1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

I've started a Test Match using cooks recommended skills, had an edge in the first over that got put down and then a couple more after 20-odd overs, including a very thick one to gully that I've never seen before. Thanks for the tips cook, definitely makes the game more enjoyable.
Take a look if you like;

Edges definitely decrease but the last 2 part games I have played have been completely clear and I still managed to get 3/4 edges in each. What I have been doing is setting the BF/FF at 9 for batsmen with an average of 45+ then decreasing it by 1 increment for every 5 run decrease in a players batting average. I'm quite positive that BF/FF is the biggest factor in regards to edges in the batting attributes.

@TheSecretMoblin

Cheers for the thanks man, glad you are enjoying it. Just a couple of questions. What level are you playing on and have you also reduced straight off and onside, if so what have you got them set at approximately?

What happened to @wealey88? I was enjoying your videos and analysis, but they suddenly stopped. Did you rediscover the outside world?

@TheSecretMoblin

Cheers for the thanks man, glad you are enjoying it. Just a couple of questions. What level are you playing on and have you also reduced straight off and onside, if so what have you got them set at approximately?

What happened to @wealey88? I was enjoying your videos and analysis, but they suddenly stopped. Did you rediscover the outside world?

Haha im here, treated myself to a week in majorca.

Back on it this afternoon.
Lovely video. Interesting to see was cloudy again. (Key factor)

Also not in anyway trying to tell you how to play your game @TheSecretMoblin but try ditching the fielders in the deep. The AI love giving away the wickets cheaply to them!

@TheSecretMoblin

I'm playing on pro, got straight set to 8 or 9 for most and off/on up to max of 5.

Grassy pitch, hard, wearing and slight cracks, not sure if it is making a difference.

Haha im here, treated myself to a week in majorca.

Back on it this afternoon.
Lovely video. Interesting to see was cloudy again. (Key factor)

Also not in anyway trying to tell you how to play your game @TheSecretMoblin but try ditching the fielders in the deep. The AI love giving away the wickets cheaply to them!

Cheers, I appreciate the tips, like you say they do seem to pick out the lads on the boundary.

Cheers, I appreciate the tips, like you say they do seem to pick out the lads on the boundary.

So much so, that i feel its scripted as to when you get a wicket.

Playing again today and the AI play the game so differently when conditions are clear. As you would. But it changes the amount of edges too much!

Nice to see 2 nicks off the spinner fly through a 2nd slip kinda area. Not a dicky bird for the seamers in sunny conditions.

2nd Ashes Test
Starts Tomorrow!

So much so, that i feel its scripted as to when you get a wicket.

Playing again today and the AI play the game so differently when conditions are clear. As you would. But it changes the amount of edges too much!

In the afternoon session the wickets tumbled, cloudy still, a couple of really nice edges. Still getting a disproportionately high number of ridiculous caught and bowled, 2 in the innings. I'll have to wait and see how it goes in clear weather.

In the afternoon session the wickets tumbled, cloudy still, a couple of really nice edges. Still getting a disproportionately high number of ridiculous caught and bowled, 2 in the innings. I'll have to wait and see how it goes in clear weather.

try setting straight to 10/11 for good batsmen and see if that alleviates the problem. Reducing agility for the pacemen may also help.

England win the Toss and elect to field in 2nd Ashes Test

Warner powers past 50, but Smith dismissal ensures lunch tastes that little bit sweeter for England.

Lunch Day 1

Australia 116-2

Clear Skies all day so natural the edges dry up. Been another enjoyable session thought with some very near play and misses etc. Interesting to note that the fuller deliveries stopping needle higher up have been much more effective on this pitch and the normal good length deliveries have all been played off the back foot!

England win the Toss and elect to field in 2nd Ashes Test

Warner powers past 50, but Smith dismissal ensures lunch tastes that little bit sweeter for England.

Lunch Day 1

Australia 116-2

Clear Skies all day so natural the edges dry up. Been another enjoyable session thought with some very near play and misses etc. Interesting to note that the fuller deliveries stopping needle higher up have been much more effective on this pitch and the normal good length deliveries have all been played off the back foot!

Nice video yet again. Is this on the same pitch as before or did you change it? If it's the same then clearly the weather has a massive influence, as you thought.

Users who are viewing this thread