Group B (NSW, Diamond Eagles, Sussex)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Fixtures
  • Fri Oct 9 16:00 local | 10:30 GMT, Eagles v New South Wales, Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
  • Sun Oct 11 16:00 local | 10:30 GMT, New South Wales v Sussex, Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
  • Tue Oct 13 20:00 local | 14:30 GMT, Eagles v Sussex, Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi

Teams

sharks%20small%20jpg.jpg

Sussex
Batsmen
  • Michael Yardy
  • Joe Gatting
  • Ed Joyce
  • Chad Keegan
  • Chris Nash
  • Dwayne Smith
  • Rory Hamilton-Brown

Bowler
  • Will Beer
  • James Kirtley
  • Yasir Arafat

All Rounder
  • Piyush Chawla
  • Luke Wright
  • Robin Martin-Jenkins

Wicket Keeper
  • Ben Brown
  • Andy Hodd

nsw.png

NSW
Batsmen
  • Simon Katich (c)
  • Phillip Hughes
  • Ben Rohrer
  • Dominic Thornely
  • David Warner

Bowler
  • Aaron Bird
  • Doug Bollinger
  • Stuart Clark
  • Nathan Hauritz
  • Brett Lee
  • Steve O'Keefe

All Rounder
  • Moises Henriques
  • Steven Smith
  • Simon Keen

Wicket Keeper
  • Daniel Smith

diamond-eagles.gif

Eagles

Batsmen
  • Boeta Dippenaar (c)
  • Ryan Bailey
  • Dean Elgar
  • Reeza Hendricks
  • Rilee Rossouw

Bowler
  • Jandre Coetzee
  • Cornelius de Villiers
  • Dillon du Preez
  • Victor Mpitsang
  • Thandi Tshabalala
  • Shadley van Schalkwyk

All Rounder
  • Alan Kruger
  • Ryan McLaren

Wicket Keeper
  • Adrian McLaren
  • Morne van Wyk

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interested to see how Hughes goes in T20.

So he will be opening with Warner right? or is it Katich that will be opening?

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pretty sure they will go with Hughes and Warner as the openers. Katich probably best at 3 wouldn't want him any lower.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
NSW is mini Australia. They are going through easily.

CricketPunk

Club Cricketer
Go the blues! In the Twenty20 Big Bash is Australia, Hughes did pretty good so he should continue on that form.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Will be interesting seeing what bowling attack we go in with. Bird is a wicket taker but can go for runs while Clark is economical and is able to get wickets out of nowhere. Bollinger in between.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
I've got such a bad feeling the Eagles are going to get rolled, even though they've been the most successful domestic team since the franchise system was introduced. At least on the up-side it's going to be a massive experience for the young guys and that can only be good for their futures and the Eagles' performances in the SS, MTN and Pro20 series.

It's a tough ask, but hopefully, Rossouw, Elgar and van Wyk can keep the batting safe, and CJ de Villiers and van Schalkwyk can perform with maturity beyond their years.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Oh Bird is back? That gives me a lot more confidence in NSW. Although he is expensive, in a whole tournament of players who have never faced him, he could take a wicket every over.

However, a lot of names are missing, particularly international quality players and they'll be a little annoyed that they can't use new recruit Shane Watson. They have some big names in pace, but they're not exactly a list of great T20 players. Spin might have their backs.

NSW are a hot favourite and I agree they're probably a lot better than Sussex, but I'm more wary of the Eagles than the punters are. We'll have to wait and see about that.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Oh Bird is back? That gives me a lot more confidence in NSW. Although he is expensive, in a whole tournament of players who have never faced him, he could take a wicket every over.

However, a lot of names are missing, particularly international quality players and they'll be a little annoyed that they can't use new recruit Shane Watson. They have some big names in pace, but they're not exactly a list of great T20 players. Spin might have their backs.

Bird, I feel is the X factor in our attack. Defiently an out and out wicket taker as you said. I've got a feeling that we won't play Lee and Bird in the same attack, as that could be too over attcking.

It is a shame that we can't use Shane Watson because he is in pretty good form at the moment. Did he play in the Big Bash for Queensland? It's pretty harsh because he is an Australian player.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Our National side actually has 3 expensive bowlers in Siddle, Johnson and Lee so there is no reason why NSW can't have 2 of them.

Watson wasn't part of the NSW squad at the time of the Big Bash hence he can't play for us.

Users who are viewing this thread