2nd Match, Group B: Eagles v NSW at Delhi

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Discussion for the first Group B match between the Eagles and NSW.

Watch out for:

Cornelius de Villiers against David Warner: Quick bowler de Villiers was Eagles' best bowler during the Pro20. He'll need to be in top form to stop big-hitting opener Warner, who announced himself with an explosive 89 off 43 balls on Twenty20 debut. A strike-rate of 140 after 30 matches underlines his dangerousness.

Brett Lee's opening burst: After missing the Ashes due to injury, Lee has hit top gear in the one-dayers against England and the ICC Champions Trophy. Consistently hitting the late 140s, Lee was at his most destructive in the match at Lord's, where England were clueless against his pinpoint yorkers. A rigorous test awaits Eagles' batsmen.

Lee leads cast of heavyweights at Kotla | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 2009 | Cricinfo.com

Predicted lineup:

NSW: David Warner, Philip Hughes, Simon Katich, Ben Rorher, Dominic Thornely, Steven Smith, Daniel Smith, Brett Lee, Nathan Hauritz, Bird/Bollinger, Stuart Clark
Sadly can't find a spot for Henriques.

Eagles: (from) Boeta Dippenaar (captain), Dean Elgar, Alan Kruger, Morn? van Wyk, Victor Mpitsang, Rilee Rossouw, Adrian McLaren, Ryan McLaren, Dillon du Preez, Thandi Tshabalala, CJ de Villiers, Ryan Bailey, Shadley van Schalkwyk.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If I converted the time correctly then that means that this game starts at 9:30pm. I should be able to watch some of this game.

Looks like a strong line-up for NSW. I'm hoping Benny Rorher tees off, he's great to watch in full flight. Hopefully if Clark plays he goes well. I want to see him go well in the shorter formats.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'll be backing NSW, my old home state. Can't see them losing with an international caliber bowling attack and top order.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If I converted the time correctly then that means that this game starts at 9:30pm. I should be able to watch some of this game.

Looks like a strong line-up for NSW. I'm hoping Benny Rorher tees off, he's great to watch in full flight. Hopefully if Clark plays he goes well. I want to see him go well in the shorter formats.

Yea that's correct although you can just check your TV schedule or http://www.cricinfo.com/t20champions2009/content/series/405864.html?template=fixtures which should convert it for you.

Clark has gone fairly well in T20, he has a good average. But I wouldn't complain if he was dropped for Bird/Bollinger.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I'll probably catch the highlights of this game tommorow, I'm pretty interested in how a few guys I haven't seen before go for NSW.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I'll miss the first half hour because of my devotion to watching Sydney against Melbourne, but I look forward to watching the rest. I would rather Henriques over Stevie Smith to give us 4 pacers though.

Warner
Hughes
Katich
D Smith
Rohrer
Thornley
Henriques
Hauritz
Bird
Clark
Bollinger

That would be my team. I would give Lee this game off so he's raring to go on Sunday.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Steven Smith has been bowling well and the Indian conditions are suited to spin hence I went with him over Henriques.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Bird/Bollinger is a dangerous coin toss. One is excellent in T20s, the other is sub-standard.

puneet28

Club Captain
i would bet on NSW, they have two many International players. Would Like to watch Warner's BANG-BANG

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i would bet on NSW, they have two many International players. Would Like to watch Warner's BANG-BANG

NSW doesnt have too many international players at all. Hardly we have any overseas players

Users who are viewing this thread