13 Feb - India vs Australia - Warmup

i don't see why the best spinner in the world ATM , Mr.Graeme Swann wouldn't do the same to the Indian batsmen with Sehwag in special who struggled bigtime against the likes of Jason Krejza !

Well well

a) The best spinner tag didn't help Warne and Muralitharan to do any better in Indian pitches so Swann is no different :p.

b) Indian batsmen face spin much better than England batsmen do.

And btw i guess you missed the plundering Sehwag gave to Krejza :p.

--

Also I agree with Sai on the hype Swann is getting. He had a brilliant 2010 but that was just 1 season he is yet to prove himself to be one of the best.

Anything that you can bet on can be fixed. It doesn't matter whether it's a World Cup final or a dead rubber between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Never mind the spinners, England's threat against India is Stuart Broad bowling 4-5 short balls an over.

With Sachin back, we should be able to deal with that comfortably;). Even then, it really sucks how other Indian Batsman struggle against it in ODI. If you can't play short ball then just leave it. Its a ODI, bowler is not gonna bowl more than 1 bouncer. Then play normally.

The trouble is that international bowlers can bowl consistently at the chest and they're not restricted from it.

I dont expect most of the fast bowlers to trouble Indian batsmen with the short ball in the subcontinent because of the pace and bounce here. If you consistently bowl it short, they will smack you out because the pace is slow and it wont get up too much. And the Indians know it and will feel more confident about it. India always takes time to get used to new conditions (they are just off a tour to SA where the pitches were radically different with much more pace and bounce). Hopefully by the time we start the main game, all of them should be adjusted back to Indian wickets.

Attacking fast bowling may unsettle the Indian batsmen even on subcontinental tracks. Our top order crumbled and fell against the likes of Lee, Bollinger, and Hastings in the game versus Australia. Even Sehwag, the person on whom we have all pinned our hopes, looked extremely shaky towards the start. The thing that goes in India's favour is that we have immense batting depth. If the top order collapses, there is always adequate firepower in the middle and lower order to hold fort and retaliate.

Last edited:
I don't think there's much wrong with Yusuf's shot selection, but in his ungainly style of always trying for a six, he will get out to it at times, like any of his big shots, really. He bats down the order anyway. If he's got to bat for 30 overs, then India are in strife already. I think Gambhir and Yuvraj looked the worst and it's also a bigger problem.

I dont expect most of the fast bowlers to trouble Indian batsmen with the short ball in the subcontinent because of the pace and bounce here. If you consistently bowl it short, they will smack you out because the pace is slow and it wont get up too much. And the Indians know it and will feel more confident about it. India always takes time to get used to new conditions (they are just off a tour to SA where the pitches were radically different with much more pace and bounce). Hopefully by the time we start the main game, all of them should be adjusted back to Indian wickets.

If that where the case then Australia could never have bounced out Sehwag in the recent test series.

If that where the case then Australia could never have bounced out Sehwag in the recent test series.
They never did bounce out Sehwag. To be honest, he looked good in that series but just couldn't convert his starts into big scores.

And coming to the short the deliveries, the only time he got out by a short one in that series was in the second inning of the first match when he hooked Hilfenhaus on 33 or 34 and was caught at deep fine leg.

Gambhir is looking clueless at the crease in last few matches. He need to sort it out in next match or Kohli should take is place at number 3. I wont Yuvraj and Raina as they are best players we have for lower middle order. Gambhir is not much of a slogger so he wont be useful down the order.

Gambhir is looking clueless at the crease in last few matches. He need to sort it out in next match or Kohli should take is place at number 3. I wont Yuvraj and Raina as they are best players we have for lower middle order. Gambhir is not much of a slogger so he wont be useful down the order.
You don't need Gambhir in the team? Wow, to be honest he is the only Indian batsman with a sound head on his shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread