen Kumar
11. Santhkumaran Sreesanth

Tendulkar unbalances the championship-winning line-up, but I think he will probably get a taste of Twenty20 once and for all. We also bat down to number 10 in the above line-up which is pretty awesome. RP's injury is quite concerning though.

Is Sachin playing the 20/20? Why?

If Sachin has to play, then I will drop Sharma and go with Uthappa. Uthappa's style of batting, and his aggression is absolutely required. Sharma might look a better fielder, but Uthappa is a fantastic fielder himself. Uthappa, Yuvraj and Dhoni share a great rapport and they should play together. But I dont mind Sachin not playing. Let him rest for god's sake. Play our world cup winning team (how nice it sounds!).

I have been crying for ages that The Monk should have been in the Test team and not in the ODI team. I hope a poor ODI series doesn't throw mud in the eyes of the selectors all over again.

If he succeeds in the ODI's, would be good for him and more importantly, for India. When Sachin and the seniors go, Sehwag would be the guy who can give the team that much need experience when we start blooding more youngsters as we look to build for 2011. I am hoping for this restrained Sehwag to continue in the ODI's (where he thrashes only the balls that are absolutely necessary). Sehwag should transition into the role of Sachin where he builds first and then goes for the shots.

That's what I expected. So we're looking at Irfan, Sreesanth and Munaf as our pacers. I'm a little worried. :/ At least we have Piyush. :happy

Oh god! I dont want Munaf.

Ishant is there with the squad for the 20/20 and the ODI's right. Why not blood him? He has had success in the tests, and he might be confident and must be feeling good abt himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread