Cricket 24 - General Discussion

The IPL Patch which is expected to update the player likeliness is not out yet and the League itself is finished.. Pathetic to say the least
The PSL is long done and only 2/6 teams have kits, with no likenesses.

New Zealand have no licensed domestic kits or likenesses and the national side have their 2022 kits and 2019 playfaces.

And in England Luke Wells has hair.

The PSL is long done and only 2/6 teams have kits, with no likenesses.

New Zealand have no licensed domestic kits or likenesses and the national side have their 2022 kits and 2019 playfaces.

And in England Luke Wells has hair.
This is the thing that really gets me annoyed. You have all these teams that are meant to be licensed but BA are not applying them to the teams? To me that is a big waste. How hard is it to get the players photos and work from that instead of asking them to come to their studio. Many great users here have made great players without the players being invited to their house and also making amazing Kits . I wish BA can sort this out. :facepalm

Last edited:
This is the thing that really gets me annoyed. You have all these teams that are meant to be licensed but BA are not applying them to the teams? To me that is a big waste. How hard is it to get the players photos and work from that instead of asking them to come to their studio. Many great users here have made great players without the players being invited to their house and also making amazing Kits . I wish BA can sort this out. :facepalm
i always believe as a middle aged person in 40's owned all BA games that Licensing without player likeness and similar batting , bowling action animations is waste of money and time for the Studio as well as the fans. Instead its better to focus on gameplay improvement and bug fixes.

i always believe as a middle aged person in 40's owned all BA games that Licensing without player likeness and similar batting , bowling action animations is waste of money and time for the Studio as well as the fans. Instead its better to focus on gameplay improvement and bug fixes.
For sure:thumbs. Having a top playable game is high on the list always. But if you have licenses at least use them especially for the kits alone.

Sony has announced Cricket 24 is coming for "free" for PS Plus (extra and premium) subscribers from 5th June.

Look we have to be a bit more pragmatic about this. We don't have a big studio like EA or Codemasters making cricket games so we're lucky to even get a quality relatively licensed game.

I just want the sound improved, I am no expert but it shouldn't be a giga massive task right but the impact on immersion would be so worth it.

Look we have to be a bit more pragmatic about this. We don't have a big studio like EA or Codemasters making cricket games so we're lucky to even get a quality relatively licensed game.

I just want the sound improved, I am no expert but it shouldn't be a giga massive task right but the impact on immersion would be so worth it.
If they can assure only “relative” quality then the pricing of the game should have been relative as well. That’s my opinion

If they can assure only “relative” quality then the pricing of the game should have been relative as well. That’s my opinion

Well licences don’t come for free. They have to keep the prices high so that they recover the money they invested given the amount of cricket game buyers are pretty less.

Well licences don’t come for free. They have to keep the prices high so that they recover the money they invested given the amount of cricket game buyers are pretty less.
That's what I meant too. If they are going to charge AAA price, they have to keep the quality of a AAA title. The state of release of Cricket 24 was poor, so was Cricket 22. We don't mind paying but it should be worth the money.

That's what I meant too. If they are going to charge AAA price, they have to keep the quality of a AAA title. The state of release of Cricket 24 was poor, so was Cricket 22. We don't mind paying but it should be worth the money.

Nobody wants to release any product in such states. Developing games is a very difficult job specially the cricket game where there are so many things to take care of. Not sure what’s going wrong at BA but they are definitely working hard to care of these things.

Nobody wants to release any product in such states. Developing games is a very difficult job specially the cricket game where there are so many things to take care of. Not sure what’s going wrong at BA but they are definitely working hard to care of these things.
They should do proper QA or release a beta. I am pretty sure most people in this forum would be more than happy to test their products. Instead they advertise licensing to attract people and not release a gameplay footage pre-launch. What is going wrong at BA is their tight schedule of releasing too many games within a small timeframe. It is mostly not their fault since Nacon must have the final say in it.

The biggest plus is having licensed stadiums which makes the game look so much better compared to user created stadiums. Licensing is good but need proper bug fixes and good batting animations. They could not include back foot pull shoot for a spinner or a proper animation for a slog sweep for the past 10 years... I think BA is going to take another 4-6 years to include all the basic stuff. It is like you`re paying 3K-4K every alternate year for every title until we have a proper game or until BA stops making cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread