6th Match, Group B: NSW v Sussex at Delhi

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We should of put Katich in at 3 and got 145+, but still, an awesome effort. Henriques and Hughes were excellent, but our bowling truly is looking good. I am so happy that Stevie Smith is bowling so well, it's a massive boost for us.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting captaincy, we seem to be giving some players a try like Dan Smith at 3 and Steven Smith bowling 4 overs. The latter worked very nicely, Smith's bowling has coming along nicely.

This looks to be the making of Henriques, hes finally delivering with bat and ball, most impressive is his batting.

Which is a good move from Katich because we could of made it into the next round with only one win but because you carry over your points over, winning the second game is a good luxury.

I'm excited that Henriques is starting to string together some good games together. If he does this in the FRC and Sheffield Shield then maybe the higher honours that people expected him to reach awaits!

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
It was good all round performance by NSW,they batted well and really all of them bowled well..

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I'm excited that Henriques is starting to string together some good games together. If he does this in the FRC and Sheffield Shield then maybe the higher honours that people expected him to reach awaits!

Sheffield Shield has always been his problem, because in fact he is a bit of a hitter and in the past has tried to bowl as fast as he can. I remembered watching him clock 140 and being amazed, but most of the time all that ends up happening from that is him getting tonked.

But still, he's performing and if the cricket of late is anything to go by, Henriques and Smith should have better seasons.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Said last year Steve Smith was one too look out for an we need to give Warne bags of $$$ to give him some tips an training.

He was abit raw last year but could see the talent not only that but he looks like warne.
Looks like hes been working hard on his game and has got more consistancy in his bowling.
Hopefully NSW play him in all formats so he can continue his development.
Maybe this time next year he will be in the aussie side.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I would say the Aussie selectors are well aware of Smith, the media made sure of it with the articles they wrote about him. His bowling definitely seems to have gone along nicely and hes becoming a very effective shorter form bowler. Haven't seen him player the longer format in a while.

Henriques has been crap in all formats so its a welcome change seeing him go so well, hopefully it carries onto the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread