T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

Naveen’s dropped the Ashes.
Post automatically merged:

My thoughts exactly! Farooqi might bowl the last one, but I am surprised that they weren't used. Do you think it could have been on account of taking the pace of the delivery there?

It’s a bit weird isn’t it? Unless Farooqi isn’t fully fit…

Wicket & Rain!

The irony that BD was ahead by 1 run just before that wicket! The wicket falling means a change in DLS and now BD are 3 runs behind!

Sa v Afg is the semi-final!

Bangladesh should be ashamed of themselves and remove each and every player. Horrible team, horrible players, horrible attitude

Great game of Cricket - Australia will have a lot of thinking to do - Warner, Stoinis, Wadey are done - Marsh captaincy will also come in question (See y'all in the SF)

Bangladesh should have made a clear plan on how to approach the target. Either try and push for it in the powerplay and then reevaluate based on wickets lost or if they wanted to be pantomime villains play methodically to win at the end.

They’ve been caught in no man’s land.

Bangladesh should have made a clear plan on how to approach the target. Either try and push for it in the powerplay and then reevaluate based on wickets lost or if they wanted to be pantomime villains play methodically to win at the end.

They’ve been caught in no man’s land.
They need to revaluate their approach to the entire game. Not playing as per the situation demands has become a trademark of their cricket over the years. For BD, the main aim seems to be beating sides they have already beaten once in a blue moon.

They have a morbid fascination that they can bring down India or South Africa, based off their 2007 turnarounds. They cannot simply rely on those glory days any more. Lot more introspection is required here.

As I mentioned previously, baffles me why they wouldnt go for the target and instead be happy with a mere win. Also, their strategy changed throughout the chase. Every time it rained, they had a different take. The World Cup isnt only about being crowned Asia's 2nd best- tbh, had they won this game, I still wouldn't call them Asia's 2nd best team.

They need to revaluate their approach to the entire game. Not playing as per the situation demands has become a trademark of their cricket over the years. For BD, the main aim seems to be beating sides they have already beaten once in a blue moon.

They have a morbid fascination that they can bring down India or South Africa, based off their 2007 turnarounds. They cannot simply rely on those glory days any more. Lot more introspection is required here.

As I mentioned previously, baffles me why they wouldnt go for the target and instead be happy with a mere win. Also, their strategy changed throughout the chase. Every time it rained, they had a different take. The World Cup isnt only about being crowned Asia's 2nd best- tbh, had they won this game, I still wouldn't call them Asia's 2nd best team.

Fully agree. It’s ridiculous that they’re completely wasting away the careers of multiple players.

I feel like Rashid deserved the player of the match award. His overs were what changed the game and his captaincy was vital. Not to mention that his three sixes ended up being pivotal too.

Users who are viewing this thread