16 Feb - Canada vs England - Warmup

It's a pretty strange squad really, as they only have one genuine opener (Strauss).

I'm guessing they'll try Trott there next, but I don't think it's wise to move him because of how well he's been doing at number three.

They should leave Trott where he is. Maybe Bopara/Bell can open with Strauss?

Bopara didn't do much with his last opportunity there. I would try Bell, since he's done it before with greater success.

Bopara didn't do much with his last opportunity there. I would try Bell, since he's done it before with greater success.
Yeah, also Bell is in good form. I'm actually looking forward to see how he and Trott go in this tournament. Both have been in very good form, I'd love to see them make some healthy runs.

Would Trott opening make a difference though? The opening partnerships haven't really worked and he's had to come in early pretty regularly.

Would Trott opening make a difference though? The opening partnerships haven't really worked and he's had to come in early pretty regularly.
I wouldn't want to unsettle an established number 3 position. With Bell and Strauss, they can make a solid opening pair.

He's not an aggressive enough player. You need someone who's going to take advantage of the power-play overs.

We made our bed by selecting Prior really, Davies and Kieswetter have been doing it a long while now in county cricket and are far more suitable for the role. I would have picked Kieswetter, since he plays spin the best out of the three players. He's scored crucial runs on the big stage as well.

I makes no real sense selected Prior, who has had plenty of chances before, while Davies and Kieswetter haven't done a lot wrong to be dropped.

Hmm, trying Bell might work. I really don't get what Flower's up to here. Was dumfounded as was everyone when Prior made the squad, but I thought the clever coach had picked up on something the rest of us hadn't. But it's really back-fired on him, and with players like Colly and KP in bad form, and with Morgan out, there really was no need to disturb the settled partnership of Strauss-Davies.

47/5 and Canada will be disappointed by their batsman not performing. Their bowling was good at start but in the end just too way ward and the tail took it's advantage.

If only had they got at least half decent start, they would have had such a good chance. Anyhow a great comeback by them though. Giving England little scare

Not a bad batting from Canada. Cheema seems to be the key in their run chase but 4 wickets remaining, still he didn't get a partner who can contribute. Must be a fantastic innings from him.

A great single handed innings come to end. Great 94 runs from Cheema and if and only if England would have never recovered another minnow would have won :(

It's still possible for them just under 4, but wickets is the problem

Good thing for England is, Broad is doing good considering he is coming off a long break.

Opsss just saw the scores on PC and and and and Canada

wow what an upset it will be.Damn why i didn't bet on Canada

oh sorry didn't see the Wickets column.still getable

Users who are viewing this thread