15th Match, League A: NSW v Trinidad & T at Hyderabad

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Get this guy in KXIP. He wears Red already.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good win by T&T, awesome knock by Pollard and Bravo again lead the way with the ball.
The bowling let NSW down, couldn't find a 4th and 5th bowler to keep it tight.

nikhil_99

International Coach
It was really a classic inngs by Pollard,one of the best, T&T has really performed good in this series...

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I know I voted for T&T to win this thing but I dont know who the other person was.

Told you guys that Pollard has great potential, he just hasn't been able to do it in international cricket. Really proud of the Trini boys, representing Caribbean cricket proper.

rocklara

International Coach
T&T guys all the way. They may meet the Cobras in the finals if they both can continue. I give TT the 50% chance of winning this inaugural tourney....They have played by far much better than that of the West Indies team. Never seen a more unified team.:hpraise

Cheste du Preez

School Cricketer
As they said on cricinfo if the 'other' KP is worth 1.5 mil how much is this KP worth? I've said it since their first game against somerset, T&T are the most impressive side in this tourney, way more as I previously said than NSW. Proven correct thus far! GO T&T you've made me a fan. Now just beat those other Aussies in the final.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just saw the highlights, Hughes definitely has more leg side shots. A weird looking pull shot but at least hes got something for the short balls. That was the Warner I was worshiping a few months ago, such clean hitting.

Pollard certainly can hit hard. Henriques shouldn't have been bowled again but Katich had no choice due to poor managing of the bowlers. Clark or Bollinger should have been bowling at the death.

Changes for next match, I know I've been calling for Thornely to be dropped but after that display his bowling could come in handy. I'd probably keep Smith in for his bowling but it would be between him and Rorher that is left out.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Darren Bravo looks a bit like Brian Lara when he bats.

Dwayne Bravo has disapointed with the bat but his bowling this tournament has been great.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Great Hitting by Pollard but you have to say that Hendrikez bowled terribly, far too many full tosses and not enough toe crushing yorkers. Good win by T+T, they are possibly favourites to win now. Definately the most passionate team in the league.

I have a feeling Pollard's bank balance will substantialy next year, plenty of IPL teams will want him.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Hughes pull shots looked more like tennis shots, fast bat speed putting top spin on the ball, oh well it's better than being a sitting duck.

But he played beatifully, that shot from a yorker on middle stump for 4 behind point was just class, this kid has potential.

He should be in Australia's ODI squad, he is naturally agressive and he is consistent. His un-orthodox technique will trouble a lot of bowlers.

Is it just me, or do the Windies love thrashing us? :help

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Just saw the highlights, Hughes definitely has more leg side shots. A weird looking pull shot but at least hes got something for the short balls. That was the Warner I was worshiping a few months ago, such clean hitting.

Pollard certainly can hit hard. Henriques shouldn't have been bowled again but Katich had no choice due to poor managing of the bowlers. Clark or Bollinger should have been bowling at the death.

Changes for next match, I know I've been calling for Thornely to be dropped but after that display his bowling could come in handy. I'd probably keep Smith in for his bowling but it would be between him and Rorher that is left out.

Yeah Hughes managed to work some balls into the leg side fairly impressively as well as that pull shot you mentioned.

The real error by Katich was leaving Lee for 2 of the last 3 overs. By then it was too late. Lee needed to bowl 17 and 19 at the latest, not 18 and 20. Henriques shoudn't have gone near the bowling crease again with Pollard still in. In my scenario with Lee used earlier, yes, the last over would have needed to be bowled by Henriques/Hauritz, but hopefully by then Lee might have gotten Pollard out making it an easier task. If not, at least you haven't left Lee's overs to waste.

For the team, I could see Thornely for Rohrer, but how about Thornely for Smith and have Phil Hughes take the gloves? We saw Jayawardene do a decent job (apart from a couple of possible stumpings that kept low) for Wayamba. Hughes was keeping in that game I went to in Lismore when Smith was out injured, so he's had some recent practice too.

Params7

International Cricketer
Pollard with a knock that will be remembered for a long time. NSW got owned :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
For the team, I could see Thornely for Rohrer, but how about Thornely for Smith and have Phil Hughes take the gloves? We saw Jayawardene do a decent job (apart from a couple of possible stumpings that kept low) for Wayamba. Hughes was keeping in that game I went to in Lismore when Smith was out injured, so he's had some recent practice too.

That would be ideal but can't see them doing that. Also Bird could be handy to give us another strike option as we did struggle to take wickets in this game but will be harsh on either Clark or Bollinger.

Users who are viewing this thread