ODI
Overrated - Jadeja
Underrated - Siraj

T20
Overrated - Pant
Underrated - Natarajan

He is a test failure IMO, so far.

No way.

He’s one of the best test openers in the current era that has been extremely unfriendly to openers. I’d agree if he never had his second chance as an opener (which I was also against at that time) but he’s backed that up and his record prior to that was not a complete failure either given his strong home record.

Since he’s started opening, only two players average more than him in Jaiswal (who still hasn’t been fully tested) and Karunaratne. The opportunity cost with Rohit may be a point of contention but I’d say that thirty tests averaging fifty plus as an opener is a good return at the end of the day.

No way.

He’s one of the best test openers in the current era that has been extremely unfriendly to openers. I’d agree if he never had his second chance as an opener (which I was also against at that time) but he’s backed that up and his record prior to that was not a complete failure either given his strong home record.

Since he’s started opening, only two players average more than him in Jaiswal (who still hasn’t been fully tested) and Karunaratne. The opportunity cost with Rohit may be a point of contention but I’d say that thirty tests averaging fifty plus as an opener is a good return at the end of the day.
Wrong stats bulk of Rohit's runs came in his favourable subcontinent conditions, even Usman Khawaja has more runs than him playing all over the world with missing 2021, I agree he is not a failure, but he is overrated, like some people are calling him as all format great with 4k runs and 12 tons with 6 tons coming as opener in last 4 years, he is overrated in tests cricket IMO.

Screenshot_20240715-115735-779.pngScreenshot_20240715-115827-186.png

this man cannot be rated any lower atm, can't even make his psl team. how is he overrated?
He was overrated when Pakistan continuously pushed for his case in middle order and even selected him in a t20 World Cup squad

Users who are viewing this thread