1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest.

80-5 isn't exactly good though is it! But as we have been saying all along the batting attributes are overpowered, this is nothing new and to answer the question setting them to zero does not make them better.

Yeah, im not sure how useless you want them to be? Otherwise whats the actual point?

@cooks1st100 @Langeveldt @Markkkkk

Ok Guys lowered the Zimbabwe top 5 team to I think they should be set up and used the same bowlers that I uploaded with my England team.

The 5 wickets were all the guys who I had adjusted

Here's the highlights, this is being played at Durban!!

@Dutch might like this aswell

I think the extra pace must be a factor in edges, my West Indian team had 2 edges in 80+ overs with their military medium... Great wickets BTW, would definantly do some more playing if I hadnt been crashed twice in a row...

I think the extra pace must be a factor in edges, my West Indian team had 2 edges in 80+ overs with their military medium... Great wickets BTW, would definantly do some more playing if I hadnt been crashed twice in a row...

Weather i think is mostly our issue. That was cloudy.

Played again in sun. One edge past gully then they were 30/0.

Weather is our nemesis!!!!!

Weather i think is mostly our issue. That was cloudy.

Played again in sun. One edge past gully then they were 30/0.

Weather is our nemesis!!!!!

Wow thats interesting. Ideally if the edges were a mix of cloudy and clear the whole time then it would be ideal...

Hey guys,

The gameplay videos are phenomenal.
The battle between the AI and the human player is very well balanced after reduction of the skills.

My question is - Will reduction of skills also affect how the AI chases a total or plays a Limited over game?

I'm playing a 2 innings - 20 overs limited overs game in VETERAN and the AI batting is pathetic Look at the scores in the following screenshot.
I'm playing as Pune Warriors. The AI sets 5 slips 90% of the time leaving huge gaps and while batting just does not care bout the run rate while chasing or setting...

I thought i will be challenged in Veteran mode but meh...nothing.

Will reduction of skills as suggested here help in limited over games too?

6z7hok.jpg

15i3p92.jpg

3022x3l.jpg

If you're on pc then it should have improved and if youre on a console then you gotta wait for patch 3 and this will improve but as far as I know it doesnt make a difference...

[
I'm playing a 2 innings - 20 overs limited overs game in VETERAN and the AI batting is pathetic Look at the scores in the following screenshot.
I'm playing as Pune Warriors. The AI sets 5 slips 90% of the time leaving huge gaps and while batting just does not care bout the run rate while chasing or setting...

What platform are you playing on?

Playing Aussies v Poms at Lancashire...trying a nighttime test after reading Matt's comments....Using Wealey's teams....me bowling: good tight opening spell.....some close calls, no edges, LBW overturned by Rogers reviewing....was close but umpire had to reverse his decision which was cool and frustrating at the same time.....clear night, so hard work. But bowling a ntight line and keeping the runs downs pressures AI....have mid-off but a deep mid-on to avoid the catch there....

The fields were updated a few weeks ago which as far as I was aware should have prevented the fields that you have mentioned from happening. I would suggest posting on the patch thread to let Big Ant know that there are still problems with the fields. Maybe it's only been sorted for 40/50 over matches and not 20 over ones.

Anyhow to answer your question yes they should improve things for the shorter formats.

The fields were updated a few weeks ago which as far as I was aware should have prevented the fields that you have mentioned from happening. I would suggest posting on the patch thread to let Big Ant know that there are still problems with the fields. Maybe it's only been sorted for 40/50 over matches and not 20 over ones.

Anyhow to answer your question yes they should improve things for the shorter formats.

Ah! I see. Let me check on the patch page about fields. Strange as AI setting fields should be a generic fix and should not be based on Competition types.

Awesome. Let me start editing my club teams.

Users who are viewing this thread