1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

Thanks @cooks1st100 for batsmen with average below 20 - u set a lowish value right?
And when u say 4-9 , 8-11 --> This means that set any value between the limits. Right?

Wow a range of 1-8 for outswing? and 1-6 for inswing?
I thought u were supposed to set it very low.

Mentality - Changing it to Precise is not a must, in your opinion?

I have also experienced brute mentality bowlers getting more edges even if they are only bowling say 135-140 speed.

Thanks @cooks1st100 for batsmen with average below 20 - u set a lowish value right?
And when u say 4-9 , 8-11 --> This means that set any value between the limits. Right?

Wow a range of 1-8 for outswing? and 1-6 for inswing?
I thought u were supposed to set it very low.

Mentality - Changing it to Precise is not a must, in your opinion?

For batsmen below twenty yeah set low and for the values it is from 4 to 9.

For swing I set all my bowlers up slightly differently so that they each offer something different. 5 for out and 3 for in is a good happy medium.

Batsman type can be set however you wish, the team I'm testing with has an opener set to brute and he seems to bat just as conservatively as the conservative opener.

The mentality only applies to batting as far as I'm aware from the descriptions in the academy.
ok but had this match were the brute bowler got a 5 fer with 3-4 edges and the other medium pacer none so just thought may be it had something to do mostly placebo then i guess

Last edited:
ok but had this match were the brute bowler got a 5 fer with 3-4 edges and the other medium pacer none so just thought may be it had something to do mostly placebo then i guess

Interesting tho!!

Im going to have a play with that!!

We need more clouds!! The variation in edges from cloudy to sunny is good and does mean a test can eb and flow. Only issue is the change is too extreme and on a sunny day you lose the authentic test match feeling

Interesting tho!!

Im going to have a play with that!!

We need more clouds!! The variation in edges from cloudy to sunny is good and does mean a test can eb and flow. Only issue is the change is too extreme and on a sunny day you lose the authentic test match feeling

Edges definitely decrease but the last 2 part games I have played have been completely clear and I still managed to get 3/4 edges in each. What I have been doing is setting the BF/FF at 9 for batsmen with an average of 45+ then decreasing it by 1 increment for every 5 run decrease in a players batting average. I'm quite positive that BF/FF is the biggest factor in regards to edges in the batting attributes.

Great Thread Wealey, Ive enjoyed reading through and watching the video updates the last few days and thanks for taking the time to post them. It seemed a cracking test match in terms of gameplay and shows that there a quality depth to this game that is being teased out by you guys -Keep up the good work!

Im off to start a new test match with these settings.

I'm fascinated by the skills / attributes settings.
I wonder if there's a setting that could be tweaked, to stop or reduce the amount of times the bowler throws the ball at the stumps seemingly in frustration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread