16 Feb - India vs New Zealand - Warmup

Well seriously i was not expecting this kind of performance from Chawla i still remember that Kitply cup match against Pakistan where younis and other Pakistani players hammered him all around the park

That was back then!!! This time fortunes have changed and lets see who will smash him around for 6 + rpo

Well seriously i was not expecting this kind of performance from Chawla i still remember that Kitply cup match against Pakistan where younis and other Pakistani players hammered him all around the park

looks like the county stint really helped him out

Spinners are giving headaches to Dhoni. :p Harbhajan is certain. Piyush and Ashwin both are bowling so damn well. The way Ashwin troubled Taylor was just awesome. He was clueless. Ideally i would like to have all the 3 spinners in the team as Nehra and Munaf both are crap. But IMO this would be lineup for the first match

Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Pathan
Chawla
Bhajji
Zaheer
Sreesanth.

Posted via Mobile Device

No way will Kohli be out :) He is in the team to win the World Cup. Pathan definitely misses out as he has not bowled a bit in the 2 warm ups. Yuvi will fill his boots of bowling part timers

Dhoni MOTM as its an India match

Perfect Practice we got before our 1st match

We should not stack up our side with spinners against Bangladesh. Against England & SA, that would be a good ploy. We must play two spinners + two pacers against Bangladesh. When we play 3 spinners, we have to play Virat Kohli if we need a medium pace opening bowler (we dont have Ganguly anymore). Or we open the bowling with Ashwin who has done it for Chennai Super Kings in the IPL (but its a risk because in IPL, the powerplay is only 6 overs, in ODI's its 15 overs if we include the bowling side's 5 overs that they take immediately).

Awesome batting from Dhoni, Raina and Kohli. Kohli is making it so tough for the team to drop him. If I were Dhoni, I would pick Kohli over Yuvraj. Yuvraj's batting form has been very edgy. Just because his bowling has improved, why should he be permanent because he has a reputation? For part time bowling options, we have Yusuf Pathan, Raina and Sehwag (Kohli can bowl decent medium pacers too). We are already stacked up with part timers. We can sacrifice Yuvraj for the outstanding form that Kohli is in. Raina is a must in ODI's in India (esp. after that innings of today). My team against Bangladesh?

Sehwag
Sachin
Gambhir
Kohli
Dhoni
Raina
Yusuf
Ashwin/Chawla
Bhajji
Zaheer
Sreesanth

By the looks of it, it certainly seems India will not play Yusuf in the 1st match.

No Yousuf for sure in 1st match. If Yuvraj Singh flops in more then 2 matches then he should sit and give way for Pathan but till then Yuvraj on his reputation :)

Users who are viewing this thread